thorns of liar's chair / meet & greet

The lowlight of the afternoon is a beacon for the black spiked snake that slithers out of the nest Coyotecrest weaved for him in such short notice. Grey visionaries blearily soaking up the bustle of camp, the faces of familiars and the faces of strangers alike. Skyclan had always been a flame for the moth of adventure and hope when it came to those who once roamed the loner lands- or worse, the clutches of Windclan. Thistleback was naturally cold toward the likes of the unfamiliar when it came to his family, but time had mended a wound in that respect.

Bones crackling like pebbles under hard pads, muscles stretching under withered skin. A walking tale of battles and harsh winters lived, a maw pinched in a way forever burrowed as the lines of his white muzzle. He had gotten the chance to speak with Johnny alone, had gotten the chance to catch up to all he had missed. Of course, Peril strikes again. Another enemy that cannot be fought with tooth, claw, or battle strategy- he cannot help but clench his teeth bitterly as he thinks of Eve catching the illness.

It was still too much to process, days it would take and soon routine would become him once again. It was the news in the air of Howlfire expecting kits, and with Coyotecrest- his son. That which leaves him with a smile as he settles on the ground to recollect on the memories of a young Coyotekit. Not his blood but no less his son, who’s children shall just as freely call him grandpa should they wish it. His eyes comb through the pelts, hoping to find Coyotecrest back from patrol. Offering a nod of greeting to any who meet his gaze, and a tail twitch of welcome should they come to speak with him.

• — pats the dirt next to the ol' man // come have a chat ;.;

• MqZ0nzd.png

forty EVENT TRACKER | IMPORTANT INFO
    — Former Lead warrior of Skyclan 12.22.22 - 06.2023
    Devoted to Deersong 9.29.22
    Father of Coyotepaw, Eveningpaw, Briarpaw, Damsel, Sunflowerpaw, and Rosepaw.
    — mentoring none formerly Snowpath & Quillstrike
    — very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes.
    voice & accent
    biography・゚✧
    OPEN for Dice battles | 🎲 stine#3004
  • bVBPWus.png

Angry at all the things I can't change
It was a blessing and more to have Thistleback within the walls of skyclan once again. For so long he felt as if a piece of him was missing and now it was finally filled. "Thistleback," He calls softly, lowering his skull to briefly butt it against the rugged tom's shoulder. "How was your rest, did you sleep well?" Coyotecrest asked in the midst of taking a seat. "I can add more moss if you need it." A thick tail comes to lay over his paws as he turns his attention upon the piebald man with an appraising eye. While he truthfully wished to know how comfortable Thistleback was, there was another unspoken question gleaming within green eyes. "Where have you been?" He had missed so much and there was plenty he wished to tell him.
When you're lost in the universe don't lose faith

• Love
Reactions: ThistleBack

The black and white tom from the border was back in their camp now and adjusting to his return and Hazelbeam peeked from around a tree near the edge of the area to observe in quiet silence; not that she was very stealthy given she had not taken off her head yet and it loomed like a great pointed arrow above her head. Still, she didn't approach yet, just watched. He was pretty handsome, huh? Now that he wasn't lying on the dirt and battered that is. Though she supposed some might find that attractive in their own way too, some cats liked that disheveled and battle hardened look but she much prefered this clean and neat variant. Or as neat as that mess of fur of his could get. The guy looked like he was part porcupine, she wondered if he had quills anywhere.
When Coyotecrest approached she finally built up her own nerve to step out of hiding and amble over with a smile that was only a little wary but still mostly genuine, "Hey, you look better! I'm glad you weren't hurt too bad! Especially cause then you'd be stuck with Dawnglare longer..."
And was that not the worst thing ever?
Hazelbeam promptly joined the cream warrior in sitting too, a little bit aways so anyone closer to Thistleback could still sit next to him if they wanted; she was a stranger after all. "I'm Hazelbeam, are you a daylight warrior too?"

• Love
Reactions: ThistleBack
The arrival of the spectacle of his thought is pleasant, and a hoarse purr rolls out of his throat when Coyotecrest pushes his head to his shoulder. An undeniable churn of emotion rolls like flames in the chimney of his soul, a protective and proud sort of mixture. He snorts softly as his son offers to reinforce his nest, " make it any softer and you’ll spoil me child " he smiles, " as I hear it- you now have a more important nest to line " he refers with a glance to the nursery. Soon, Howlfire and he would spend most their time in there- raising their young ones. Thistleback’s heart ached in a way, for his own time spent raising the littles had been brief and interrupted by war and winter.

“ Where have you been? ”, Thistleback’s jowls flex, and he shakes his head. What a long story, he glances back at his son. " we’ve got much and more to talk about son, we should take a walk tonight " he promises in his own way, that’s he’d explain more.

He turns his chin to the molly approaching, there is a polite shift of his head and a resumed smile on his black lined lips as she speaks. Introducing herself as Hazelbeam, he recalls now she had been one of the strangers to greet him at the border.

" It’s a pleasure to meet you properly dear. Thistleback, as I’m sure you’ve heard by now " he chuckles hoarsely as she mentions Dawnglare, " As bizarre as it is, the lunatic was a sight for sore eyes. " he admits, ’are you a daylight warrior too? " I was when I first came here- back when this young lad was little. Though I just lived in a rubbish yard- I never had a twoleg " he suggests with a flick of his nose to Coyotecrest, unfolding his brief story and holding forth a returned pair of interested tattered ears

. " I at some season chose to not return to the twolegplace… afterall, I had a pregnant mate and Blazestar had named me a lead warrior. and of course with Windclan marching toward us there was simply no time to waltz back and forth " he explained. " What about you dear? " he offered to the slender black and blue chimera.

• MqZ0nzd.png

forty EVENT TRACKER | IMPORTANT INFO
    — Former Lead warrior of Skyclan 12.22.22 - 06.2023
    Devoted to Deersong 9.29.22
    Father of Coyotepaw, Eveningpaw, Briarpaw, Damsel, Sunflowerpaw, and Rosepaw.
    — mentoring none formerly Snowpath & Quillstrike
    — very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes.
    voice & accent
    biography・゚✧
    OPEN for Dice battles | 🎲 stine#3004
  • bVBPWus.png