camp These boots were made for walking [OPEN]

Sorrelsong

It's not work. Not if it's you.
Oct 23, 2023
𓆝 . ° ✦ Cold chill. That was something Circe never had to contend with before and, with a sharp stab of sadness, she realized she almost missed her time as a kittypet. It was always cold cold or warm. Never hot. Never chilly. Never like this.
Her breath bellowed in front of her, marking the air with her annoyed sigh. Nothing was warm. Not even the sunning spot she found a while ago. Not anywhere in camp, really. She could go and huddle in the warrior's den. Pray that the warmth of her clanmates would generate enough heat to keep the chill from finding every patch of uneven fur and the precocious pink flesh poorly hidden beneath.
But she decided today she'd start being a warrior. She slept in their den. She called herself one of them. She'd... she had to try.
Breath bellowed in front of her again. She wished it was rays of sun instead.
She stood, appropraitley frozzen at the entrance of the den. Her tail the only thing safe in the den, still basking in the shadow of warmth. The sun stood overhead like a joke.
"Would, uh, would anyone like to go on a walk around? To try and warm up?"
 ° .  . ° 
  • ooc:
  • Untitled5_20231116211051.png

CIRCE— SHE/HER・ 37 MOONS ・ WARRIOR IN TRAINING & SKY CLAN・ PENNED BY @KEEEKEEEY!
    Once a rather pretty brown smoked molly, Circe is unnaturally lithe and is missing large chunks of her fur. She has an oddly muscular and feminie build and small paws. — physically easy && mentally easy — Attempting to learn Sky Clan's ways — NPC x NPC : Sibling to Duskpool, Shadowfire and Smokefang

Last edited:

"I'll join you if you want?" Howlfire offered, padding up to the brown she-cat. It was quite a chilly day today which was a bit of a disappointment after enjoying some milder days in the approach to newleaf. In truth, Howlfire would be glad for the opportunity to stretch her legs and warm up. "We could head to the Rockpile," Howlfire suggested, looking at the other she-cat to gauge her opinion. It wasn't a huge trek from camp but it could be enough to warm them up at least without sending them too far from camp. "We could even try and catch a mouse or two if we're lucky."

𓆝 . ° ✦ "Sure," Circe found herself responding quicker then she'd excepted. She gawked a little bit - was the cold making her think slower?- at the molly infront of her. She bore some resemblence to another cat she'd recently met, but she couldn't quite place it. Either way, this was a new face and unlike most of the challenges adjusting to a warrior's life brought, talking with other cats was not something she struggled with. Well, as much, anyways.
"I'd like that. Warm us up without going to far - thought I will warn you, if we catch a mouse I might use it to warm my paws rather then eat it right away!" She smiled, laughing a little. The words fell out of her maw a bit unorganized, but hopefully the other molly would know what she meant or maybe get the joke.
 ° .  . ° 
  • ooc:
    CIRCE— SHE/HER・ 37 MOONS ・ WARRIOR IN TRAINING & SKY CLAN・ PENNED BY @KEEEKEEEY!
    Once a rather pretty brown smoked molly, Circe is unnaturally lithe and is missing large chunks of her fur. She has an oddly muscular and feminie build and small paws. — physically easy && mentally easy — Attempting to learn Sky Clan's ways — NPC x NPC : Sibling to Duskpool, Shadowfire and Smokefang

Though he’s lucky to have longer fur than the brown she-cat, the cold has been getting to Greeneyes as well. The recent chill in the air makes him wish for days prior, days further back into leaf-bare than this one. Soon, he hopes the air will warm up again, that the frost will return to its slumber and hibernate for a few seasons.

And while the lead warrior's been out already today, keeping his legs moving seems a far better aim at keeping warm than staying still right now. Besides, Howlfire suggests catching prey while they’re at it, and if this weather gets any worse, they might need to catch all the prey they can right now. “ I'll join you! “ Greeneyes chirps, padding over to join them, before searching for @falconpaw! among the camp’s confines — he should take him too, should allow his apprentice to get a bit more training in, yeah? " That is, if you don't mind having more company? " A questioning tone caps off his words, and a tilt of the head from the snow-masked tom follows. ​
EpC61GT.png
  • 74596946_rY2pLJ2YZGmQ0CI.png
    GREENKITGREENPAWGREENEYES
    ── Lead Warrior of SkyClan

── Daisyflight x Raven Ramble
    ── AMAB; He/Him
    ── A red tabby and white tom with bright green eyes.
    ── Mentored by Sheepcurl; Currently mentoring Falconpaw
    ── "Speech"; Attack

tTgXX9m.jpeg

Springpaw has always been more fur than cat, a bundle of downy coated flesh and bones, and while sometimes she gets annoyed by the constant preening that she must do in order to maintain her plush coat, she can appreciate it in the weather that makes Pumpkinpaw huddle up into her side, can see the use for it in the way everyone else shivers around her while she remains warm. Not today though, today it is COLD like no other and no matter how much she tries to fluff herself up against the biting wind, she finds herself shivering.

