private THIS SLOW LIFE, IM WAITING FOR YOU [ ✦ ] applepaw

Halfkit had soooo many siblings! She likes Birdkit and Tanglekit the most but Garlicpaw was nice too. Applepaw Swanpaw and Ashenpaw were a mystery to her though. They seemed to quite in her presence and she does not fail to notice the look in their eyes whenever they look in her direction, or at least Ashenpaw and Applepaw did. Swanpaw was too sick to take any notice of her or her siblings other than in brief murmurings.

Still, Halfkit is nothing if not a determined creature. She would make Applepaw and Ashenpaw like her, and Swanpaw too when he was better! With Ashenpaw she already had a plan, but with Applepaw she was uncertain. Her sister didn’t seem as upset with her as her brother but she also didn’t seem to be too interested in being a big sister. Halfkit would love to be a big sister, she thinks. If she had siblings who were younger than her they would probably think she was the coolest ever and listen to her every word. She could order them to play clan and she could be the leader every time. If her and Applepaw and all the others played clan even just once she would let Applepaw play leader she thinks. Anything to just get her to notice her.

"APPLEPAAAWWW!" she calls out from across the camp when she sees that familiar mottled pelt. She comes bounding from the direction of the nursery, straight to her sister. "Applepaw! Applepaw! Will you please please pleeeaaase tell me about our father? About Smogmaw?" she knew he had left on some big heroic journey but past that and the fact that he was the clans deputy she had no idea what he was like and she was hoping that the pleading face that she was making would convince her older sister to tell her. And maybe after she told her all about their dad Applepaw would remember that she was their big sister and would play with her and maybe even Birdkit and Tanglekit could join.

• ooc :@APPLEPAW

• 71463519_wfdQr8qW6maoeay.png

➵ she / her
    ➵ shadowclan kit
    ➵ single
    ➵ sexuality undecided
    ➵ a long legged she cat with long blue tabby, cream tabby, and white fur and mismatched blue eyes
    ➵ toyhouse

Last edited:
The cry of her name is like claws scoring themselves right across her ears, with how it captures her suddenly. Applepaw never hung around her ill - named sister — or any of her littermates for that matter, if she could help it. For the most part, it was simple enough while the three of them were trapped in the nursery, but of course that would only last a moon or so. It's bad timing, really, that Halfkit is able to seize Applepaw when she really has nothing to do in particular. There was no impatient, looming gaze of Granitepelt that she could use as an excuse. She was not meant to patrol until dusk, leaving sunhigh as a prime time for Halfkit to bother her.

Applepaw would not give her a mean look, but she wouldn't really give her a kind one, either. Her face is perfectly meh, which she thought was pretty good, considering how much worse it could've been. " Will you please please pleeeaaase tell me about our father? About Smogmaw? " she asks. It catches Applepaw off guard for some reason, even though it was a perfectly okay question, as far as annoying topics kits could grill her on goes. Applepaw acquiesces with a nod. " Alright. " It was better she told her first and foremost, so she got the right idea.

Applepaw seats herself, tucking her tail around her paws in the way that Halfshade would. One of them ought to live up to her memory, and it should not be her killer. " I'm sure you've noticed how ShadowClan sucks. " She almost said right now, but she supposes Halfkit has only ever known extra - sucky ShadowClan for her entire life so far. " Well, it sucks less when Smogmaw is here. I'm sure you know he's the deputy, and... and he keeps things together. " Applepaw takes a breath, doing her best not to entertain the thought of what if he didn't return? " He knows everything about everyone. Nothing bothers him. He's smart. Strong... I'm nearly as big as him, " she adds with a hint of childish satisfaction. But maybe that was okay, while Halfkit was still so much smaller. " He'll make ShadowClan better, when he's leader. "

