private Then I go and spoil it all ♫ Shroudedpaw

Jun 17, 2024
*+:。.。 "AAAH!" Bugpaw - for that was her name now, Bugpaw, couldn't stop squealing. She danced on her toes, twirled with every step, only pausing to apologize when her tail struck someone's face before resuming her little mini-party. Although her chest was still painfully tight leaving her mamma behind, this new chapter was sure to be an exciting one, she just knew it! "I wonder what Morningcloud is like, very bright I bet," she giggles at her joke, glancing around the apprentice's den to see who else might've heard her.

Her eyes land on Shroudedpaw. Her nursery-mate for moons, now her den-mate for even longer! With sing-song trill, the girl bounces over to the tom. "Are you excited Shroudedpaw? Aaah I'm so excited I don't think I can sleep tonight!" she giggles, skipping on her toes as she trots around the tom, unable to hold still even for a conversation.

Shroudedpaw had always been more on the quieter end. Rarely did she ever see the inverted tabby-and-white smile, but that just made her more desperate to find what would. Smiling warmly, she tilts her head as she waits for his response, before blurting out, unable to stop herself, "Wanna have a nest next to mine? It'll be like we're having a sleep-over!" she meows eagerly. Being surrounded by her siblings and former den-mates would make sleeping in a whole new den a lot less scary.

• GENERAL:
    Bugpaw
    DFAB— She/Her
    6 moons — Ages 1 moon every month real-time
    Daughter to Flamewhisker and Flycatcher
    Sibling to Falconheart, Stormfeather, Lilykit, Butterflykit, Scorchedpaw, Squirrelpaw, Sunpaw
    Thunderclan — apprentice

COMBAT:
    Physically easy | mentally easy
    Attack in bold pink
    injuries: None currently

• Love
Reactions: ixora
Like a persistent insect in his ear, Bugpaw certainly lives up to her name today. She is buzzing with excitement and floating about with light paws and a dreamy smile. Not quite the reaction Shroudedpaw had to his ceremony - the boy whose only shown emotion was a disapproving scowl when his mentor was announced - but he doesn't quite have the heart to tell Bugpaw to buzz off. Any other cat, but not her. It is an unfortunate ailment inflicted on him, this tolerance of his noisy denmate, one that he acknowledges reluctantly with an allowance for Bugpaw's presence.

As expected, she is chattering in his ear almost as soon as the ceremony ends. On and on about Morningcloud, a cat he barely knows; unable to make a knowing comment, he merely flicks his ear her way in acknowledgement of the statement. She must be at least competent if she was assigned as a mentor to begin with. Maybe, since Howlingstar is supposedly great at making pairings, she is just as much a pest as her new apprentice.

The questions then become personal, and Shroudedpaw's brows furrow. "Excited isn't quite how I'd describe it," he muttered half-heartedly in response. Let down? Disappointed? Certainly. Bitter? Perhaps. It's Shroudedpaw's own fault; he had gotten his own hopes up that he would receive the one cat in this Clan who could possibly understand his spiritual troubles, and let down he was. Would Bugpaw understand his problems, if he were to speak them now? "I'm.. uncertain about my mentor. I don't think we're a good match. Mousenose doesn't.. know me.." he mews carefully, as if gently explaining a risky topic to a kitten. Rest assured, unlike Bugpaw, Shroudedpaw would get plenty of sleep tonight.

A nest next to Bugpaw doesn't sound unappealing, so long as she doesn't disturb his rest. He thinks for a moment, then agrees with a nonchalant nod and shrug of his shoulders. "Yeah, okay. Just don't keep me up with your.. excitement." The chiding is stern, but as lighthearted as he could muster. Then, again, he is skeptical; brows furrowed and pupils narrow on his companion. "Is it really a sleepover if we're.. next to each other every night?"
  • SHROUDEDPAW ━━ penned by ixora
    ━━ APPRENTICE of THUNDERCLAN
    ━━ 6 MOONS,, ages every 8th
    ━━ SHADEDMOON xx CRIMSONSUN
    ━━ sibling to FADINGPAW, SHADOWEDPAW, DWINDLINGPAW and GLOWINGPAW
    ━━ MATE to none | PARENT to none
    ━━ MENTOR to none, MENTORED by MOUSENOSE
    ━━ HEALTH ♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎ | generally healthy​

• speech is #E4D6CE