tread carefully where you walk when the world is at your feet [p]

Coldsnap

CAN YOU FEEL MY HEART?
Aug 1, 2022
ezgif-com-gif-maker-2.jpg

THE HIGHER I GET, THE LOWER I SINK
I CAN'T DROWN MY DEMONS THEY KNOWN HOW TO SWIM

It had taken a lot - the great battle, the arrival of starclan, the split of the marsh group, and so much more, for Windclan to find some semblence of normalcy again. Cold felt like every week there was some big new thing to worry about, and quite frankly he was ready to be done with it. He wanted his life back, wanted to worry about normal apprentice shit, but he wasn't sure when that would be happening if it ever did at all. And so he'd kept away from it all, a background character who had made a point to either do things on his own or not do them at all.

As of late though there'd been a distinct change in the grey tabby tomcat. He'd been around more, actively participating and socializing with the other cats. He wasn't sure if it was because things were finally starting to calm down or if he'd just grown bored with staying away from things for so long. After all, before everything had changed for him, Cold had been a social child. competitive, friendly, active, stubborn- he'd always been out doing something with someone. He used to talk about becoming a lead warrior, always bothering people to train with him or practice his hunting skills even though he was way too young. Maybe he was colder now and more guarded, but that same nature still lay within him. He would always be a competitive, social, ambitious cat.

That day he'd been ordered by one of the older cats to go out and gather moss for fresh beds. With everyone moving into the new camp they needed a bunch of supplies, and everyone had been mobilized that morning to do all kinds of things. Was Cold thrilled about having to go gather moss instead of doing something more interesting? No, he wasn't. But he'd be damned if he was going to do it alone and lose his fur to boredom. So he'd quickly gone off to find the one apprentice he was told hadn't been given anything to do yet.

"Leech!" he called as he spotted the dark feline. "Guess whose on moss-duty with me?" he asked, sending the other tom a smirk.

windclan apprentice - male - 10 months - bisexual - polyamorous - single - a tall, muscular tabby with dark grey fur

Leech couldn't exactly say he was super excited with everything that happend around him. In fact he didn't care all too much about it. He did what he was told not without complain but that was it. Leech hadn't tagged along to the moors because of what the cats in the stars had said neither was he much of a believer. The only reason he had picked the moors was because he wanted to get away from the swamp land that only had bad memories for him, and there was no way he was gonna become some sort of fish cat. That left him with the moors as his only option. An escape from his previous life, previous self he wanted to do nothing but to forget about. Leech for sure had started to live up to the cursed name he had been given from his spiteful mother. The sweet caring kit he once had been were nowhere to be found now. Just his anger. That was all he had left now. Anger for everything he had been put through.

Since no assignment had been given out to him the young tom had been hoping for some peace and quiet for a while. Just him and his thoughts. Yeah, like that actually would happen. Leech twitched his ears when his name got called out, his never ending annoyed expression meeting Cold who had called him out. Huh. That was odd. The two barely spoke to one another. As kits they might have shared conversations perhaps even played together now and then as they shared the same friendship group. Leech had been a bit social himself as young but he had always followed after his other littermates. So wherever they were he had been there as well. Leech did remember though that one of his siblings had spoken highly of Cold. How time had changed them both. Cold was no longer the kit Leech had known back in the swamp land and neither was he. Both had changed because of similliar yet different losses in life.

"Guess whose on moss-duty with me?" Leech narrowed his orbs at this words, looking anything but happy over this duty that now had got forced upon him. " You gotta be fucking kidding me..." he would mutter underneath his breath, ignoring Cold's smirk as he was not humoured by this. Why did he always got the boring tasks for?. Ugh. He hated to be young and pushed around like this by the other adults. He couldn't wait until he grow up so he not needed to obey them anymore. " Lets get this over with." he would stand up, having previously laid down in hope to rest but apperantly so would not be the case. With a snort the tall yet small tom started to take the lead as he gave a sway with his tail for Cold to follow or he would leave them behind. Despite his negative attitude though Leech had this far never not completed a task that was given to him. That had to mean something, right?.

ezgif-com-gif-maker-11.jpg
THE HIGHER I GET, THE LOWER I SINK
I CAN'T DROWN MY DEMONS, THEY KNOW HOW TO SWIM

Cold wasn't bothered one bit by the fact that Leech was pissed to have been dragged into this. Misery loves company and all that, because if the gray tomcat had to suffer the bordom of such a mundane chore than he sure as hell wasn't going to suffer it alone. It only made it all the more amusing that the cat turned out to be Leech, who was welll known for not enjoying anything.

Cold had vague memories of the lithe black tom from their childhood, back when they were just kits living in the marshes with no other worries than what to play that evening, but too much time had gone by for either of them to pretend they knew anything about each other anymore, just familiar names and faces to put to people they didn't really know anymore.

Don't complain so much- from the looks of it you'd benefit from a little physical activity." the striped tomcat replied as he prowled alongside the other. Leech was all angles and leen limbs. Maybe if he went and dug up moss every now and then he'd put a little muscle on. Not that he looked bad or anything, he just didn't need to complain.

windclan apprentice - male - 8 months - a large, dark grey tabby with yellow eyes

Last edited:

" Huh?, what is that suppose to mean?!." he growled underneath his breath, casting a very much annoyed look at the other tall tom who might even be taller then he was. His comment about his physicial built form really left a sour taste inside his mouth. Leech had always had trouble with his physicial built. To long legs which had taken him forever to grow into!. He had been so unsteady on his paws as a kit...and his ears had been so long they had constantly gotten in his face!. Leech knew very well he was not the most attractive looking cat in the clan, and with his self-neglect to eat properly his showing ribs didn't exactly help his case. Not like he really cared all to much about it though. Apperance meant nothing in his eyes.

With a huff he decided to let it slide, not caring enough to hear Cold give him an answer or not. Instead he moved on smoothly to a topic that was more importand in his book. Since the two were stuck with one another for a while what better time then now to stick his nose into somebody elses business?.
" Soooo, i heared from Rose that you sticked up for them against thier siblings." he didn't even hesitate to go straight to the point as he contunie on to walk in search of moss to carry back home with them. He keept his gaze forward as he contunied without much of a break.

" You have never bothered yourself doing stuff like that before, so why now?." he cast a side glance at them, watching them very closely with his burning judging gaze. It just felt off for him. Cold had lived with them in the swamp so it shouldn't have been anything new to him to see how poorly Rose was being treated from his family. Not even Leech had done anything about it before not until he had started to get to know them better. But Cold?. Last time he checked the two wheren't close, Leech would have known!. So of course he was skeptical and wary, wondering what Cold's real motive had been to do something as unecessery 'heroic' like that. Rose had felt grateful, but Leech?. He only saw this as a bad thing so he had to ask. Sooner or later he would have confronted them about it. Now had been his chance.