• ( I'M OBSESSED WITH THE MESS THAT'S AMERICA. ) APPLEPAW. kit of shadowclan. eldest sister to swanpaw, ashenpaw, and garlicpaw. ( + birdkit, halfkit & tanglekit )
    —— she / her; confused by the use of others.
    —— currently 6 moons old as of 9.27.23. ages every 17th.

longhaired blue torbie with a white chest, paws, and underbelly. A young cat you would describe as " bossy, " Applekit is quick to take charge of any situation she sees herself as the probable head of. A rule - follower to a T, and thinks herself better than the majority of her clan for this. Not ignorant enough to think herself above a warrior, but seeks to gain that status as quickly as possible. Intensely self - motivated to be the best in a mixture of blind, childish desire, and never wanting to be afraid of anything ever again.

• Love
Reactions: Jay and smogstar

Applekit is quick to acquiesce and Halfkit cannot help the delighted whoop that escapes from her jaws "YES!" she calls out "You're the BEST" quickly, before Applepaw can change her mind she settles in to listen, blue eyes round with excitement as she glances up at her older sister and prepares to listen.

Applepaw does not disappoint. The way she speaks about Smogmaw conjures an image in Halfkit's mind of a strong and handsome tom (for surely as beautiful as she has heard her mother was, her father had to be good looking too) The Smogmaw in her mind was brave and kind and he would come home and make everything better, according to her sister. Though she had no idea anything was broken with her clan in the first place. Applepaw says it sucks though, and she had been alive longer than she had so she should know right? "Wow" she says, her voice quiet for once as she soaks in all the information she had just been given. "He sounds so cool... I can't wait to meet him one day. Do you think he'll like me?" she thinks of Birdkit and Tanglekit too, but if she is honest they are only a wisp of thought. It was not important to her if he liked them too, after all. "Do you think that like when I become an apprentice he'll be my mentor? That would be so cool right? I'm going to be the best warrior EVER so of course I need the BEST MENTOR ever! Do you like your mentor? He's Starlinghearts mate but I dunno he seems kinda like always gloomy and stuff" the barrage of questions comes from her mouth like a flood and she is prattling on but this was all super important, in her mind.

It takes a lot for her not to wince at the excited hollering that follows. A trait that may have been endearing, were the circumstances of her birth more... favorable, only makes Applepaw's head throb. She has no idea where she got this energy from. The same place Garlicpaw had gotten it from, she supposes.

He sounds so cool, the kit remarks, and Applepaw would nod in somewhat - stilted agreement. I can't wait to meet him one day. Hopefully she would. Do you think he'll like me? With this question, Applepaw observes her with a blink. She certainly did not. Halfkit was entirely too loud and rambunctious. All that wrapped in visage of Halfshade that rivaled any of her litter's own, which she found utterly ironic, along with insulting. ...But, if she's honest: " I'm sure he will. " He still liked Garlicpaw, before she even had a frog to her name.

( And she supposes she still did, too. )

Halfkit... Is still full of questions, of course. Do you think that like when I become an apprentice he'll be my mentor? Insult to injury; she certainly hopes not. She would rather he continues to mentor that nobody than mentor Halfkit. How hard would she have to pray for Sharppaw to remain an apprentice for another two moons? Likely not very.

" Smogmaw already has an apprentice, " she tells her. Halfkit's asking so many questions that it's easy to ignore most of them, but she answers that one, if only so she might have the chance to see her disappointed the same way Applepaw had been some time ago. The rest of her questions, she ignores. That would be so cool right? Not really. I'm going to be the best warrior EVER so of course I need the BEST MENTOR ever! Applepaw blinks. It's aggravating, how their goals align. Do you like your mentor? ...Hm.

