private They Close Their Eyes So They Can Breathe | Willowroot

Irritation and embarrassment burns within his chest. The boy scowls, whips his tail back and forth. At least he is alive, he thinks. At least he's safe at home again. Nettlekit could at least show a sliver of gratitude, could he not? He'd be heron food otherwise. Still, he knows his clan-mates will look down on him even further for this mishap. He knows they will peer at him and think helpless. The youth would have to work twice as hard to prove them all wrong, and that was if Cicadastar even allowed him to become an apprentice next moon at all.

"Thanks for looking for me." The boy finally speaks within the confines of the clearing, though his vocals are dry. He licks at his muddied fur, doing his best to groom the tangled mess his adventures had left him in. "I didn't mean to leave camp."

@willowroot

• ooc : — ​

• download20230902223302.png

nettlekit . nettlepaw . nettle?

— kit of riverclan
    — tom, he/him; unknown sexuality
    — two moons; ages realistically
    — born blind in both eyes
    npc x npc, sibling to ???
    spacer

spacer
    large in size, his paws are, perhaps, a bit too big for his sleek form. creamy fur coats his frame, marred by muddy hued stripes and milky eyes of leafy green. white splashes the tip of his tail, and each paw seems dipped in cotton.
    ↳ lynx mink with low white & green eyes
    spacer

spacer
    ( + ) intelligent, determined ( / ) ambitious ( - ) callous, manipulative
    — will start fights | will end fights | will flee | will not show mercy
    — peaceful powerplay permitted
    spacer

( ) she can sense the displeasure flowing off of the pale tabby in waves as she enters camp alongside him, guiding him gently with her tail. his own tail jitters, voice dry as he finally speaks. willowroot listens, eyes kind. "of course, love. it's no problem at all," she'll attempt to swipe her tongue across the boy's head, aiding him in his grooming efforts if he'll allow it. "it wasn't your fault. camp is confusing, and you got lost, that's all, nettlekit. no cat blames you." she loathes to think of what might have happened had the heron gotten its way. still, no harm done, even if cicadastar might not see it the same. willowroot will try to explain the best she can if her leader comes in search. "if you'd known me when i was your age, you'd laugh, i think. stars, i got lost all the time! i wouldn't have been able to keep track of my tail if it wasn't attached to my body. every cat makes mistakes," she'll chuckle lightly, hoping to cheer him up even a bit.

"you're worried about something, kiddo. what's eating at you?" she does her best to clean the rest of the mud off of nettlekit's pelt, drying him off and trying to warm the little body. "you know i'll do my best to help you with whatever it is."

The boy flicks an ear as they aid Nettlekit with his grooming, none too happy about the baby-ing, but accepting it regardless. No-cat blames you, she states. Lichentail had seemed pretty annoyed. The kitten huffs his disbelief, though he doesn't vocally object to Willowroot's comforting words. They go on to recall their own past as a youth, but Nettlekit can't help but realize that the situation was different, in his case. At least the mud tangling his fur is finally starting to come free, and he does feel more comfortable. Willowroot meant well, he thinks. He's just in a foul mood, and any cat could see it easily enough.

"What if Cicadastar doesn't let me become an apprentice?" He questions with a deep scowl, "I can learn to hunt just like every other cat. I can learn to fight, too." Nettlekit reasons. He'd always struggle, but he could still figure something out, even if he had to settle for catching mice for the rest of his life.

• ooc : — ​

• download20230902223302.png

nettlekit . nettlepaw . nettle?

— kit of riverclan
    — tom, he/him; unknown sexuality
    — two moons; ages realistically
    — born blind in both eyes
    npc x npc, sibling to ???
    spacer

spacer
    large in size, his paws are, perhaps, a bit too big for his sleek form. creamy fur coats his frame, marred by muddy hued stripes and milky eyes of leafy green. white splashes the tip of his tail, and each paw seems dipped in cotton.
    ↳ lynx mink with low white & green eyes
    spacer

spacer
    ( + ) intelligent, determined ( / ) ambitious ( - ) callous, manipulative
    — will start fights | will end fights | will flee | will not show mercy
    — peaceful powerplay permitted
    spacer