private THE THUNDER ROLLS ✧ chilledstar

Marblekit’s fear of her Clanmates has ebbed for the most part. She no longer lifts her hackles when a mostly-unfamiliar cat approaches her, and in the past moon, the scents of her new Clanmates have become woven into her sensibilities just like the moss in her nest. She meets gazes unflinchingly, challengingly, daring them to see Siltcloud in dull green depths, in the skinny, lanky body, in the pale tabby fur she wears.

She moves through ShadowClan’s densely-protected camp like a prisoner, still, all the same—feeling unwanted, unknown, unbelonging. Today she has strayed close to the leader’s den, where she has been once. Lilacfur had brought Sycamorekit and her inside to explain what Siltcloud had done. The memory stings, but Marblekit’s lower lip quirks stubbornly. She refuses to cry about it anymore. And she hadn’t been paying attention to the den the last time she’d been in there—what do Chilledstar’s quarters look like?

She isn’t afraid. She isn’t.

Marblekit trots to the mouth of the den and emits a squeak of surprise to see ebony fur curled into their nest. “Ch-Chilledstar,” she stammers. “I was just, um… I wanted to…” Would she get into trouble for daring to stumble into the ShadowClan leader’s den? “I—I wanted to see what it was like in here,” she admits, guiltily glancing around at the shadows that waver, bend in the light. The scent is different from the nursery—there is no milk-smell, no softness. Chilledstar’s den smells sharper, colder, like the mire after a morning frost. “Do you sleep in here alone?” She asks after a moment of recovery.

• ooc: @CHILLEDSTAR.
  • pcAn1D5.jpeg
  • Marblekit, she/they w/ feminine and non-gendered terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 3 moons old, ages realistically on the 1st.
    — mentored by n/a ; mentoring n/a ; previously mentored n/a
    — shadowclan kit, formerly a rogue. siltcloud x lilacfur, gen 3.
    — currently mated to n/a.
    — penned by Marquette.

sh fawn tabby with dull green eyes. bossy, brazen, outgoing, conniving, mischievous, skeptical, spiteful.

Reactions: CHILLEDSTAR.
chilledstar makes it very well known that they're overprotective of the younger generation. so many of them gone too soon, and they wanted nothing more than to watch them grow up. marblekit and sycamorekit are no exception. maybe they're even more protective of them because of how they came to be, and how easy it would be for them to hurt and made fun of. they didn't want that at all. shadowclan was supposed to be a family. but they're always butting heads here and it's hard... they can't force everyone to like each other, even if they really wanted to.

the sound of the young kit walking into their den makes their ears perk up with a few blinks. they didn't expect for marblekit to be here, let alone talk to them. she was rather... unwilling to talk before. or when she did, she was very feral in the sense of it. they can't blame her. she didn't exactly start here, but she was here now. that counted for something.

"oh, hey, little one."

they moved to sit up, shaking their fur out slightly and humming at the response, brows furrowing at the question.

"oh... uh... yeah. i do. i used to not to but... I do now."

they say, standing up and stretching, going to grab one of their rocks of from the corner of their den, setting it in front of the kit. in a way... it did remind them of her.

"well, other than my rocks. do you like rocks?"

———————---***ALL OF MY FEELINGS ARE GONE***———————---

•  
  • black feline with a white marking across their face, a white chin, a white right front paw, and blue eyes. chilledstar is covered in scars, the most prominent ones being the one across their face, and the one across their neck.
    45 moons old; ages the 3rd every month
    they / them pronouns
    aromantic / homosexual ; currently not looking / looking
    child of JAGGED and RAVEN
    shadowclan ; loyal to shadowclan ; other info if applicable
    mildly difficult to befriend ; trusts barely anyone; trusts no one outside of shadowclan
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

Reactions: MARBLEPAW
She’d been expecting to be chastised, but Chilledstar’s words are surprisingly gentle as they leave their mouth. The ebony feline stirs in their nest, standing and stretching as they greet her. Hey, little one, the ShadowClan leader mews, and Marblekit feels herself starting to relax. Her intrusion has gone unpunished, for now. Chilledstar even answers their inquiry—I used to not, but… I do now. Marblekit furrows her brow. “Who used to sleep in here? Where did they go?” It seems sad to her to have to sleep all alone. Not even Starlingheart does that, with her patients and Magpiepaw in the same den.

