camp thomas o'malley | intro

FOXGECKER

Nov 11, 2022

Oh, how he feels well beyond his moons. His body creaking and groaning all because of a previous injury that hates him. But he supposss it can't be helped and he has to live with it. Still at his age he should be prime and ready but because of the cild upon the morning air he feels every pain and throb along his spine. The tom's tired expression is evident as it normally is and a soft yawn pulls from between his muzzle. Sharp teeth glitter like frosted daggers against the cold morning air before he sighs. No point in crying over trampled prey though. It's not going to go away and he is no elder. At least not for many moons yet. Besides he is only nearing his 60th moon. Just a few more to go. A pleased expression crosses his muzzle before he finally decides to get up from his nest, greet the world outside. With careful dark paws he makes his way forth with a light twitching of his muzzle. Warm blue eyes find others and he smiles just as warmly towards them.

A bit of morning prey will be nice and so he slips his way toward the pile before he winces. "Oh...ack..." A firm pop alights his spine and the pain flexes across his facial features. The cold is merciless today it seems and he slowly sits back on his haunches. Maybe just a small break and then he will get something to eat. Perhaps stretching will help and he huffs a little as hs shifts to the side, attempting to limber up his back. Though the throbbing pain is still present at least it becomes slightly managable.

Age had not settled her icy talons on him yet, though he had a silver hair here and there- he was in his prime. Though a life of a street stray was one where twenty moons was considered max, he had settled that life for a better one. Still healing in his own way, unseen wounds and a carefully mending moral compass.

The thorny black and white tom nibbles rapidly at the nicked skin and nettled edge fur along his forelimb. Perched like a hound on the cold ground, hard belly resting uneasily on a few pebbles as he groomed away a bit of dirt. Maw wrinkling in a snarl as he spits out bits, grey cold eyes wandering idly to the older warrior making his way toward the prey. Smiling so kindly to those around him until it’s washed with a grimace of pain. A jolt-worthy pop echoing from the scraggly man’s body. Agony becomes him, defeated pawsteps still. A cold man watches with a scowl before pulling himself up with a set of crackles from his own bones but his were young and they were the fireworks of muscle and battle-worn tendon.

The cold ached him, but he still had fire in his lungs. It’s time to share the warmth of the hearth. He sidles toward the prey pile, shoving the older pieces away and snapping his jaws around a mouse. A faint warmth in the small rodent he could feel on his tongue as he lurks toward Foxgecker. Dropping the small brown thing at the red feline’s paws as he stretches. " forgot to thaw, have you? " he jests, offering a smile lined with grime but friendly nonetheless. " you ought to see Dawnglare before snow falls." he comments with a cocked brow and hooded stare. Aiming to offer a paw to the shoulder for a short semi-massage, but with Thistleback’s callused paws it probably feels like sand grit. The thought that counts right?

Well, if it wasn’t the Grinch’s heart growing three sizes this day.

• — WELCOME! love the man already. poor hun

• — Thistleback | thirty-two moons | cis-male
    — daylight warrior of Skyclan | leaves rarely
    — bisexual | fallen for Deersong 9.29.22
    — mentoring Coyotepaw
    — very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes. Wears a purple collar with brass clasp.
  • bVBPWus.png

Boy... she didn't dare make the mistake, but sometimes it was difficult to not confuse Foxgekker for an elder! With the way he moved, and his body popped and cracked... Apprentices whispered he was like this because of some sort of accident, curious Figpaw wants to ask but- again, she knows better thanks to prior scolding.

Figpaw is glad that she's young... she imagines she has a longggg time before she has to worry about creaking bones and sore muscles!
"Um, maybe moving is the best medicine? Tallulahwing isn't here yet, I wanna impress her by being on the move already by the time she is! Take me out hunting?" Her mother's reluctance for the medicine cats practices has worn off on her, plus... Tallulahwing wasn't here and she sought to impress the daylight warrior.

55417772_ks6HUyroX73gwyT.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· FIGPAW, AMAB — she / her
╰ ‣ 5 moons .
╰ ‣ skyclan apprentice . believes in starclan, doesn't fully understand

╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, smells like pine nettles & sap, status — 100%
╰ ‣ A red tabby she-cat with orange eyes.

╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ENFP-A ❝
CAMPAIGNER❞ , Gryfindor, Lawful Good
╰ ‣ Excitable, generous, caring, quick-to-act, daft, naive
╰ ‣ finds relative ease relating to others . kind-hearted, will show mercy

╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· NPC X DAISYFLIGHT, sister to Greenpaw, Violetpaw, Snowpaw & Butterflypaw
╰ ‣ homosexual . mistakes admiration for romantic feelings
╰ ‣ poor fighter . okay hunter .
╰ ‣ unlikely to start fights . will flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.

"You give us old folk a bad name, Fox." Gentle mirth warms bottled-sky eyes as Grizzlyridge joins the growing group with his own breakfast. The night had called to him again, a long and solitary vigil– he has yet to sleep, though exhaustion hasn't hit him as strongly as it might have hit another. The darkness reminds him of the chase, the adrenaline. In moments such as that, what need did he have of rest? But like Foxgecker, aches and pains have started to blossom. Though his were due more to overwork than injury, he stretches until he grimaces in sympathy, worn muscles stretched to burning. It figures that Figpaw was not so affected. The joys of youth and all. He chuckles at her, and shakes his head softly as he dips it to chew. She's eager to abandon the ease of childhood. Weren't they all, at the time? Only old men say that they regret the speed of those passing days.

