pafp time will change you | "spar"

Dovekit –

XIX. THE SUN
Sep 24, 2024
THEY'LL CARRY YOUR HEART IN THEIR TEETH
dovekit | 04 months | nonbinary transfem | they/them | physically easy | mentally easy | attack in bold #92bcf1
Two moons. Two moons until they were apprenticed, and then they'd be living the dream- or what they were pretty sure the dream would look like, anyways. They'd have the freedom they wanted, and they'd be able to get started on their path of becoming Riverclan's best warrior from the second they got their new name.

The worst part of it all was waiting. Dovekit had waited long enough, they were sure, and they weren't willing to wait any longer than they already had been forced to.

Which is why their eyes had narrowed on some poor, unsuspecting warrior the second she came through the entrance of the den. With all the grace of a rampaging bull- which was to say none- Dovekit made a beeline for Beefang with a puffed up tail directed toward anyone who tried to get in their way. "You!" They started, boldly, because....they couldn't actually remember her name. There were too many warriors to keep track of.

"Fight me." Their words come out as more a barked out demand than a request or even a question, and they don't bat an eye at the audience they're sure to have drawn in with the outrageousness of it. They just want the results, and nobody will stop them.

Not without a bite to the paw, anyway.

ooc: please wait for @BEEFANG to post first!

࿐ ࿔*:・゚ — Beefang had returned from a hunting patrol with a salmon dangling from her jaws and she pays no attention to anyone in particular as her snowy paws lead her to the freshkill pile to drop off her catch of the day. The last thing that she expected is for someone's kitten to head in her direction and demand for her to fight them, the black smoke turns to face Dovekit as tattered ear flicks to the side wondering what she could do to avoid the situation altogether. The kitten and the rest of their siblings seemed to be an odd bunch except Newtkit, they seemed pretty normal for kit standards or so she assumes. "You want me to fight you?" Beefang begins to say with an eyebrow raised though as she looks closer the two-toned kitten who didn't seem too far from graduating into an apprentice and she remembers that she'd been apprenticed at the age of three moons. "Alright, I will." She decides only to wonder why some of the kittens within the nursery had taken such an interest towards her when all she did was try avoiding them the best that she could aside from the few times that she brought them fish.

"But before I do, you must show me how you would avoid an attack." The young warrior states with a curt nod of her head as she keeps her lone eye focused onto Dovekit awaiting their answer to her own request, "And only then will I fight you." She says finally with a sweep of her feathery tail as she steps back to give them space to demonstate their best dodge or possibly complain that she wasn't fighting them, in truth, she doesn't care all that much what the bicolored kitten decides to do but there's a small sliver of interest in her fiery eye. This alone reminds her of how she had pestered Sablemist to show her how to dodge all those moons ago when she had been a mere kitten and how much she had practiced it until to present the move to Smokestar who had seemed impressed at the time. She thinks of Claythorn teaching her own kittens on hunting crouches and how they mimicked her movement, Beefang holds her breath for a moment then blinks at Dovekit once more.

A sigh slips from her jaws as she settles onto her haunches, Bee could easily spring back onto her legs once Dovekit did as she had told them and get into the necessary battle stance to start their little "fight".

5BB8hMy.png

• ooc
  • WARRIOR SKILLSET;
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧ HUNTING
    ✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧✧ TRACKING
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✧ COMBAT
    ✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧✧✧ STEALTH
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧ STRATEGY
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦ SWIMMING
    ✦✦✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ CLIMBING
  • dOcsURU.png
    a shorthaired black smoke molly w/low white and a singular amber eye
    oftentimes comes off as untrusting of those around her, closed off, and not the easiest to engage in conversation with, she's not easy to befriend. distrusting of outsiders and will snap at you if y/c walks up to her on her blind side. all her opinions are IC only.
    14 moons old; ages the 10th every month
    asexual homoromantic; mated to moonbeam
    currently mentoring... roepaw ; formerly mentored by smokestar
    firstborn daughter of cicadastar and smokestar
    sister of cicadaflight and loveburn
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

It brings Iciclefang joy to see the Clan's kits so energized, so ready to begin their apprenticeships. She lays near the space Beefang and Dovekit have claimed for their battleground, enjoying the leaf-fall sun on her marbled pelt. Her blue eyes are half-lidded; she focuses them with some interest on the little "spar" in question. Beefang agrees to a match with spunky Dovekit, but tells them before she will engage, they must show her a proper dodge.