Marblekit sits up expectantly as Chilledstar leaves their nest to fetch something from the corner of the den. There’s a collection there, she realizes—all stones, of different shapes, sizes, textures, colors. The one the dark-pelted warrior presents to her is simple, but there’s something oddly appealing about it. “I never did before,” she confesses, pawing the stone thoughtfully. “Why do you have so many of ‘em?

• ooc:
  • pcAn1D5.jpeg
    — penned by Marquette.

sh fawn tabby with dull green eyes. bossy, brazen, outgoing, conniving, mischievous, skeptical, spiteful.

chilledstar didnt... expect her to question further. they don't know why they didn't. kits are naturally curious and it's marblekit's curiosity that even led her to being inside of their little cave in the first place. their torn ear flicks and they hum quietly. they don't like lying to kits. makes no sense. and they'd not be more the wiser if they're always lied to. so...

"my mate, geckoscreech. she's gone now. I think she's in the stars."

they shrug, as if it's not a big deal. it is, and one day maybe they'd let themself realize that more than a little bit at a time. but not today. and certainly not right now. luckily, marblekit continues and they twitch their nose in response before speaking as they push their ears back.

"they're permanent. a lot of things in life come and go. the cats we learn to love, the cats we learn to hate. even the cats we don't quite know how to feel about. trees, and even leaves. a lot of them aren't permanent. but rocks... rocks always have been. always will be. and so, I find them. I find the perfect ones and collect them. most of them remind me of loved ones. this one,"

they move to grab another one. one they'd never even give up. one they'd never let anyone take from them.

"reminds me of my mom. she left when I was younger. had to go back to the stars. but I keep it with me, in my den nice and safe, so I can remember her."

they dont even realize that at this moment marblekit doesn't know about siltcloud yet. but... it's not their place to tell. not yet, at least. they will give lilacfur just a bit more time.

"and that one... you can have. it's one of my favorites so you have to promise you won't let anything happen to it."

———————---***ALL OF MY FEELINGS ARE GONE***———————---

•  
  • black feline with a white marking across their face, a white chin, a white right front paw, and blue eyes. chilledstar is covered in scars, the most prominent ones being the one across their face, and the one across their neck.
    45 moons old; ages the 3rd every month
    they / them pronouns
    aromantic / homosexual ; currently not looking / looking
    child of JAGGED and RAVEN
    shadowclan ; loyal to shadowclan ; other info if applicable
    mildly difficult to befriend ; trusts barely anyone; trusts no one outside of shadowclan
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

Something like sadness crossed Chilledstar’s blue-silver eyes, like a stormcloud slipping in to cover the sky. Marblekit blinks up at them, a frown creasing her pale muzzle. “My mate, Geckoscreech. She’s gone now. I think she’s in the stars.” Marblekit stares for a few heartbeats before murmuring, “So now you’re lonely. I’m sorry. Sometimes I’m lonely, too.” She shrugs, her attention fleeting—it directs her back to the stone Chilledstar had placed in front of her paws.

The ebony-furred leader tells her they collect the stones because they are permanent. Marblekit mulls over that word—permanent. “What’s that mean,” she begins to ask, but then Chilledstar explains. Permanent means things that don’t go away, or cats who go away. She thinks briefly of tawny fur, of a white-blazed face, of haunted green eyes that watch her disappear into undergrowth from afar. She paws the stone again, this time softly.

Your mama left, too?” Marblekit places a forepaw onto the smooth exterior. “I miss my mama.” It’s spoken into existence and it lingers in the air like static between them. Marblekit finally tilts her tiny face toward Chilledstar’s, a smile breaking through her curdled expression. “Wow, thank you! I’ll keep it real safe in my nest, I promise!

• ooc:
  • pcAn1D5.jpeg
    — penned by Marquette.

sh fawn tabby with dull green eyes. courageous, curious, introspective, observant, judgmental, snarky.