private the universe must have divined this

—————————————————————⊰✿⊱————————————————————
"Would it be okay, to share it with her too?" The question felt silly to ask after all they had discussed on their own. Much had been revealed that not even Hazecloud had been aware of, but it had warmed her heart to hear. In moments where Lichenstar felt the cold bite of loneliness, that it had not lived for very long in another's company. Of all her Clanmates to make Lichenstar happy, if it couldn't be herself, than she agreed that the smoky molly was a perfect choice.

"I would like to- I mean- I just... only if you agree. I really want this to work." Why did she feel so nervous now? Salmonshade had been a friend to the pair for so long now. In so many different ways she helped them, so many glimpses of time where the molly stood in support for them. She knows she grieves Riverpaw like a mother would, that she hovered through Horizonpaw's training more than just a typical mentor would. Something about finally confronting it though, the lingering stares and hopeful thoughts, it would change. Whether Salmonshade accepted or not, it would.

--

Hazecloud sat beside her mate beneath the stalks of purple sage and violets, waiting to see if the molly would arrive to the call for a private meeting. She's antsy in their waiting to the end that Lichenstar's pelt is free from any mess of stray curls and flecks of leaf litter. The silver molly began to rush into convincing herself that Salmonshade's interest was a misunderstanding, but the moment doubt crept in the wind carried the scent of petrichor. Her energy returned with vigor, her tail twitched as she pressed close to Lichenstar, a happy exhale pressing from a breath she hadn't realized she was holding.

"You're here!" Hazecloud purred, padding forward to meet Salmonshade halfway and press her forehead against the other's muzzle in greeting. "Lichenstar and I wanted to ask you something, here." She guided the tortie to a spot they had left for her, leaving an equal distance between the three of them to sit in a triangle.

"This is a special place for Lichenstar and I. When we were much younger we would meet here in secret, and when we missed each other this little patch in the meadows helped us feel close again." She doesn't go into too much detail, of the tides they fought against that broke them apart the first time. Or how Lichentail had come here to grieve the molly she thought was lost within the mountains.

"You've been... a wonderful friend to us. Our children see you as kin, you've been part of so many of our family's milestones. It feels though you've been part of it all this time but... we would like to make that official. We would like to include you in our mateship, if you'll accept." Hazecloud feels as though she's talking too much now. She could only imagine what might be going through Salmonshade's thoughts right now; had they misread her company? Would this be a step too far into their comfort with her? She prayed the feelings she grasped from the molly to be true.

• @lichenstar @salmonshade

• 73582445_EEfwz37mLUqnNP7.png
    Hazecloud
    —⊰⋅ Deputy of RiverClan
    —⊰⋅ She/Her
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ LH blue smoke with green eyes.