"Dodging blows is more important than dealing them," she meows from where she lays, flicking her ears forward. She settles her serious blue gaze on the brawling kitten. "Avoiding your enemy's claws is how you ensure you live to fight another day."

• ooc:
  • DEuJTnr.jpg
  • Iciclekit . Iciclepaw . Iciclefang, she/her w/ feminine terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 28 moons old, ages realistically on the 17th.
    — mentored by Smokestar ; mentoring Pinepaw ; previously mentored Cicadaflight
    — riverclan lead warrior. mudpelt x icesparkle, gen 2.
    — former mate to Stormywing ; current mate to no one.
    — penned by Marquette.

sh tortoiseshell and white she-cat with ice-blue eyes. confident, capable, proud, dry, conceited, condescending, distrustful.

Hearing a bold, 'fight me' out of a tiny kitten's mouth, and Sunpaw can't help it. She's laughing, shoulders hunching as it catches her so off guard that her entire body moves with it. "Oh, that's too good," she wheezes moments later when she can catch her breath.

Sure, sure, the warriors are being serious about it and treating Dovekit like this fight is actually going to be worth something - and heck, maybe it is good practice? Sunpaw wouldn't know, she never was a kitten in RiverClan. Maybe this was normal for kittens, maybe it actually was beneficial, but the size difference alone that she sees makes her have to bite back another snort.

"Go on then, Dovekit. See if you can stay alive first."

THEY'LL CARRY YOUR HEART IN THEIR TEETH
dovekit | 04 months | nonbinary transfem | they/them | physically easy | mentally easy | attack in bold #92bcf1
As Beefang turns to face them, a part of Dovekit expects the warrior to deny them the chance for this spar. Her eyebrow is raised, and her tone seems almost disbelieving- which doesn't even make sense, if anyone asked Dovekit, because they were sure they could hold their own just as well as anyone else. "Is there a reason I shouldn't?" They start, defensive, before Beefang-

agrees.

It's with a catch, but she agrees, and that's more than what Dovekit had been expecting. They blink, attention shifting to Iciclefang as she speaks up, and they nod their head, preparing to dodge- until Sunpaw laughs at them. With a glare that they think could kill the apprentice, they straighten up, the defensiveness from before returning with a vengeance- perhaps more, now, with the fact that they're being laughed at. "I'll be fine. Worry about yourself."

Fur beginning to bristle at the idea that someone finds this funny, they try to shake their thoughts and focus on Beefang. "So- if you were to come at me straight on, I think I'd go-" and, with that opening, Dovekit throws themself into an awkward, kit-like understanding of a dodge. One that, unbeknownst to them, could very easily still put them in harm's way.

Last edited:
brindlekit was dovekit's age. she watched the scene unfold and a rather puzzled look came across her wide-eyed expression. should she be feeling that way? why didn't she? fighting was so... barbaric. the dilute tortoiseshell plucked her way over to the two, still staying a respectable distance away. how would dovekit be able to dodge... nothing? even in the two moons brindlekit had been around, she still didn't understand anyone here. she felt a bit like an alien, observing a foreign species. blending in but only barely. "well, i can't say it's not a dodge," she mewed quietly.

•  "speech"
  • 1b1525b12b0c93ddd7c8a44d39a6bccb.jpg
    abandond kit, brindlekit found mysteriously on the border of riverclan, with no memory of how she ended up there. she is 4 moons. she is very small for her age, but is healthy. she is a dilute tortoiseshell with a white throat and chest. her stomach, paws and tail tip are also white. her eyes are golden and round. penned by Twitchtail,