private Tragedy of it all || Granitepelt

Little Bird

Tragic Villain
Apr 15, 2024

[ ༻ 𓅫 ༺ ] Her mom had told her to stay hidden, not to come out and she would return shortly. Yet, her mother hadn't returned, it had been a few moments that had passed and Little Bird was getting hungry, so very hungry. It clawed at her belly, forcing the kit to come out of hiding, she knew mama would be mad but, she hadn't returned and so on wobbly paws the kit began her search, picking up whatever scent she could of her own mom before a different smell hit her nose, this one being metallic and aggressive, blood and then a different smell all together hit her, and one she did not know of. Yet fawn colored fur and the recognizeable scent of her mother made her pause.

Her mom was just laying there, red splotchint her fur, unmoving and Little Bird blinked. Was it a game? She had yet to spot the nearby beast too focused on her own mother who laid still in silence and shakily the she-kit moved forward nudging her mom only she felt... cold. "Mama? Please wake up, I'm hungry" she spoke softly, her paws moving to her mother's flank in attempt to shake the molly awake, and yet nothing happened. Then, another scent came to her tiny nose, one unfamiliar to her making her head snap towards it.

A strange cat, one she never seen before loomed nearby making her tiny fur stand on edge and eyes widening a bit before she shrunk slightly. "Why isn't mama moving?" she asked softly, her trembling body moving to press against the cold fur of her mother while hunger still clawed at the kit's stomach. Her mom was just playing a game with her, right? She'll be fine, everything would be fine...

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Little Bird 𓅫 She/Her, Rogue kit , 3 moons.
    Frail black/fawn tortoiseshell chimera w/ low white and blue hazel eyes
    Gale x Birch
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

@GRANITEPELT )

It was a tragedy that had taken the loner’s life, Granitepelt muses. She’d been aware enough to hide her kit from plain sight, but not battle-hardened enough to protect the soft skin of her throat from a viper’s strike. Tragic, and now the kit reveals herself, comes out of hiding to nuzzle into the cold pelt of a dead mother. His green eyes narrow, and a smile plays around pale white lips. “Your mama had an accident. She won’t be moving again.” He slinks out of the shadows, his tail flicking out behind him. “I’m sorry. But I can help you. You’re hungry, aren’t you?” He had heard the child’s feeble cry for food before she’d noticed him.

Granitepelt goes to the kit, and he thinks of Flintpaw, of Nettlepaw, of Ghostpaw, all curled into their mother’s flank. Something curdles in his belly—but it is not remorse for his actions. It’s anger, familiar and sore, at cats who have cast him aside.

This kit would not have the chance to do so. This kit would grow into a DuskClanner, a loyalist, a soldier with only his goals and dreams.

Come with me, little one. I’ll find you something to eat.” He pauses. “Do you have a name?

• ooc:
  • Granitekit . Granitepaw . Granitepelt, he/him w/ masculine terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 23 moons old, ages realistically on the 10th.
    — mentored by Pitchstar and Dogfur ; mentoring n/a ; previously mentored Applepaw
    — "duskclan" leader. flint x sandra, gen 2.
    — formerly mated to Starlingheart, currently mated to n/a.
    — penned by Marquette.

sh blue and white tom with dark green eyes. arrogant, stealthy, sneaky, observant, perceptive, cunning, spiteful, envious.

[ ༻ 𓅫 ༺ ] The stranger's words, how he told her that mama had an accident, that she wouldn't be moving no more made her freeze in place. She didn't understand what that meant but, the promises of food, and his apology over the death of her mother allowed the kit to truly believe he meant it. Blue hazel eyes shifted from her mother to the gray pelted stranger.

If only she knew what all this meant, and why the tom would take her with him. The path that awaited her and the seed of hatred that planned to bury its way to her heart. She'll become a solider for the one who took away her own mother yet, for now she was naive, easy in her trust to this stranger. Her small wobbly pawsteps following the tom before he paused to ask for her name.

"Mama only ever called me Little Bird, she was worry I wouldn't make it pass the first moon so she never gave me a proper name" she chirped. He still had yet to tell her who he was, but for now she would believe him to be her savior. "What about you?" she asked, her tint tail swishing, eager to get something to eat but also to learn more about the one who decided to take her in after the tragedy that befell her mother.

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Little Bird 𓅫 She/Her, Rogue kit , 3 moons.
    Frail black/fawn tortoiseshell chimera w/ low white and blue hazel eyes
    Gale x Birch
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.