till i see you again — flowercloud

DUSKPOOL

fate leads the willing and drags the unwilling
Feb 18, 2023
anger makes you stupid . stupid gets you killed .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
He stared at enormous paws, brows pinched with a conflicted expression for a sigh slipped out, shaking his helm. Better get it over with. He couldn’t help the flicker of uncertainty, but his paws remained sure, coming to a stop near Flowercloud with an array of emotions masked behind an air of indifference. “Hey, kid.” He settled on his haunches, tail curling around enormous paws to stare at the amber-hued feline with a narrowed optic.

He could remember fur just like that, but Duskpool hadn’t been the most fortunate individual to know about his biological family, not that he wanted to. With parents that seemed more determined to joke and sneer than to raise them. He blinked, shaking his helm. He hadn’t thought of them all that much since they gave him up to some Starclan-awful upwalkers and unceremonially dumped with other cats to play some baited game with dogs.

Duskpool grumbled, muffling a sigh with a cough, molten copper narrowing. “Ya remember your parents, kid?” He rumbled, blunt as ever. No point in sugarcoating it. Besides. If she gave some clue, then maybe he’d be able to put two and two together. Flowercloud looked awfully familiar, but he knew damn well he’d never met her in his entire life until he joined SkyClan. “Ya look a lot like someone I knew.” He never had much contact with the rest of his biological family, other than brief glances and a few words exchanged. Call me a fool, if ya want.

@flowercloud.
thought speech

She hadn't been called a kid in a long time. But there was no acknowledgement to the fact of being called one. She was young, she would agree on that, especially compared to the tom in front of her. Flowercloud lifted herself a bit, offering the tom a smile in greeting before he continued.

Oh. Her smile dropped a little, and was replaced with a nervous chuckle. She did not talk about herself. No, she was always one to just bottle up her own things, and help others. But this question, it was blunt and direct, and her tail flicked slightly as she searched the ground.

"A large molly..." She started, her green eyes closing, trying to remember. "With a soothing voice. Something about safer here, in the clans." A gulp, the pain in her heart tugging as she fought the urge to just shut the memories back out instead of opening up to... well, a stranger.

"I remember.. Someone told me I was wrapped in a soft blue blanket and stunk of other kittypets and twolegs." She shrugged, trying to pass off the conversation, but she was unsure it would work. Wow what a pretty... green grass. She sighed.

"Do you think you... know her or something? I... don't recall my father. It's been... many moons." her voice was hesitant, and pain showed in her eyes, that she wouldn't dare to meet his. She instead focused on the shifting of her paws uncomfortably into the ground beneath her.

anger makes you stupid . stupid gets you killed .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
The older male shifted, watching the other with a knowing optic. He knew how hard it was, to open up to a stranger. Hell. Duskpool still couldn’t. What did he expect from anyone else? His nose crinkled, torn ear flickering, listening to the molly. He rumbled, molten copper distant. Soothin’ voice, huh? He never had that growin’ up. Not that he needed it. He’d been doin’ fine on his own, takin’ care of his siblings with parents that wanted nothing to do with them.

He blinked several times, pulling himself out of his stupor to peer at Flowercloud, humming. He leveled his gaze, getting a good look at the molly, contemplating his next answer. A wooly tail flickered, letting out a throaty sigh. “I know talkin’ to a stranger is hard. Believe me.” He rumbled, shifting a heavy optic to the other, even if she refused, glancing down at her paws. “I’m the same damn way.” He cracked a bitter grin. “Doesn’t mean ya shouldn’t rely on someone when stuff like that gets hard.” Call me a hypocrite, if ya want. “Need to take my advice.” He snorted.

Do you think you … know her or something?

Duskpool shifted, expression deadpan, but thoughtful. “Maybe, kid.” He rumbled. “Hell if I know who your pops were, but—” His brow furrowed, molten copper crinkling with the motion. Damnit. He pressed a paw against the subtle throb between his eyebrows. “Does the name Amora ring any bells?” He rumbled, pulling away to stare at the other, helm cocked. “Can’t say I remember much, but she was a nice enough cat. I was a kid back then, younger than you by a good few moons before they shipped me off.” He began, expression thoughtful despite the monotone of his voice.
thought speech

his words burned, something she would have said in those same words as well. her green gaze looked up to him, and she'd take a breath, as if all of her existential dread was washed away. it wasn't, but for the moment, his words would help the long furred molly. "you're right. i let everyone open up to me. i just- not used to the reverse? does that make sense?" her voice was a bit calmer, and another breath escaped her.

she was a hypocrite to an extent, she'd be so focused on others sometimes, she'd forget about herself. but she still maintained a good health otherwise. she'd eat, unlike some, shed sleep, at least eight out of ten times. a lot of others didn't have that benefit. they'd be too nerve wracked, or feared nightmares, or simply too energetic. it happened, but she did try to help where she could be accepted to.

amora.

a voice, very faint, foggy. confrontational. it's safer for her. we have to go.

"yes... very... promising at least. minds can be swayed, but it's highly plausible." she blinked, her tail curling around her paws. "who shipped you off? what do you mean?"

altogether, she was confused. for moons shed wonder where she came from, why she had nobody when everyone else had somebody. why her mother would leave her. why she was so alone. sure, she wasn't the only one, but she hated that feeling. she could even say that being alone was like venom covered claws clenching her heart, threatening to kill her. to drag her away- an unsettled fear that washed over her. but right now, she had skyclan.