things to be | iciclefang

A successful hunt down river allowed her patrol to return with a bountiful prey thanks to new leaf's warmer weather. If prey was easier to come by now she could only imagine once green leaf emerged. Prey would practically leap into their jaws she thought with a lofty flick of her bottle brush tail. Hanging limp from bicolored jaws was a good sized trout meant for one of the nurseries newest residences. Lowering her head Sablemist's blue eyes peered about the milk scented den before spotting Iciclefang amongst the other queens. A tender smile spreads across her lips, warped by the fish in tow, but shining nonetheless as she placed the catch at the lead's paws.

"Hello Iciclefang." She Bobbed her head once in a small bow of respect before taking a seat in front of the mother to be. "I'm sorry I didn't say it sooner, but congratulations on your upcoming litter." Sablemist trilled, her smile lifting the corners of her eyes. "Have you thought of any potential names yet? I-if you don't mind me asking." She added the ending portion of her comment rather hastily, wishing to respect the molly's privacy if need be. (@iciclefang)

≖≖ riverclan warrior / seventeen moons old / she/her ≖≖

Iciclefang is mid-grooming session when a white-streaked shadow darkens the entrance of the nursery with her presence. She lifts her head from where it had strained against her baby bump, doing her damndest to clean the fur there, as the smell of trout wreaths throughout the nursery. Her mouth waters, and she sits up, blue eyes shining with delight. “That for me? Nice catch," she murmurs, licking her lips. Sablemist places it at her paws, and she bends to snap up a tender mouthful; she closes her eyes to savor the tang of the river on her tongue.

Sablemist makes small talk, which Iciclefang can't begrudge her for. After all, she'd brought her the best-tasting piece of fish she'd had since she'd moved into the nursery. “Thank you," she says, flicking an ear sideways at Sablemist's mew of congratulations. She asks about names, and the tortoiseshell queen shrugs. “I'll have to see them first before I can name them." She runs her tongue around her jaws, catching bits of scale that had landed in the silvery web of her whiskers.

Blue eyes narrow slightly. Trout. That's Ferngill's favorite, too... she remembers the way her brother had squeezed into the small space beside Sablemist while they were sunning themselves. Was this, too, a coincidence? Iciclefang pauses before she takes another polite bite of fish, chews, and swallows. “So, did Ferngill take you fishing?" Her tone is innocent enough.

• ooc:
  • image0.jpg
  • Iciclekit . Iciclepaw . Iciclefang, she/her w/ feminine terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 21 moons old, ages realistically on the 17th.
    — mentored by Smokestar ; mentoring Cicadapaw ; previously mentored n/a
    — riverclan lead warrior & queen. mudpelt x icesparkle, gen 2.
    — former mate to Stormywing ; current mate to no one.
    — penned by Marquette.

sh tortoiseshell and white she-cat with ice-blue eyes. confident, capable, proud, dry, conceited, condescending, distrustful.

• Love
Reactions: waluigipinball

The ivory streaked molly watched as Iciclefang certainly wasted no time leaning in to take a bite of fresh fish. Savoring it like she hadn't had a good meal in months. Perhaps this is what queens meant by cravings? Her whiskers twitch in silent amusement. "Thank you." She murmured in response to the tortoiseshell's compliment. Truthfully she was just glad to see her enjoying the meal. It made hunting for others more enjoyable. As a valid point is made about the naming of future kits Sablemist found herself humming in agreement. That was true. What better way to ensure a good name than to wait until eyes are placed upon the kit in question? However, surely she must have at least had a small lineup? A list of names to honor maybe family or friends?

She was about to inquire until Iciclefang innocently brought up Ferngill. Though subtle, her body tensed at the mention of the ginger hued tom. Ears growing warm as her mind's eye flashed a quick image of his sunshine smile and kind green eye. Dragging her back to a secluded moment spent alone as he wove a collection of flowers through her fur. And now? Now her heart began to flutter within its ivory cage at the very memory of it. "A-ah yeah we walked there together and he showed me a pretty good spot." She finally states softly after a moment spent far too long in hesitation. "He also found these really nice flowers for me." She added, feeling a slightly brighter smile spread across her lips. Glancing down she admired one of the blossoms poking out from her fur before looking back up.

• Love
Sablemist’s voice flutters like the gossamer wings of a butterfly in flight at the mention of Ferngill. So he had taken the black-and-white warrior fishing… Iciclefang’s lips quirk with something that is both amusement and affection. She hadn’t initially noticed the brilliant, fragrant blossoms protruding from the she-cat’s fur, but there’s something so tender about the thought—Ferngill’s delicate, deft paws weaving sapphire through Sablemist’s pelt, the looks that must have flashed between them, the undercurrent of something like the river itself.

She knows that undercurrent too well. Remembers the thrill of a tail twining with hers in the darkness, the way her paws had flamed, the way her belly and chest had burned. She aches for Stormywing in a way she hadn’t in at least a few days, but she cannot begrudge Sablemist her newfound happiness. If anything, she reasons, Ferngill deserves something so pure, like the clearest waters from the riverbed.

Ferngill is so thoughtful, isn’t he?” Iciclefang knows how thoughtful he is, better than most… and Sablemist is a fine young she-cat, a good and respectable RiverClan warrior. Something like approval shifts in the tortoiseshell queen’s blue eyes. “The flowers suit you. They’re lovely,” she murmurs.

• ooc:
  • image0.jpg
    — penned by Marquette.

sh tortoiseshell and white she-cat with ice-blue eyes. confident, capable, proud, dry, conceited, condescending, distrustful.

• Love

"Ferngill is so thoughtful, isn't he?" That, he certainly was. She couldn't recall a time the sunset stricken tom was not there by her side whether she needed him to be or not. He was forever watchful, careful, and gentle. Glancing back down at the arrangement of flowers scattered throughout her domino pelt she nodded her head. "Yes, he really is." She murmured, caressing a delicate petal. "I'm lucky to have him as a friend." Because after everything that happened they were still friends, right? There was a small twisting of her stomach that dreaded the rare possibility of their friendship diminishing. But there was another side, something selfish, that desired more than just friendship.

A twining of tails after a moonlit swim. An afternoon spent cuddled together huddled away from the prying eyes of their clanmates. Another breath and she is pulled back to Iciclefang's closing statement. A polite smile dresses her features and she nods. "Thank you," Placing her paw upon the ground again she continued. "I hope they last a long time, I want to be able to enjoy them for at least a few more days." She chuckled.

“I’m lucky to have him as a friend,” Sablemist mews, and Iciclefang’s smile twitches. “He’s a good friend.” She can sense something in the way Sablemist breathes, like a yearning has bloomed inside of the skunk-pelted she-cat, and Iciclefang only recognizes the look swimming in her steady gaze because she has been mired in it many times herself. Her gaze drifts to the petals laced in her fur, azure blossoms that bring out the clarity of her blue eyes.

Perhaps the next gift he gives you will be a little more permanent,” she murmurs. Against her better judgment, a paw drifts to the mating stone tucked into the corner of her nest, out-of-sight, smooth and sturdy, not likely to wither away and be forgotten. “But in the meantime, you could dry the petals, perhaps. I’ve seen other cats do it before.” She shrugs. “They may last a little longer if you do.

• ooc:
  • image0.jpg
    — penned by Marquette.