private TRANQUIL AS A FOREST — chamomilepaw

H

HAWKSHIVER

❪ TAGS ❫ — Hawkshiver initially had mixed feelings on being a mentor. He used to tell himself that he didn't have time to train scrappy youths, not when there was plenty of patrolling and hunting to be done instead. Now, Hawkshiver was determined to see his apprentice succeed and improve. He can't say that Chamomilepaw has improved much, but he imagines how rewarding it would feel if he managed to make a fine warrior of the boy. He couldn't achieve this feat without training.

"Chamomilepaw," Hawkshiver addresses the ticked tabby trainee from his place near the gorse wall of camp, angling his ears and expectantly looking toward the other.

After Chamomilepaw joins him, the warrior commences the pair's descent through the camp tunnel, leading the way into the pines and toward the sandy hollow. "I hope you haven't forgotten about our training session today." He suspects that he hasn't, but it's best to keep his apprentice on his toes either way. Chamomilepaw was not necessarily a slacker, he's noticed, but he did tend to get lost chasing butterflies from time to time. Hawkshiver wasn't entirely appreciative of what he deemed as "kit play", especially from his own trainee. Other warriors may disagree, however. He expected a lot out of his clanmates, and displaying self-discipline and maturity was no exception.

// @chamomilepaw

Chamomilepaw had no reservations over being an apprentice - it was his duty after all, an expectation and honor bestowed upon on clan kits. Initially he felt intimidated to be paired with Hawkshiver, though now he feels a certain reverence for the older tom. Cham has much to learn from Hawkshiver and though he feels like he lets the tom down more often than not, Cham still holds tight to earning praise from his mentor one day.

His wonderful dream is interrupted by the call of duty, sleepy sage eyes fluttering open and gazing up into the frigid depths that angled down at the fawn apprentice. Cham yawns as he scrambles to his paws, swiping his tongue over a paw and using it to smooth down his cheek fluff. "I would never forget about training. I was simply building up my stamina," he replies as he falls in line with Hawkshiver's pace, a tiny smile tugging at the corner of his maw. "So what will we be working on today?"