backwritten TOO EARLY GOOD-BYE // morningpaw

MUSHROOMPAW

ENTER THE TV?
Oct 23, 2022
d8ar60x-ee126071-771e-4661-ab67-065c04fd2e7b.gif

[this thread takes place about three quarters of a moon after Mushroomkit and Morningbird, then Burr, came to Skyclan]

Mushroomkit had been up....especially early today. Earlier than the dawn patrol, earlier than the sun. Sitting, waiting, curling up with her grandfather to stave off a bit of chill, rinse, repeat. "You'll wear a rut in the den floor if you keep like that." He'd said to her once he'd finally decided to be awake. It makes some of the elders chuckle, others roll their eyes. They'd all been up a little later trying to get the little puff to sleep. She was too excited, and well....after a while they couldn't begrudge her. She'd bloomed so well after coming to Skyclan a scared, shaking little sprout, a set of watery eyes in her grandpa's fur. To see how she had adapted was....nice.

"But I want to make sure I don't miss them!" Once again, Mushroomkit goes to start walking towards the den's entrance to check and see if her friends had returned from Thunderclan. In one fell swoop she's plucked from her route though, dropped between massive paws and kept from leaving. "Better make sure you look your best then." She feels the rasp of his tongue on her fur as she tries to squirm out of his grasp.

"No I don't need a bath!! I had one last night!!"

She'd only made two trips to her grandfather's before the attack, and she remembers how exhausting both of them had been. She hadn't even walked the whole time, shuffled between mama and auntie or mama and papa, but it still tired her out. 'Firefly and Morning are lucky their family lives so close. Must make things easier.' The molly muses, not hearing the rustling of the camp walls over her grandfather's tongue and her own wriggling.

ALL I CAN DO IS DREAM ─
dbimpir-2aac4c6f-e737-47f8-aa03-72c8a8113795.gif
─ FOR I AM SO, SO TIRED.