That's why, when Circe offers up a walk in order to warm up, Springpaw shoots up immediately. "Ooooo! Me! Me me me me me!" she squeals, nearly jumping into the air to try and get the adults attention "Could I please please pleeeaaseee come with you? I promise to be good!" She would listen to every word they said and she turns her attention specifically to the queen she knew "Please Ms. Howlfire, pretty please with a mouse on top?" She always listened and did what she was told, surely the chocolate coated molly would know that out of all of them. She isn't overly familiar with Circe and Greeneyes but she knew the latter was a lead warrior so surely her mentor would have no complaints about her leaving camp if such responsible adults went with her, right?
  • WopM9br.jpeg

• 75005842_oJ0pLADrUXc7c6L.png
    SPRINGPAW SKYCLAN APPRENTICE ; SHE / HER ; SISTER TO PUMPKINPAW
    A small she-cat with fluffy black and white fur and bright blue eyes
    Easy in battle + has little to no formal battle training

WdwF4Si.png

YOU TELL ME THAT YOU NEED ME — The irritable squealing and noise that Springpaw was making is enough to make the tabbied tom wonder what was going on, he strides over lashing his feathery tail behind him and blinks noticing that it seemed like some of the warriors were getting ready to head out or planned to. The bicolored molly's practically begging for Howlfire to let her tag along and had he not had such an unpleasant run-in with rogues, he may have been just as eager to go out though he's fine with just staying in camp where it is safe. Springpaw must've been brainless not to realize that especially when he and his siblings were living proof of why young cats like them shouldn't go out into the territory with danger around every corner or perhaps... He's being a little paranoid. No... Springpaw has an acorn for a brain, of course, she doesn't care what happened to Hawkpaw and Wolfpaw cause it didn't happen to her. Blazingpaw thinks to himself unable to stop his plush tail from lashing to the sides in subtle anger at his own thought.

"Stop that, you know we can't go outside of camp." The fire pelted tom begins with a shake of his head towards the bicolored molly and flicks his tattered ear to remind her why if she even paid any attention to anything besides her dumb bugs. "I'm sure there's plenty of stuff to do around camp anyways," Blazingpaw says with a low huff.

Duge8wW.png

• 8JbI3pG.png
    longhaired red tabby tom with green eyes
    6 moons old; ages the 28th every month
    sexuality unknown; too young
    son of coyotecrest and howlfire
    brother to wolfpaw and hawkpaw
    currently being mentored by bobbie
    easy to befriend ; oftentimes quick to anger
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

STATUES AND EMPIRES✧°.☀ ————————————
Falconpaw was briefly amused by Blazingpaw and Springpaw, as he approached- it was as if he could see Greeneyes' vision through the apprentice den. Long, gangly limbs stretched, a far cry from what Falconpaw used to look at. He's nearly twelve moons now, a soft sigh at the thought curling white in the still-chilly air. "There is plenty of things to do around camp." Falconpaw mentioned as he passed the two younger for favor of standing beside his mentor.

His tail flicked, blue eyes turning back towards Blazingpaw with a tiny smile. "You two should work together. May be able to learn a bit." Falconpaw's tone was kind- easy-going, as it were. He didn't mean to imply anything to the younger. Eyes skipped back towards Greeneyes. "I'll join you as well." He volunteered before Greeneyes could ask, even though the question was always silent and hovering. Lately it had been nothing but training, which was fair. Falconpaw needed to be on his best game before his assessment. He couldn't bare to be held back while others moved on.

"SPEECH"
[penned by dallas - ]
———————————— ☀.°✧ ALL AT YOUR PAWS

𓆝 . ° ✦ Circe, who'd been trying to get to know more clan cats, was baffled. She... had totally been over thinking things. Duskpool was right. The second she finished talking to Howlfire, nerves still sparking from the anxiety of her joke, more and more cats came to join her. First Greeneyes, whom she'd talked to breifly maybe once, then the apprentices that joined her in the journey of becoming a warrior. Though she didn't know any of them by name, she had seen then around camp enough to know that they were kind cats.
Smile small, but never faltering Circe stepped into the cold with no hesitation. "You're more then welcome to tag along if your mentor says you can. The more the merrier, honest- you can't go out of camp?" Blazingpaw's comment caught the molly of gaurd. Her brow furrowed in confusion, glancing at Blazingpaw, then at Falconpaw. "Why not?"
The second the words left her mouth, the molly pulled her lips tight together. Oh I hope that wasn't rude. Despite the anxiety rising in her chest, she couldn't help but be intreged in whatever gossip was - perhaps maybe hopefully - to follow.
 ° .  . ° 
  • ooc:

No sooner had Howlfire offered, Greeneyes also approached asking to join. Howlfire didn't see the issue personally and flashed the tom a smile, certain he and his apprentice would be good company for the walk with Circe. She is about to suggest they leave when she spots Springpaw approaching, listening as the apprentice begs to come with them. She's a sweet thing, and if not for the rule her father had put down, Howlfire might have said yes. Before she gets the chance to respond, Blazingpaw reminded her that they couldn't leave.

"Why don't the two of you watch camp for us whilst we're gone?" She suggests, nodding at Falconpaw's suggestion that the two of them work together. "Whoever spots us returning first I'll give you a reward." As to what reward she could not say. It would most likely be a larger piece of prey, but she could put some more effort in and find a nice trinket to make either of their nests look nice. Circe then asks why they couldn't come and Howlfire shakes her head. "It's not so much that they need approval from their mentors, it's more to do with the rule Blazestar put in place," Howlfire explained. "Even though they were apprenticed before the new addition to the warrior code, Blazestar wanted all those apprentices younger than four moons to have reduced duties and restricted to camp to prevent any further accidents from occurring."