the usual ✦ hunting

ODDGLEAM

ᘏ⑅ᘏ TORN WINGS REVIVED
Feb 7, 2024
Copper hues stared across foliage, ears swiveling on his sliver and cream head as he detected the scent of land prey nearby. His mentor Clearpool was behind him, clutching her own catch: a thin squirrel. After their climbing session earlier, the dark long-haired molly proposed to hunt instead of coming back to camp empty-handed. He agreed of course, he'd rather not come back to camp without any prey in his grasp. He breathed in the scent of prey, as he eased into a hunter's crouch ears angling flat against his pale skull. He carefully moved forward, lowering against the filthy layer of snow beneath him.

Mouse! He swerved around a frost covered bush, careful not the disturb the shrub. The calico brushed past the bush, tail twitching behind him as he proceeded on, perking up little as he spotted a mouse in front of him. Keeping quiet, he waited a moment longer as he observed the mouse's movements. He frowned in focus before with a powerful thrust of his hind legs, he pushed forward, claws extended latching upon his prize. With a twist of the creature's neck, he immediately silenced its squealing cries. Oddpaw scooped it up in his jaws, turning his slender frame around to pad back to Clearpool.
"Caught it." He huffs out, from around the mouse cluched in his jaws as he emerged from around the frosted bushes. Clearpool lets out a "Ohh, nice catch!" her comforting voice filled the small clearing they were in. "Let us go back." He watched as Clearpool got up from where she was settled, while waiting for him. She beckoned him with her dark tail, before she trotted off through the slush created by the melting snow on the ground. He followed gracefully after her with a hum, his tail swaying behind him as he caught up to his mentor on long pale limbs. A mouse and a scrawny squirrel.. oh well.

•  
  • no ref yet </3
  • ( really? that's it? not cool ) ODDPAW : apprentice of skyclan
    — cismale ; HE / THEY ; currently 9 moons
    ♡ bi-pan / single / not actively looking / open to flirting & puppy-crushes
    — a medium-furred sliver and cream calico tom with copper eyes
    action , thoughts , "Speech, ac7d88"
    — smells of caramel frappe & chilled stone

- tags / @ on discord for plots
    - penned by calzone

• nothing here begone!

𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊 〰 "Wait for me," comes a shrill cry from somewhere behind, followed immediately by soft thumping paws in fresh snowfall. Edenpaw all but appears next to the duo with a heavy, dramatized sigh, "Man you guys must've caught what I scented earlier... good thing you got it at least Oddpaw. You're not half bad at hunting," they yammer, hurrying to adjust their paw-steps so they might move in time with their conversational partner of the afternoon.

Clearpool doesn't seem too bothered by the interjection at least... and Hazelbeam would catch up in a little bit (she always did!). "You already done for today? You'll have to show me your moves sometime... I'm supposed to be better in the winter because I blend in with the snow- at least, that's what everyone was trying to say before- but man if I don't miss my jump sometimes." No point in hiding behind the misgivings, the failures... you couldn't learn anything without them. Besides... no one had dared to say anything mean-spirited about their delays in success where others younger than them had thrived.​

"Hm?" Oddpaw jerks his head to the side, blinking in surprise at the presence of the other apprentice next to him and his mentor. He listens to the chattering of Edenpaw, not minding their silly yapping, he was in a nice mood. "Oh? Well, thank you Edenpaw." He gives a brief chuckle and nods at the other. It'll be excellent to teach(?) the other apprentice  his hunting moves eventually, if he remembers to. "Also, we're done for the day. We'll be making our way back." He responds, smoothly to Edenpaw's earlier question, if he and his mentor are traveling back to camp.

• //mobile post!!
  • no ref yet </3
  • ( really? that's it? not cool ) ODDPAW : apprentice of skyclan
    — cismale ; HE / THEY ; currently 9 moons
    ♡ bi-pan / single / not actively looking / open to flirting & puppy-crushes
    — a medium-furred sliver and cream calico tom with copper eyes
    action , thoughts , "Speech, ac7d88"
    — smells of caramel frappe & chilled stone

- tags / @ on discord for plots
    - penned by calzone

• nothing here begone!