" He is a bit gloomy, but... " Applepaw trails off. Granitepelt unsettles her at times... but she think sperhaps, it is for the best. " Well, he's not Smogmaw, but he's... the next best " she tells her, so that even if Smogmaw was her mentor, Halfkit would always know she is not far behind. No, not in the slightest. " And he's training me to be the " best warrior ever. " Guess we'll have to compete. " Sibling banter, or something. It's more true than Halfkit knows.
EpC61GT.png

• 3nWNDUv.png

• ( CAUSE I FEEL LIKE I'M THE WORST, SO I ALWAYS ACT LIKE I'M THE BEST ) APPLEPAW. apprentice of shadowclan. eldest sister to swanpaw, ashenpaw, and garlicpaw. ( + birdkit, halfkit & tanglekit )
    —— currently 7 moons old as of 10.22.23. ages every 17th.

longhaired blue torbie with a white chest, paws, and underbelly. A young cat you would describe as " bossy, " Applekit is quick to take charge of any situation she sees herself as the probable head of. A rule - follower to a T, and thinks herself better than the majority of her clan for this. Not ignorant enough to think herself above a warrior, but seeks to gain that status as quickly as possible. Intensely self - motivated to be the best in a mixture of blind, childish desire, and never wanting to be afraid of anything ever again.

Applepaw's news is pretty fantastic. She is sure that Smogmaw will like her and isn't that what she wants more than anything else, to have even just one parent like everyone else, to be liked by said parent? She so desperately wishes to be like the other kits, to play at some semblance of normalcy and not have to explain to everyone that Miststep is in fact not her real mother. That Frostbite is not her father and that Starlingheart, as nice as she is, is not related to them by blood. Blood is a connection stronger than anything else, or so she had heard once. (though she is not entirely certain from who).

Smogmaw already has an apprentice Applepaw says and Halfkit feels herself deflating a tiny bit until a new idea takes hold in her mind and she perks right back up. "Huh.... then maybe Chilledstar or someone even cooler will just have to mentor me then!" and like that she isn't even phased by the idea that her father would not be her teacher because certainly he would make sure that someone equally as great would be her mentor instead. She was like totally super awesome after all and she deserved a totally super awesome mentor to teach her.

"We'll see about that Applesmell!" she teases light heartedly, reaching out with one frosted paw to playfully bat at her sisters face, though she cannot quite reach "One day I'm gunna be the greatest warrior who ever lived but it's okay because you can be the second greatest just like your mentor!" It was only right.

The reaction she anticipated does not come. Perhaps for a second, Halfkit looks disappointed, before perkingat the idea of being mentored by Chilledstar or something instead. If that's good enough for her, then whatever. " Maybe, " Applepaw blandly agrees. She had been skeptical of Granitepelt at first, but Applepaw finds herself instilling a bit of trust in him. In the end, she believes he would win the battle of the "better" mentor, even against the clan leader themselves.

We'll see about that Applesmell. The "insult" is a juvenile one, so much so that Applepaw finds herself huffing in amusement as Halfkit attempts to bat at her face, something other than stone - faced neutrality crossing her face for a short moment. It's an easy reminder that Halfkit is just that— a kit. One that doesn't know what she's talking about, and skips around seeing the world in black and white. For a moment, Applepaw wonders if she's being too hard on her.

But it's a little too close, what she says next. Second greatest, she chirps it as if they were both playing some game, and Halfkit planned to win. That's all that it was to her, though. She shouldn't fault Halfkit for not understanding; for not truly grasping how things were. The grimace Applepaw's face twists into is poorly concealed. Her ears pin against her skull. " We'll see who's best, " is murmured more frostily than it should've been. Applepaw takes a breath, winding herself back. " I need to go train, now. Maybe Garlicpaw will entertain you. "
EpC61GT.png

• 3nWNDUv.png

• ( CAUSE I FEEL LIKE I'M THE WORST, SO I ALWAYS ACT LIKE I'M THE BEST ) APPLEPAW. apprentice of shadowclan. eldest sister to swanpaw, ashenpaw, and garlicpaw. ( + birdkit, halfkit & tanglekit )
    —— currently 7 moons old as of 10.22.23. ages every 17th.