backwritten Tops of banana trees // orangeblossom

Jan 5, 2023
It was just going to be a for a few minutes. Just a little bit of fresh air for a few seconds- something to smell other than dried herbs and Dawnglare bad breath. The young warrior had picked her way across bodies of sleeping cats and out into the clearing. Making sure to keep the back leg up and off the ground. Earlier than day she had been told to sit down and stay put. Honeysplash had wanted to try to shovel snow or talk to tohers in the clan, but it seemed like Dawnglare manifested from thin air at this point.

Still, they couldn’t stand to be in the medicine den a moment longer. They missed the warriors’ den, where they had a nest with their friends and sisters. Was it still even there or did someone else take it over? The thought saddened mossy green eyes and she looked down at her front paws, flexing her claws into the snow and shaking her head slightly. She had been gone for months, almost a fully year even and she missed her home like crazy.

Though recently it felt like no one missed her. A few cats had visited her and she appreciated it more than she let on, but it felt a bit empty without her family. Honeysplash had thought of them everyday when she was gone. How they had been growing, what they had been up too, what had changed. So much had changed. A soft sigh left her pink nose and she moved her gaze up to the sky.

It was just after sunset and everyone was suppose to be asleep. She had found a spot outside of the medicine den to nestle in, granted wet but she’d deal with it. They then laid their head on their paws, enjoying the moonlight and quietness of camp.​

"Speech"

living in a world so cold

4d5460.png
  • 68451166_mY2BOSe6hTLMAcu.png

orangeblossom | tags
    — she/her ; deputy of skyclan. mentoring springpaw.
    — scarred white-and-ginger she-cat with brown eyes.
    "speech" ; thoughts
    — chibi by waluigipinball
    — penned by mercibun. @ me in any official tabbytales discord for plots.
    4d5460.png
// retro to. so much LOL

"If Dawnglare catches you out again, you'll be in trouble." Orangeblossom rumbles, tone lighter than it's felt in moons. She sits down next to her younger sister, aware of the damp snowmelt under her paws, but the deputy takes solace in being able to exist next to Honeysplash once again. The moon floats in the sky above them, rounded but too late in the cycle to be Gathering-full, and Orangeblossom looks up at it for some time. The morning might be bitterly cold but for now, there's an eerily beautiful quality to the sight.

"... Where were you?" She asks, quietly. She turns her muzzle slightly towards the cream-and-white warrior, sparing Honeysplash of the multitude of questions Alice would have no doubt bombarded her with.

• Love
Reactions: wolfie
Mossy green eyes flicker up with startled surprise and they half expected to see someone else approaching her- but she couldn’t help but grin at the sight of her sister. Orangeblossom came to sit with them outside the medicine den and they rolled their eyes at the warning, “Hes asleep- what he doesn’t know what hurt him?” They responded and hoped that their sister would keep their escape under wraps.

There was a few beats of quiet between them as the deputy settled beside their lighter fur sibling, and Honeysplash felt like a small child again. Like she was expecting to be scolded, questioned until her ears popped or something. Surely Ora was upset with her right? She must be- she had been gone for so long without a word to anyone about it.

Then Orangeblossom broke the brief quiet with a question and Honeysplash adverted her gaze for a moment, “I was in twolegplace. I got stuck in another cage and this twoleg family picked me up,” They answered honestly and sorrowfully. They should’ve fought harder, done more or something to get back sooner. They had failed everything it meant to be a warrior.

I think I was on the other side of the twolegplace- very far from the forest,” She continued softly and shuffled her paws slightly on the ground. The cream warrior paused and then looked to her sister, “I-I’m sorry- i should’ve-i could’ve-,” She stammered quickly but nothing coherent came forward as she had no good excuse. ​

"Speech"

living in a world so cold