She certainly makes him feel old. "Some of us warriors need a slower start to our mornings, Figpaw." Another bite, just long enough for him to tilt his head back and forth in obvious consideration, rounded ears flicking. "Though it could do some good to get up and moving after breakfast. We should not stay idle for too long with leafbare approaching as it does."
border2.png

• floabie_by_tausune_dffvyqj_1.png
    ooc:
  • GRIZZLYRIDGE. world-weary warrior of skyclan.
    ──── uses he - him - his, may accept they - them - theirs.
    ──── about four years old.  a former pine group member.
    ──── homoromantic homosexual, but this may develop.

a large, broad-shouldered highlander cat with lightly tufted curled ears and large paws made larger by extra toes. a solid seal point with only a small white marking on his muzzle and deep blue eyes.
  • "speech"

The older tom shifts to try and stretch but his spine screams excuses for him not to. It's silly really but this injury is no friend of his and he feels it more and more. Bluebell eyes lift up and he sees Thistleback approaching with a mouse between his jaws. "Oh, you didn't have to do that, mon ami. But I do appreciate it all the same." His smile alights his scraggly muzzle as he looks at the mouse placed before him. He lightly boops it with his muzzle and its still warm instead of being bitten by fall's chill. Such a kind tom to think of him and a soft chuckle drops from his muzzle at his comment. "It seems I have. I didn't think it would be so cold so soon." He wiggles a little, feeling the tension in his back as the other rubs against his shoulder. It's nice to have others that care and even if it's rough against the skin it matters little to him.

Droopy ears try to perk up at the advice and he does nod. "Ouai, that sounds like the best idea. I don't want to be holding the clan back with less prey in the pile." That wouldn't do and it will definitely leave him feeling immensely guilty. He is no elder yet and he has work that must be done. Suddenly two becomes three and his gentle blues land upon Figpaw. The other seems rearing to go and he can't help the chuckle that leaves him. Yes, he can say that moving is the best medicine that he knows and he shifts a little. "Mignon, all ready to go and so early. How will I keep up!" There is amusement in his voice, the telling of laughter before his gaze shifts to Grizzlyridge and he does in face bubble with that laughter.

"Désolé, I'll be sure to try just a bit harder." He takes this moment to start eating then. Tucking into the mouse and chewing thoughtfully before he glances back up. Grizzly is right, it takes a moment for him to get going and sometimes he wishes it were not so. Yet he will deal with it the best way that he can. "Ah yes, with it getting cold we can't have idle paws. I don't mind taking you, Figpaw but perhaps we can all go together. I'm sure a little hunt will do me and perhaps all of us well."

( ) "Good Morning everyone." Deersong would mew softly as she walked up to the growing group. The deputy would dip her head in greeting to the warriors present, as well as smile warmly at Figpaw before stopping beside Thistleback.

"Taking Figpaw hunting? Wonderful idea." She would coo her approval, looking down at the pile and appearing thoughtful for the moment before looking back to those gathered, "Mind if I come with? I'd love nothing more than to watch Figpaw beat you all in bringing home the most prey."

A soft rumble of laughter would leave her throat as she tilted her head.

( LET YOU BREAK; MY HEART AGAIN )

Some of us old folk need a slower start to our morning, Figpaw.
"Surely it's not that bad!" She almost argues back, not maliciously but out of disbelief. Did getting older really slow you down this much? Yet Figpaw bites her tongue, not daring to question the older cats of the clan. She hardly has the nerve to speak against older apprentices, let alone expirenced warriors. Foxgekker proposes going hunting altogether, Figpaw doesn't mind the idea. She doesn't get out of camp much with warriors like Fox and Grizzly, it'd be nice to see what an outing like them is like!

Nothing on her features show it, but she's taken back by the new deputy's appearance at the scene. The girl would rather not hunt with her, not because of her herself but... she had a few demons in need of confronting with the whole "mom isn't deputy and someone now takes her place" situation. It came as a shock to the girl, and to say it still didn't rattle her several sunrises later would unfortunately be a lie.

Talk against a warrior she would not, talk against a deputy? No way. Figpaw continues to show no sign of her weariness, she just goes with the flow of what her superiors order and decide. "Will I be able to try and hunt in the trees with you guys? It's something I've been trying to start practicing!"

55417772_ks6HUyroX73gwyT.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· FIGPAW, AMAB — she / her
╰ ‣ 6 moons .
╰ ‣ skyclan apprentice . believes in starclan, doesn't fully understand

╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, smells like pine nettles & sap, status — 100%
╰ ‣ A red tabby she-cat with orange eyes.

╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ENFP-A ❝
CAMPAIGNER❞ , Gryfindor, Lawful Good
╰ ‣ Excitable, generous, caring, quick-to-act, daft, naive
╰ ‣ finds relative ease relating to others . kind-hearted, will show mercy

╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· NPC X DAISYFLIGHT, sister to Greenpaw, Violetpaw, Snowpaw & Butterflypaw
╰ ‣ IDK HER SEXUALITY I LIED . mistakes admiration for romantic feelings
╰ ‣ poor fighter . okay hunter .
╰ ‣ unlikely to start fights . will flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.