pafp Thems fightin words || Sparring

It was cold. Too cold. The sky was gray and the breeze was chilly. Just an overall dreary day. A normal cat would seek to snuggle up to someone for warmth, nice and cozy in the warriors den.

Badgerstrike? Nah. She wanted to keep warm in the form of COMBAT.

So, after her duties were done, she hopped to the middle of the clearing and shouted.

"WHO WANTS TO SPAR!? I PROMISE I'LL GO EASY ON YOU!!"

@WOLFWIND

"I WANNA SPAAAARRR!!!!" instantaneous, quick as the wind, she's summoned from the depths (of the warrior's den). She's bright eyed and bushy tailed, putting on her best fierce face as her tail sticks high in the air. Meadowflame– she– she was nice ENOUGH, but the fiercest of spar...ers? Sparers??? Fighters? No, not that. So Wolfwind's skills were... a little bit lacking! But that's fine, she'd just copy badger as she goes! Easy! And before, those other stupid apprentices had TOTALLY upstaged her, trying to bite Badgerstrike the second she showed up! Typical, of chumps like Wildpaw, tch.

She was a refined warrior, though! So she would approach this with maturity, and stuff! In a show of how cool she is, she lilts her chin upward (the idea is for her to look down at badgerstrike all intimidating-like, but she kinda forgot she's toller than her... uh...) WHATEVER! she sniffs, all fancy and stuff. "No need to go easy on me," she says, putting on an accent she just made up on the spot. "In fact, I'll even let you go first 'cuz I'm so generous!"

"AND THOUGH THE EMBERS ARE NEW, WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T LET THE FIRE DIE"
From where she sat, Emberstar's ears perked up as she heard Badgerstrike call out her challenge. She had half a mind to take the molly up on it herself, before Wolfwind jumped in. The idea of getting to watch two of her warriors duke it out was almost better though. It would be fun to see what her clanmates were capable of.

"Remember, no claws! Take it out of the camp! Be safe!" The leader called out a few reminders. There wasn't enough room, she thought, for them to have a safe bout in the center of camp even if they were careful. It might be better if they moved, and she would be certain to follow them when they did. She did have one last thing to say to them, though. "Other than that, may the best warrior win." Emberstar declared with an encouraging smile.

The sentiment was nothing serious to her though, it just made this whole thing more fun!

Jaypaw isn't sure how anyone can think about anything other than the cold rattling through their bodies. He feels like his teeth will chatter out of his lips if he doesn't keep himself rolled into the tightest ball possible. He's envious of his clanmate's ability to go on like nothing is wrong but he can guess it's because they're more used to the cold than the former kittypet is. The orange splotched apprentice drags himself up and pretends to stretch to hide the tremble before willing his paws forward. It stings at first but maybe Badgerstrike has the right idea as the farther he moves, the less he feels like an ice block. Jay stops by Emberstar's side, blinking rapidly at first when she allows it because he'd near forgotten that Wolf is a grown warrior now. She is technically an adult, even though she doesn't act like it. "Are you sure that's a good idea, Wolfwind?" After all, Badgerstrike is full of all these scars and stuff so surely the older molly knows more he would think.
[ I'M THE HERO THAT SAVES ME ]

Yes, AN OPPONENT. She gave Wolfwind a big grin. Yes. She was recently graduated from apprentice, but that didn't mean anything, anybody can be scrappy at any age.

"NICE."

She liked Wolfwind. She was spunky.

Emberstar tells them the rules, she doesn't mind. They were reasonable, wouldn't want to accidentally injure someone in a spar. That wouldn't be good, now would it. She nodded to Emberstar. " You got it."

Jaypaw voices his concern and Badgerstrike can't help but laugh. "I'm not looking to maul anyone! It'll be fine!" She says reassuringly. Mauling was for enemies only!

She nearly shoots Emberstar a look— but she remembers that the rules are proooobably for Badgerstrike, since she's new-ish, and all, (and if they WEREN'T she was totally gonna give Emberstar a million more dirty looks), but her sparring buddy seems to agree, and with that, she can swiftly end her mental turmoil! But then, Jaypaw has the NERVE to question Wolfwind's decisions. Shocked, appalled, all that stuff, Wolfpaw gawks at him, before promptly BOPPING HIM ON THE HEAD!! (Or at least she tried and it occured to her a little too late that she's over here and he's over THERE and he can't exactly reach him but... at least the rhetorical...metaphorical... hypothetical... something-ical bopping should be communicated to him swiftly!

"'SCUSE me! Who's the warrior here?!" she asks, more like, tells, because it's actually a sick hypotheticametaphorhetorical question that she hasn't been saving for the past several moons of her life or anything??? "You dare doubt me? Watch me beat Badgerstrike up right now!" she declares with a tilt of her chin. She was totally gonna win somehow!! Don't even sweat it! You shouldn't be sweating it like, at all! She nearly flings herself at Badgerstrike immediately JUST to prove her point... but then she'd be making Emberstar look not-silly even though she was quite possibly, THE SILLIEST in Thunderclan. Couldn't be having thaaaaaat so, promptly, she marches outside.

With a spring in her step, she marches toooo... basically just enough to not be deemed a public nuisance! Could she have gone to the Sandy Hollow? Yea, but this was more realistic anyways (and also she didn't feel like walking there)! SHE'S READY TO KICK ASS!!! But, like, wait. "You gotta have like-a cool battlecry, right?" Surely!