pafp TIT FOR TAT ✦ APPRENTICE GOSSIP

"And, like, I feel like my legs are gonna fall off... not because I'm tired, but because there isn't enough to do!"

A soft evening has descended upon the inhabitants of RiverClan's camp — and upon the rest of the world, too, but it's not like Eveningpaw cares much for those. Evidently, consideration doesn't go much further than her immediate vicinity either... for her shrill voice breaks through the light cicada chatter, through the calm that usually describes the early nights between the sloshing riverbanks, through any sleepy haze that might be settling over tired cats' fluttering eyelids. The apprentices' den doesn't usually slumber yet at this hour; only those who are lucky enough not to be bothered by Eveningpaw's gossip and manage to fall unconscious in spite of it.

The fur at the back of her neck bunches up, thanks to the way she tips her head back. It is a dramatic enough movement to have the tips of her ears touch her back. "I know Gladefrost's busy and all, between me and Twinklepaw, but sometimes I wish we had more shared sessions," she sighs, yellow eyes sweeping over to meet Magpiepaw's; her victim who is forced to listen. "But enough about me. What's on your mind? I'm sure there's something that's been annoying you too!"

Please wait for @Magpiepaω ! This thread is for apprentices only. >:)

• Wow
Reactions: Magpiepaᴡ
〕The feeling of not doing enough was not lost on it as it shared similar feelings. Hawkcloud was an eager mentor but they felt they didnt spend enough time together to truly learn anything of use. Magpiepaw felt very unprepared for warriorhood and maybe it was something they should bring up with their mentor. So for Eveningpaw to feel similar feelings about their sister didnt surprise them. Gladefrost tended to put more into others than she should and didnt know how to divide her time, from what they could gather from Eveningpaws’ ranting.

Though it wasnt the first time the apprentices expressed this feeling and they couldn’t rightly blame her. Eveningpaw voices further about Twinklepaw, and they nod along as they were grooming their chest fur. It was twilight by now and the apprentices’ were hunkering down for the night.

Magpiepaw felt a sense of emptiness in their chest as they regarded the empty nest that use to belong to their friend Midngihtash, but they push it down and shake themselves mentally. There was no need to dwell on it as soon they’d be joining the warriors’ regardless in a couple moons now, at least two and it was trying to keep it under track.

She did the same with Freckles and I- so I wouldn’t take it too personally,” Magpiepaw remarks back to their paler counterpart and shrugged their shoulders slightly, “As for myself? I suppose I share similar feelings about Hawkcloud. So eager, but yet doesn’t seem to know how to schedule time” They gesture with a front white paw as they spoke and blue hues met yellow for a brief moment, before adverting them downwards out of habit. Though then the apprentice furrowed their brow, “Though i swear everything is chaotic right now but i feel so idle in it? You know what i mean?” They look to Eveningpaw again and tilted their head to the side.

• ooc.” “
  • Magpiepaw —— Apprentice of Riverclan , mentored by Hawkcloud . NPC x NPC . littermate to Gladefrost and Frecklepaw ✦ penned by wolfie
    AMAB Agender Masculine / they/it/ze / 10 months & ages every 23ʳᵈ
    single / Demisexual Homoromantic(femme leaning) & monogamous / closed to romance
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / underline & tag account when attacking
    —— combat details here / battle notes

speech, 'thoughts', all opinions are in character
    biography — msg on discord for plots — toyhouse
  • 57858877_QpMTdTTa199ZmQ5.png

a longhaired black and white cat with blue eyes. write a short description detailing appearance including necessary information.

d523icN.jpeg

Today was hard. But so had every day been since becoming an apprentice. Every day he wakes up and he's expected to learn something, to absorb all the knowledge he possibly could. Six moons to do it seemed like not enough, in his opinion but he supposes in the six moons he's been alive so far he's learned a lot - whether what he learned was good or bad was still up for debate. There is one cat, though, that always seemed to see the good in him no matter what, who he knew would always be there for him through clear skies or stormy weather. Eveningpaw.

Their nests neighbor one another, so it is not hard to find her as he pushes his way into the apprentices den, green eyes blinking as he adjusts to the dim light. When his gaze alights upon her though, his features fall at the same time as his heart twists. She was already talking to someone else... She's allowed to have other friends, stupid he scolds himself inwardly, doing his best to will his expression into careful neutrality before anyone could see.

He picks his way over, and if Eveningpaw were to meet his gaze he would smile warmly at her in turn, all negative feelings forgotten the moment she sees him in the way only his best friend can. Once he reaches his destination, he practically collapses into his nest. Having been late to the conversation, Graypaw catches only the tail end of it. Something about mentors, of which he has no complaints nor would he ever dare be so foolish as to speak negatively about his own mother, so he instead busies himself with picking at the moss of his bedding instead. "If you feel idle, then why not find something to do?" he finds himself asking, one brow raised.
EpC61GT.png

• 5RlyhZs.jpeg

• 81982729_t5hu4ZT91MAtJ8v.png
    GRAYPAW RIVERCLAN APPRENTICE ; HE / HIM
    LILYBLOOM X LAKEMOON BROTHER TO TBD ; MENTORED BY LAKEMOON
    A plush coated apprentice with a pelt marbled in varying shades of gray and white. He has dull green eyes and a tall stature. Most of his personality can be described as carefree though some also say that unmotivated is a more than apt term. His trust and love is easily won through praise but he will do little work to receive it.
    easy in battle + no formal training

Where he rested, he hadn't strayed far from his sibling. His eyes were half lidded, remaining in the quiet that he wore close to his chest. Eveningpaw's chatter was nearly as normal as all could be, a soothing balm to otherwise wound-up nerves from a day of training. More fishing and swimming practice, a patrol here or there. Horizonpaw had already begun to develop the muscles needed to keep up with Salmonshade. And quick she was- maybe that's why he felt so tired day in and day out.

His sister's head tilts backwards and slowly did his green eyes slide open, near inquisitive- which fell away when he realized she was still chattering on towards Magpiepaw. Horizonpaw shifts gently then, his back turned towards the conversation. Eyes skipped over Graypaw as he approached, and slowly did his head raise again, having been halfway down to rest. A slow inhale and a soft huff later, he's rolling back over to face the conversation once more, still a twinge disappointed he couldn't sleep yet.

Eveningpaw's chatter was one thing- he was used to that, endless stories that never seemed to end- but the others joining in was a slight interruption. Really, it's nothing new. You should be used to it. His ears pressed backwards, a frown touching his face at the internal thought. Not that he... really had anything to add to the conversation at this time, so his chin sinks against his chest fur, eyes half lidded again.
  • "speech"
  • HORIZONPAW he/him, apprentice of riverclan, seven moons.
    SH blue tabby with low white and deep green eyes. he is gangly, with long limbs and a longer tail that give him the illusion of being tall despite being average height otherwise. looks on with slightly anxious but normally happy expressions
    mentored by salmonshade / / mentoring no one
    padding after no one / / littermate to twinklepaw, eveningpaw, and snowflakekit
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by dallas ↛ dallasofnines on discord, feel free to dm for plots.