private took a job for just july // starlingheart

ABANDON ALL YOUR STUPID DREAMS
ABOUT THE GIRL I COULD HAVE BEEN, MY DEAR
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
maggotfur 20 moons female she/her shadowclan warrior
56561981_gzSVWQMDHDXhC73.png
Its with great hesitation that Maggotfur finds herself here - uncertainty gleaming in violent blue eyes as she watches the medicine cat at work. Once, this wouldn't have been necessary - Magpiepaw had always been her go too, her most trusted. If she had a problem, there'd been no better cat to solve it then him. But he's dead - gone. Replaced by a pale tabby that Maggotfur finds herself utterly disinterested in.

Tail flicks slowly, and mind made up she at last speaks. " Starlingheart - do you... Have a moment? I need to speak to you, " for all her blank faced certainty, she feels anything but - emotions raging in her get until she almost thinks they might bubble out her throat without her permission. It'd hardly be the first time either - all sorts of strangeness has cracked her mind and mental state these past few days.

Magpiepaw hd explained to her once that she wasn't dying - just in love. This is not quite the same as that sickness, but surely Starlingheart will figure out what it is. She's a smart cat after all - far moreso then Maggotfur has ever been.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'
A N D - I F - Y O U ' R E - B L I N D - T O - T H A T , I ' M - F I N E - W I T H - T H A T
// @Starlingheart

When Starlingheart works her mind is transported. She is no longer as small as just herself but rather she is a part of something so much bigger than her herself. She is a vital part of her clan, one of the all-important limbs that work cohesively in order to keep things running. Without her, without a medicine cat, ShadowClan would surely succumb to illness and injury, as would every other clan. It is a miracle, to her, that the marsh colony had made it as long as they did with no one to heal them. She thinks about her mother and how she wishes she had gotten the opportunity to ask her about those days, when she was just Briar rather than a star and she only had one life to lose like the rest of them. But that chance has come and gone now.

Rupturing her from her thoughts of the past is a voice, familiar but strange all the same. Maggotfur. She knows of the blue tabby and white warrior, of course, she had been friends with Magpiepaw after all, but she cannot say she has ever sat and had a honest to the stars conversation with the molly. This, in part, is because whenever she looks at her she still can feel the sting of her first loss heavy on her shoulders. She had not been able to save Viridianskies, all those moons ago and it had turned the girls father cruel, cold. Maggotkit she remembers the name flying from his tongue like spittle and it makes her wince inwardly. Still, she forces the corners of her mouth to lilt into a smile for her benefit "Of course, what-is something wrong?" she could not smell any blood or sickness when she lifts her nose to the air, but regardless she motions for her to step further into the den.
EpC61GT.png

• PSgWDJV.jpeg

• 80989743_Y4EI15MsrzJWZG0.png
    STARLINGHEART SHADOWCLAN MEDICINE CAT; SHE / HER ; SISTER TO PITCHSTAR, CHITTERTONGUE, NIGHTSWARM, SKUNKTAIL, AND LILACFUR. MOTHER TO NETTLEPAW, FLINTWISH AND GHOSTMASK.
    A skinny she cat with short black and white fur littered with scars and one singular green eye.
    Easy in battle + has little to no formal battle training

ABANDON ALL YOUR STUPID DREAMS
ABOUT THE GIRL I COULD HAVE BEEN, MY DEAR
maggotfur 20 moons female she/her shadowclan warrior
56561981_gzSVWQMDHDXhC73.png
" I- Maybe. I think so, " comes stammered response, strangely jittery and anxious. Her usual cool demanor is quickly fleeing in the face of her nerves, and tongue touches canine teeth anxiously as tail swishes about, face still kept carefully blank. " Normally.... Normally, i'd ask Magpiepaw, " but she can't, because he's gone. she doesn't say this part of course, but the truth lingers in the silence between the tow them before the massive silver tabby presses on.

