camp THE SUN GOES DOWN — LAMBCURL'S VIGIL

──ᨒ↟↟ᨒ↟ᨒ↟↟ᨒ── He has done what he can to clean Lambcurl's body. It was not a matter simply of rubbing his pale fur with lavender, but washing his face with moss, cleaning away the remnants of sickness. In truth, he is not certain whether the yellowcough may linger in his pelt, and merely keeping him here within camp feels risky. But he deserves to be honored and presided over in death. Wolfsong would not rob him of this last dignity, plague or no plague.

"Please join me in honoring Lambcurl's life," he rasps under a dusky sky, lavender petals strewn throughout Lambcurl's fur. "I know it is customary for a final sharing of tongues, but I ask that we refrain. I've also marked where you may stand with stones." The distance is, admittedly, arbitrary; he does not know how far or how close they can be to avoid infection, or if it is possible to take ill from a body. But precautions are necessary nonetheless. It would hardly do to honor Lambcurl's death and join him shortly after.
border2.png
little_elli.png
WOLFSONG of WINDCLAN FORMER ROGUE TURNED MEDICINE CAT. 38 MOONS, HE/HIM, NPC X NPC. MATES WITH SUNSTRIDE (07/05/2023). BIOGRAPHY, PINTEREST, & PLAYLIST.
  • ★★★☆☆ WOUNDS: You're (mostly) in safe paws. You'll know if he's less experienced if he asks for your permission to try a treatment. No wound can scare him away from knowledge.
    ★★★☆☆ INFECTION: He can prevent most infections. If you feel feverish, let him know; he'll hum thoughtfully over herbs and sniff your wound before saying, "With your blessing..."
  • ★☆☆☆☆ ACHES & PAINS: If you complain to him of pain, he'll ask where. If it's a headache, you'll likely feel a bit better. For anything else, "Try this, if you'd like, and tell me how you feel."
    ★☆☆☆☆ BROKEN BONES: At best. he can ask you to remain lying down in the den. He may try to distract you with conversation while he considers what herb to feed you.
  • ★★★★★ TRAVELING HERBS: Going somewhere? No worries; Wolfsong knows just what you need to stay hale and healthy during your journey. The rest is up to you.
    ★★☆☆☆ KITTING: Thanks to Starlingheart, he's better prepared for the arrival of kits, but any complications will need a little faith and a lot of luck.
  • ★☆☆☆☆ POISONS: It's best if you avoid eating anything unfamiliar to you— it's probably just as unfamiliar to Wolfsong. The best he can do is offer you yarrow and sit with you.
    ★★☆☆☆ ILLNESS: If it's white or greencough, you'll likely recover. Otherwise, prepare for odd concoctions and the usual request that you consent to a little trial-and-error.

• Sad
Reactions: Marquette and AVA

IMG_0990.png

SOOTSTAR
Sootstar takes a stand at one of the many stones.

”Lambcurl was an efficient and hardworking tunneler. Albeit a bit odd, he is one of the best I have worked with.” Sootstar meows, sharing words of praise about Lambcurl while looking upon his frail white body. It seemed their tunneler team has been hit the hardest as of late, their progress in tunneling to the twoleg bridge is no doubt delayed.

”May he find strong breezes and plenty of tunnels to race through in StarClan.” Then she steps back, allowing room for more personal and intimate mourning.
IMG_0583.gif
  • » SootSootstar
    » WindClan Leader
    » She/her ․ Mate to Weaselclaw
    » Tiny blue smoke she-cat with green eyes.
    » "Speech"thoughtsattack
  • » A high-stamina foe who can be difficult to hit.
    » Excels in quick, short moves.
    » Fights to kill and maim
    » Fatal attack of choice is an underbelly dive.
    » May powerplay minor harm. Can powerplay healing

The stone that she rolls beneath her paws is cool, almost icy despite the warmth that practically radiates from her. Lambcurl is dead, is gone, another life ripped away by the cruel, uncaring claws of yellowcough. Sootstar speaks kindly of the pale-furred tunneler, and Hummingbirdheart follows suit. "He was a good cat. And a good tunneler. I’ll miss him—he was always so easy to spot down in the tunnels, since he was so… you know, white." She sniffs, one ear flicking as she considers the leader’s wishes for Lambcurl. "I bet there are tunnels in StarClan, and he’s probably digging his way halfway across the sky right now." It’s just too bad that he isn’t digging his way halfway to RiverClan, as the rest of the tunnelers are.
[ my materials in pyre ]

She had always known Lambcurl. She remembers toddling near the strange-eyed white tunneler as a kit, his kindly and poetic voice soft as the velveteen ear of his namesake. Seeing him dead is not strange, however. Her Clanmates have begun to drop like dehydrated birds. She can see the lavender pieces strewn through his blinding fur, and it does what it can to mask the stench of sickness and death. She approaches because she is expected to, and her face is a mask of cordial iciness.

I have known Lambcurl since kithood. He was kind to me, though he had little reason to be.” She lifts a paw and gently places it upon his bloating torso. “He was a tunneler I aspired to be like someday. WindClan will miss him, and I will honor him in the work I continue to do.

Despite her practiced formalities, Bluepaw is genuinely sad for a moment. She wonders who else they will lose to this wretched plague.

•  
  • bluekit . bluepaw
    — she/her, apprentice of windclan
    — bisexual ; single
    — long-haired blue she-cat with white and green eyes
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — penned by Marquette
    — art by Meg

• Sad
Reactions: Floppie