private tides turn as bridges burn } hush

Jan 7, 2024
I'VE LEARNED LOVE IS LIKE A BRICK — Normally she wouldn't venture so far from Riverclan's borders. Wouldn't risk the dangers that lingered outside of them, whether those threats be rogues or twolegs or dogs with fangs that would rip through her flesh as easily as hers ripped through a fish. It simply wasn't worth the risk, not when Riverclan had plenty of territory to trek across and hunt in. Truthfully, she hadn't even intended to leave clan boundaries this time, too swept up in her pursuit of a pudgy rabbit to care about the blur of scents around her. She'd thought it would be an easy but wonderful catch, one that would feed at least a couple of mouths that needed it through the harsh chill of leafbare. That was why she had kept chasing it, even as it darted and bounced ahead of her, just out of reach.

It was only when she finally flung herself forward that her claws connected with it, digging in and holding the piece of prey in an iron grip as she rolled with it. Her teeth dug into its neck, ending its life and her relentless pursuit in one fell swoop. A breathless gasp of relief left her as she slowly pushed herself back up to her paws, looking down at her catch with a mixture of frustration and satisfaction. Satisfaction over the fact that she had gotten it, and frustration over how long it had taken. She was about to snatch it back up when she realized how unfamiliar her surroundings were, glancing around with an apprehensive frown. She had come out too far, the scents on the air wholly unfamiliar. Suddenly Swiftfire found herself more motivated than ever to return to Riverclan's territory, quickly picking up her rabbit and turning to return home - only to be stopped by the sound of frost being crushed beneath paws from nearby.

Immediately she tensed, slowly putting the rabbit down and turning, the fur along her spine raised as she searched for whoever was nearby. "Who... who's there? Show yourself! All I was doing was taking my catch home, I don't want any extra trouble. Alright?" The former colonist was sounding her best to sound frightening, teeth bared and claws out even though her confidence was faltering at best. She prayed whoever she had run into was alone, knowing she wouldn't fair well if she were to be outnumbered.

// @Hush

• 76635829_9N4qhCxavM25hPX.png
    shorthaired blue and red tabby chimera molly with green eyes
    38 moons old; ages the 1st every month
    bisexual; currently not looking
    daughter of lilou and germaine
    formerly of the ripple colony; loyal to riverclan
    easy to befriend; desperate to improve the former colonists' reputation
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed