private There before the threshold ƚƚ Basilkit

Houndshade

Lowering your expectations
May 26, 2024
YOU THINK THAT YOU'RE THE MAN

Reaching that milestone of 12 moons Houndpaw was aware that their assessment was around the corner, should that be successful then not too far beyond there she should be given a warrior name. This was the point in time where training is ramped up, having to reach new heights and that pressure to constantly improve. She opts to shrug it off wherever they can, they were still doing whatever her mentor threw their way but they found themself seeking excuses to do quite literally anything else. That’s her mentality as they sit by the apprentices den, carefully licking the long wisps of fur wherever she could reach near her chest. Seeking shelter from the warm sun in the break between the clouds coverage in the sky, as she sits here they can feel eyes boring into their pelt. If the sun wasn’t going to burn then maybe the intensity of this gaze would.

They pause their grooming and lift their head, squinting as she tries to look for whoever was staring at her. It doesn’t take much time at all for them to figure out that this gaze wasn’t solely intended for them but also for the clump of ferns behind her where she and her denmates rest. Though they suppose that won’t be where they sleep for much longer, ugh how weird. She stares back at the cream tabby who sits a respectable distance from her, determination and stubbornness in those green eyes. This was one of the kits… Basilkit if her memory serves correct. “Hey Basilkit, wanna come over? I don’t bite” She calls out with a yawn and a lopsided grin. Pushing herself up from where she was sitting she gestures him over with a paw.

“How long until you’re free from the nursery?” She never bothered to keep track with ages unless they were her own or her littermates, which was also her own so it’s really just an extension of herself. They look between Basilkit and over to the apprentice den, a wickedly mischievous smirk worms their way onto their maw. “Hey, do you want a tour of the apprentice den? If you want you can even ask questions about apprentice stuff. Give you a headstart and what not” That would give her at least an hour of free time, no one would want to pull her away from spending time with a future ThunderClan warrior, right?

{ @basilkit }​

I THINK, THEREFORE, I AM