camp THEORIES OF LIFE ✧ shell-organizing

cascadepaw

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚
Apr 27, 2024
A lot had gone on in the past moon... She takes a shell and places it in its color-coded pile, blue eyes focused on the uncoordinated pile in front of her. First fire spreads across Windclan, and Smokestar lets them on the territory. All things considered, it's probably the lightest thing that has happened to Riverclan these past few weeks... She grabs another one, rolling it under her paw as she thinks where this one would fall in to. Next, after a period of silence... Smokestar... Falls in to the gorge. The rolling of the shell becomes a bit frantic as the tip of her tail twitches at the thought. She had become an apprentice not too long ago... Why were bad things happening now?

Cats are still looking for him, are they not? Their leader is bound to show up any minute now. The rolling becomes even more frantic. It's a comforting motion, to feel something beneath her paw. The movement provides slight relief.

"I need... a purple pile..." she decides, quietly talking to herself in a murmur, ears twitching as her throat feels like closing. She shifts forwards to lean over her pile, but as she does so the shell cracks beneath her weight, splintering in to little pieces. She's quick to raise her paw, brushing the mess in to a small pile, trying not to cry at her own careless mistake. "Now- I-" she takes a deep breath, blinking to keep the tears at bay. "I need... Another purple shell..."

• cascadekit, cascadepaw
    cisgender female ,, she/her ,, 06 moons
    apprentice of riverclan ,, mentored by drizzlewave
    blue smoke / blue lynx point chimera with blue eyes & low white
    "speech, #6FB2C3" ,, thoughts
    unknown sexuality ,, single
    smells like faint vanilla & fresh rainfall
    penned by chuff

Ferngill was familiar with writhing anxiety, and finding comfort in objects. With Smokestar's disappearance, even their most senior warriors were walking on a path strewn with uncertainty; he couldn't imagine what was rushing through the heads of the apprentices, likely lost without the guidance of their leader, no one bearing answers. The lurch in Ferngill's chest hadn't gone away yet, and he was desperate to continue a search- but while he was off duty, it was probably a good idea to check in, to see if everyone was alright. Or- as alright as they could be.

Seeing Cascadepaw accidentally crush a pretty purple shell, pity bloomed within the green of Ferngill's solitary eye. "Oh, I can help you find another purple shell," Ferngill offered, adopting a smooth, gentle tone- so as not to frighten her, so as to reassure her. It might seem pointless to more hardened warriors, but Ferngill believed in morale being just as important as honed claws. "I might even have one, in my collection... unless you want it to be one you found?" Oh, he understood that very well! Some objects needed their sentimantality for the true beauty to shine through.
penned by pin

Shimmerkit does not really know much of what happens around her in the clan. Her mother, Lavendersong, makes the occasional attempt to try and inform her child, but Shimmerkit is young and most of the information goes in one ear and out the other. She's vaguely aware of the WindClan refugees on their territory and the fact that Smokestar is missing though she does not truly understand.

The lilac tabby is walking nearby when she overhears Cascadepaw talking about needing another purple shell before Ferngill offers to help in the search. No sooner has she heard those words, Shimmerkit makes a beeline for the two of them, practically screaming when she asks, "Can I help too?" She gives the two older cats a pleading look, hoping that they would not be able to resist her charms and say no to her. "Oh, please let me help! I'm the best at finding things!"

જ➶ Personally she doesn't collect things. For her she feels like it is a waste of time because...it's empty. The meaning of it is lost on her. Perhaps one day she will see the point but for herself she finds it a fruitless and taxing endeavor. She would rather be working on her hunting or fighting skills. Learning how to climb or how to be stealthy. Those grant her more satisfaction than anything else does. The apprentice flicks her tail up as she lays there near the apprentice den, shifting as she sighs softly. Hellfire gaze focuses on nothing in particular before she hears the soft splintering of something breaking before the crack sounds out. Lifting her skull she eyes the shattered remains of the purple shell and the way Cascadepaw looks. With a frown on her muzzle she pushes to sit up and wonders what the gloom is all about. Everything is fine except for that one shell and then others gather. A kit too.

Shaking her head she makes her way over, shifting her ears slightly. "I bet there are plenty of them around. So it's going to be okay." Comforting is not her strong suite and she really just wants to tell the other to suck it up. But she keeps herself from blurting out the words and instead she glances to the kit then, narrowing her eyes. "You can't leave camp. The best you could do is scamper around the edge for shells. Might not find that many here." Not with everyone stepping all around and moving stuff.

Shimmerkit has to fight herself from pouting when Midnightpaw points out that she can't leave camp. "No fair!" She protested a little. "Can't I go if you three watch me?" Despite her protests, she knows her pleas will fall on deaf ears. That was just the way things were for kits, they either stayed in the nursery or in camp, they didn't get to have adventures. Shimmerkit focuses back on Midnightpaw's words, how the apprentice did not think she would find many in camp. Well, Shimmerkit saw that as a sort of challenge and was determined to find sooooo many shells that Mignightpaw would regret those words. "Nuh-uh, I'll find lots and lots of shells!" Shimmerkit insisted, puffing her chest out as she spoke. "Just you wait!"