With each word she speaks, voice picks up, leaving her breathless in her fretting. But feelings have always unnerved her, and worse still is the strangeness that encroaches her body and mind as though possessedr. " I ma - I am strange. My emotions are not my own, and I do not feel like myself. I'm tired all the time - and I... I'm hungry. More... more then I already was. Then I always am, " the gnawing emptiness is something sh eis used too, but not like this. Hers is an ching thing, begging for something she knows she will not find. Now, she has preferences - and oh, isn't that strange? that something she'd snack upon one day she now turns her nose up at. It's wrong - it's utterly not her.

She must be dying, surely.

A N D - I F - Y O U ' R E - B L I N D - T O - T H A T , I ' M - F I N E - W I T H - T H A T

Maggotfur understands the loss that weighs heavily in Starlinghear's chest like perhaps only a few others can. Her apprentice had not been known best for his bedside manners, after all, and her voice is full of sympathy and knowing as she quietly says "I know..." because she does. She does painfully and acutely know. There had been a time where she would have trusted no one other than Bonejaw to treat her with experienced paws. That time had come and gone, however, as had the time where Maggotfur could ask Magpiepaw for assistance had. Now, she was all they had, and that would have to be enough.

The warrior goes on to explain her symptoms and Starlingheart cannot fight off the way her whiskers twitch. Everything she is describing is familiar, something Starlingheart has heard and experienced before. "Hm. Well. Maggotfur, what you're describing- it sounds a lot like what I felt about hmm 14 moons now" and her solitary green eye gleams as she studies the mollies face, trying to gauge whether she understood what she was saying or not, trying to glean whether or not this was good news to her or not. Motherhood could be a frightening thing, after all. But if what Maggotfur needed was support, she would not hesitate to give it.
EpC61GT.png

• PSgWDJV.jpeg

STARLINGHEART SHADOWCLAN MEDICINE CAT; SHE / HER ; SISTER TO PITCHSTAR, CHITTERTONGUE, NIGHTSWARM, SKUNKTAIL, AND LILACFUR. MOTHER TO NETTLEPAW, FLINTWISH AND GHOSTMASK.
    A skinny she cat with short black and white fur littered with scars and one singular green eye.

WONDERED WHAT IT'S LIKE TO
TOUCH AND FEEL SOMETHING
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
maggotfur 21 moons female she/her shadowclan warrior
32977525-sx-Rjmo-SM5-Njm9-KH-1.png
14 moons ago - it takes a moment of thought puzzlement lining her pale features, but in the end she does catch on. " But that- that would be.... Are you sure? I can't- Oh, " for once, the molly is a bristling wave of emotions, as one expression after another flickers across her face. Confusion, denial. Understanding.

" I- thats, " eeth snap together sharply in frustration, brows furrowed. She had been foolish, truly - to not consider the consequences of her actions. A single night, and this is what things had come too. This is not something she's ever thought much upon - stars, her own childhood was evidence enough of all that could go wrong. and yet, despite her dreams being shattered - how was she to rise through the ranks now? there'd be no time - what she settles upon is acceptance.

Hope.

Surely... surely, there's nobody better suited. She knew everything not to do - she'd do far better then them. " What does this mean? What... should I expect? " features harden once more as she nods, more to reassure herself then the medicine cat. This is a good thing - no matter the foolishness that had led her here.

M O N S T E R , - H O W - S H O U L D - I - F E E L - ?

Starlingheart is silent as she watches Maggotfur come to terms with her newfound condition. She waits patiently for the new queen to roll the idea over in her head, to accept it as truth and fact and now there was only one thing left, to see what she did with the newfound information. Vaguely, the medicine cat's mind drifts to another place, another queen. Her first experience kitting. What should be a happy day filled with joy and love turned bitter in an instant.

She pushes those thoughts aside, pulls her tail closer to her body. Maggotfur was not her mother, nor was Starlingheart definied by the things she had experienced. She had had sat through plenty of successful kittings since, and she had no reason to believe hers would be any more or less safe than any other. "Im not- not certain" she admits softly, because it's the truth. Nature and fate were powerful forces, unpredictable and wild in their ways. "IWhatever happens though I'm- I'm here for you. I'll do my best to- to help however I can" she vows solemnly.
EpC61GT.png

• PSgWDJV.jpeg