pafp Thinking we're justifying immoral men ƚƚ Camp gossip

Houndshade

Lowering your expectations
May 26, 2024
YOU THINK THAT YOU'RE THE MAN

ThunderClan had been rather exciting lately, rife with turmoil and tension but yet it was exciting all the same. Maybe Houndpaw felt that way because it wasn't her that was at the brunt of this, she didn't share these views on their clanmates. Kittypet or not she didn't care as long as there was less work for her to do, yet she's not truly aware of her position that being clanborn gives her, to just be able to think of all this as exciting. Being a socialite took priority here to her, feeling like it would be only right to see what her clanmates were thinking. If their thoughts would be so freely given anyways after what happened to Darkthistle, Ravenstrike and Redflower.

Thrush clamped between her jaws she set her sights out on someone who she hadn't heard yet. Gaze landing on Badgerstripe quite easily, the warrior had started popping up to be more social again and yet pointedly seemed to avoid a lot of the topics surrounding the current climate of ThunderClan. Their current theory was that it made her uncomfortable, maybe it made her think of what past clan mates had said about her given the tragedy that was the night she had received her warrior name.

That was not something that the chocolate smoke was eager to bring up, settling down next to the warrior as she began to pluck the feathers from her prey. “Wanna share this with me?” it was simple, a friendly gesture in the hopes to open the door to conversation. There was a moment before the apprentice spoke again, busy diligently trying to not be given a mouthful of feathers when she took a bite. It was just awful having that stick to her tongue, blegh.

“Have you heard about what's been going on around camp lately?” The start of the conversation was easy enough and the trickle of gossip flowed from it. “It seems like everyone is needing to take a stance on our clanmates these days, picking on kits and threatening clanmates? Plus with the spar that went out of line with Roaringpaw and Wrathpaw? Do you think they're linked?” She chats without much care, occasionally glancing at Badgerstripe with interest. Her attention mostly caught on the prey between their paws.

“To be exiled too, surely you heard about that right? Kinda hard to miss it, I'd say I feel sorry for them but I don't. Really it's not that hard to respect others” Or at least keep it to yourself if you don't, she wasn't always the most respectful but it didn't come from a place as ugly as it seemed to be for those three. With a shrug she slides the thrush over to her companion for the time being “you can take the first bite only if you share what you think about all of this” They grin as they tilt their head at her curiously, the usual addition of I'm just an apprentice, what do I know? On their tongue. They realise that pretty soon they won't get to use that excuse anymore though so she opts to try and phase it out now.

{ Please wait for @badgerstripe || If anything else major happens in the confrontation thread after this post Houndpaw will just have forgotten to mention it at the time haha }

I THINK, THEREFORE, I AM