private they'll see us // redflower

To prey on the weakness of a Clanmate is to do what he has commanded others to do. They've instilled trust in his ideals, his promises that the problems aren't them, but instead their monarchy, the council, the thin blood that spills in their camp. But for him to find the soft spots in those who've decided to follow him, to peel them open with gnarled claws and utilize them for his betterment... well, he almost feels sorry.

"Redflower?" He sounds no different. He is a warrior, checking in on an old friend. The fiasco with Roeflame had become talk of the camp - for a short bit, before new drama spiked up of course - and he picks at it with a careful, neutral tone. Caring, even. "I heard what happened with Roeflame... You shouldn't let it get to you, I think," Skyclaw steps closer to her, sequestered to a side of camp where they may be seen but not interrupted. His tail twitches, gracing her flank briefly. "She's been den-bound for the better part of six moons, now. My brother chose a strong-minded mate, no doubt, but even he won't deny that she hasn't any clue how to conduct herself as a lead now. She's better fit as a queen, don't you think?" He sits beside her, rolls his shoulders back, and finally lets his gaze wander.

"It shouldn't matter anyhow. You weren't... what was it, picking on kits? StarClan, when we were their age, we were already hunting for our own meals...! We were fighting for our borders, too. Kittens these days are too soft -" a pause, and his voice lowers, "Especially the kittypet ones." And he leaves it to that, a long breath taken between his two statements.​

Though the drama had settled relatively quickly, Redflower's pelt still burns with anger when she thinks about her confrontation with Roeflame. The lead warrior had embarrassed her in front of the entire Clan, and for what? The pitiful feelings of a kittypet kit, after she'd gone out of her way to supervise his play fights and try to make him tougher? The plump little rat had been getting pummeled by Nightbird's lamest kit! Her scowl settles on her tortoiseshell features and does not dissipate until Skyclaw approaches her.

It's like the sun has shifted from behind a cloud. Redflower perks up, her ears flicking forward. Golden eyes gleam with respect — with respect, and with something more. "Thank you for saying that," she mews, dipping her head. "I agree with you. Too many moons in the nursery makes cats soft-hearted." She blinks, pretending not to notice the way his tail grazes her flank, pretends not to notice the pleasant burn it leaves in its place.

"StarClan help us if kits like that are to be the ones providing for this Clan. You should have seen him scrapping with Nightbird's kit. It was pathetic." Her lips twist. "I just wanted to help improve things, but... maybe there's no helping kittypets after all." Roeflame just helped prove that, didn't she?

• ooc:
  • Redkit . Redpaw . Redflower, she/her w/ feminine terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 14 moons old, ages realistically on the 15th.
    — mentored by NPC ; mentoring n/a ; previously mentored n/a
    — thunderclan warrior. npc x npc, gen 1.
    — currently mated to n/a.
    — penned by Marquette.

lh tortoiseshell with low white and pale yellow eyes. bright, spiteful, impressionable.

Their dance is nothing short of silent and inconspicuous. Skyclaw watches the bustle of the camp before them, his eyes lingering on those of kittypet descent, burning with ire before falling on cats that he knows are trustworthy. The rest fall to middle grounds, where they will understand one day, surely. He cannot rush all good things, after all - but he can cultivate this one.

"I doubt Howlingstar will reprimand her for her short thinking," he murmurs offhandedly. "I doubt much will happen with that council of hers. Soft bellied, each of them..." Skyclaw frowns slightly. His uncle and brother are of his grandmother's council, and yet he does not dedicate a single thought to parse them from the rest. They're complacent with the mess, too.

"Which one? The one that can't see, or the one without a leg?" Skyclaw quirked a brow, leaning down to rest in beside the mottled she-cat. Regardless, "There really is no saving them. The kittens can't be trained into warriors, warriors can't be untrained from old habits. They're each lost causes, I'm not sure when Howlingstar became so fond of them..." He knows when. It burns in his veins, to think of her mother with the kittypet king himself - of his grandmother hiding the secret for the sake of them rather than thinking of how it would terribly hurt her grandchildren. He grits his teeth and tries to press on.

"ThunderClan has a bright future with you here, however," he hums. His tail twitches, again, as he invites her to recline beside him. "Some of the other kits will be apprenticed soon. Any catch your eye yet?"