private THINK YOU CAN STOP WHAT WE DO;; robinheart

When everything was said and done and the dog had been chased out of camp Moonbeam had quickly gathered herself once more to rush out of the nursery to grab dandelion leaves before moving back. Both Robinheart and Rivuletkit had been moved successfully to the medicine den and hopefully after chewing on the dandelion leaves Robinheart was no longer feeling the pain of her now crooked and misshapen leg - or at least wasn't feeling most of it.

She bounced between mother and daughter, making sure there was as little bleeding as possible for Robinheart and changing out dressings of cobwebs and marigold as often as she needed to before moving back to Rivuletkit as she did the same for the younger member of the clan. If she was being honest she was avoiding the broken leg, doing what she could do as less and less needed her attention and before she knew it the kitten was finished, ear and leg covered in cobwebs and marigold while Robinheart matched with her own puncture wounds covered in cobweb and marigold. All that was left was the now malformed leg, bent at odd angles that hurt the queen to touch and ears would pin to the medicine cat's head as she simply stared, looking towards the leg for a moment before she swallowed the lump that rose to her throat and looked over towards the queen - her friend - as stony face that often showed on the medicine cat's features as she worked melted away and turned to slight fear. "Your leg... it's broken Robinheart." It was spoken quietly in the silence of the den, tail anxiously tapping the ground behind her, "I know - I know it can be healed but, but I don't know how." Shame.

• --
  • 76563872_jZr368yA5Er3eOs.png
    MEDICINE CAT;
    FLESH WOUNDS
    ꕥꕥ INFECTIONS
    ACHES & PAINS
    ꕥꕥꕥ ILLNESS
    ꕥꕥꕥ BREATHING ISSUES
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ TRAVELING HERBS
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ BROKEN BONES
    ꕥꕥ KITTING
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ POISONS
  • 76807578_J7HAFb99CicY51c.png
    SH white masking cinnamon torbie w/orange eyes & small ears
    speaks softly & often found humming
    12 moons old; ages the 17th every month
    homosexual homoromantic ; interested in beepaw & redacted
    currently mentoring none
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    easy in combat unless in water, focuses on defensive tactics
    peaceful powerplay allowed

They’re safe…

Repeated over and over in her mind, louder and louder and louder to drown out the shrieking agony reverberating through her broken and bleeding body as she was finally settled in the medicine den. Her kits were safe. Redkit and Algaekit tended to by the queens of the nursery. Rivuletkit held protectively between her front paws, shuttering breath reminding the young child to stay still - to rest - as to not disturb the marigold and cobwebs Moonbeam carefully placed. Guilt gnaws gnarled teeth at her mind over knocking her daughter aside so roughly that she sustained injuries.

She had noticed the order in which the medicine cat worked. The glances toward awkwardly angled limb that Robinheart herself didn’t dare look at. The dandelion leaves she chewed had helped dull the pain but to look and see the damage may bring it back tenfold. The mottled queen winces while merely breathing, let alone subtle shift or gentle touch inciting a pained whimper. Robinheart has endured agony before, laboring long and hard to bring her kits into the world, but in that case she had a finish line. A moment where crescendoing pain crashed and disappeared.

That did not seem to be the case now.

Your leg... it's broken Robinheart.’
“Broken…” Robinheart repeats in hushed rasp, citrine eyes lifting from Rivuletkit and gazing upon the shift in expression upon the medicine cat - her friend’s - face. Moonbeam’s features gave away the fear borne of the situation before she even spoke a word.

‘I know - I know it can be healed but, but I don't know how.’

She swallows hard, brow furrowed and wince painted across flecked face. “What are you going to do? What can be done?” Robinheart asks as she looks to Moonbeam, fear creeping into her heart like frost atop dewy meadow. Her mind shifts to her kits once more. Two waiting for her in the nursery. One nestled against her chest. “… They need me, Moonbeam. Please… they need me… all of me.”
[ penned by kerms ]

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚. If they could, Moonbeam's ears would pin closer to her head as she watched the realization swirl within Robinheart's mind, as pain crosses her face for just a moment before words leave her and asks what she was going to do. "Anything I can I promise." It was the simple answer she'd give to the speckled queen. A quick exhale of air left her nostrils as she turned to look towards the wound once more, thoughts swirling within her head of all that she knew, all that she had learned in her time as the healer of her clan before eyes would glance over to Robinheart once more as she spoke again.

"I... I know." It was quiet, had it not been for the silence that shroud them within the medicine den it was likely that the words wouldn't have been able to be heard at all. A moment of silence stretched between the two as she tried to think of what the other medicine cats would do in this situation, what Ravensong would have done and it all came to a blank. She was not the other medicine cats, she was not Ravensong, and no training or longing for her mentor back would make these true. "I'm going to make sure you get healed, make sure you're there for your kits working alongside them when they're apprenticed and then become warriors I promise you that." She was determined to make this happen, she just had to figure out how. Her kittens did not need to be orphaned twice over before they could even properly speak.

76807578_J7HAFb99CicY51c.png

• --
  • flesh wounds
    ꕥꕥ infections
    aches & pains
    ꕥꕥꕥ illness
    ꕥꕥꕥ breathing
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ traveling
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ broken bones
    kitting
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ poisons
  • SH white masking cinnamon torbie w/orange eyes & small ears
    13 moons old; ages the 17th every month
    homosexual homoromantic ; interested in beepaw & redacted
    currently mentoring none
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    easy in combat unless in water, focuses on defensive tactics

‘Anything I can I promise.’

Moonbeam is resolute in her words despite the uncertainty emanating from pale form. That does not deter Robinheart in the slightest, her agony imbued gaze locked on her should be savior. Moonbeam had never lied, never been dishonest or a quitter. The medicine cat would do anything in her power to heal the queen’s broken leg - to mend the bones and secure a future for the splintered family.

She promises to give Robinheart her life back, to tear it away from blood stained hound teeth that threatened to claim it. For the chance to raise her kits, watch them grow into the RiverClanners she always wanted to be - to be strong RiverClanners like their mother had been. You’ll have to wait a bit longer for me, Brookstorm. I cannot leave yet.

“Thank you Moonbeam. I t-trust your promise to be true,” the queen whispers, gritting her teeth a moment as a wave of pain ripples through her. I cannot leave yet, she repeats in her mind, powering through the discomfort and resting her chin back on the edge of the nest once the worst of it has come and gone.
[ penned by kerms ]