private TRUST — stormpaw

LIONPAW

LOOKING LIKE A TRUE SURVIVOR
Mar 3, 2024
"Do you understand who scarred him like that? Me Crowsight, it was me...!" Those scathing words permanently ingrained themselves into Lionpaw's brain and seemed to replay in his head nonstop since he turned and ran from his half-brothers. He had been sorry to leave Crowsight's side so abruptly, and he'd definitely apologize for his actions later, but right now his only priority had been to get out of there. Skyclaw had treated Lionpaw like a stranger, like they did not share the same blood.

The scar across Lionpaw's nose is healed by now, but a phantom pain begins to prick his face as if it's fresh again. He thinks about the moment that Skyclaw pinned him to the ground and slashed his claws across his face, all while he squirmed and wriggled to try and get out of the ThunderClanner's grip. Only opponents gave each other scars like this. Was his brother to be his opponent? Would they never truly know each other>

The fact bothers Lionpaw to a great degree. The chocolate torbie point sits on the outskirts of the gathering crowds; the announcements have not started as of yet, so until then, all the apprentice wants to do is sit on his own and sulk. Hopefully Fireflyglow nor Crowsight would have noticed where he'd gone; as much as Lionpaw appreciates the comfort of his siblings, right now is not the time. Hanging his head, eyes fixed on the ground, Lionpaw trembles and tries to steady his breath. Please, StarClan, no tears tonight...
u9a4dSL.png

• ooc. @stormpaw
  • LIONPAW —— apprentice of skyclan , mentored by crowsight ✦ penned by beatles
    trans male / he/they pronouns / 7 moons & ages every 9th
    single / bisexual & monogamous
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / underline & tag account when attacking
    —— easy combat difficulty / won't start fights, won't kill

"speech", thoughts, all opinions are ic
    biography — msg on discord for plots — toyhouse
  • 78922242_RoBq9inRj8ibOv1.png

a longhaired chocolate torbie point with blue eyes. a silky, cream-colored pelt is adorned with chocolate points. his points are splashed with ginger spots. tabby patterns also stripe around their dark limbs and face.

( ) sitting beside lupinesong, stormpaw can feel the anxiety gnawing away at her stomach. she's enjoyed what she's seen of the gathering so far, mostly because her new mentor is a very kind and outgoing cat. lupinesong has introduced her to what feels like at least fifty new cats, and now she's seated gossiping away with some seemingly friendly strangers. it's weird, but nice. stormpaw doesn't know if she needs to come to any more gatherings ever, though.

the nervousness in her chest hasn't faded even as she's gotten more comfortable. mis-matched eyes glance around the clearing, scanning for cats she recognizes. can she find dogwoodpaw or ricepaw in the din, or pick cherryblossom out from the rest of the deputies? can she seek lionpaw, who's been to a gathering before? as if she's summoned the older apprentice, he appears, hustling across the clearing with his tail low and ears pinned. something about his demeanor worries the newly minted girl, and she stands on delicate paws, glancing up at her mentor as her soft voice excuses herself. lupinesong doesn't seem to mind stormpaw leaving, and it feels like a good sign that her mentor is supportive of her making her own choices.

dipping her head to the warriors she'd met, she pads off, eyes wide and wandering as she scans yet again for her friend. the mottled tom has vanished into the throng of cats and stormpaw feels apprehension rise once again, taking on the form of acid in her throat and stomach. she swallows it, scents the air like she's been taught to do, and finds lionpaw's scent after a careful moment. following it, she sees a gap in some underbrush, the branches still trembling from movement. gently parting the bracken, she finds her fellow apprentice, hunched and shaking in the darkness. sympathy honeys the blue tabby's tone as she moves closer. "lionpaw? are you alright?"

odd eyes peer up at the taller cat, nose twitching as she searches for any sign of blood or bruise. no such injury comes to reality and so she concludes it must be something emotional. white tufted brows furrow, the girl tentatively settling herself by her friend's side. "can i do anything to help?"

• // "#758ba4"
  • 83301616_oGaXxMckWrWIpNl.png

• STORMPAW ✿ SHE / HER, APPRENTICE OF SKYCLAN. MENTORED BY LUPINESONG. CAULIFLOWERCURL x HERONSTEP, SISTER TO RICEPAW, DOGWOODPAW. 6 MOONS OLD, PENNED BY LAVS
    85048359_wnRmTz7bql2wF7S.png
    blue tabby with low white and blue/green heterochromia a long-furred blue feline with darker blue curling stripes that splash across her chest, flanks and tail. white floods the fur around her neck, the tip of her tail, stomach, and paws. dual hued eyes of sky and forest make her pretty in an innocent way, and her body is small and lithe, although her fluffy fur makes her look larger.

〕Completely swept up in his own emotions, Lionpaw is caught off guard when a voice enters his ears from beside him. The chocolate torbie point perks up instantly, nearly flinching from surprise. "Stormpaw," The apprentice clears his throat afterward, blinking any tears that may have threatened to fall away. Well, he wasn't necessarily in the mood for company, but Stormpaw was simply being a good friend. Who would he be to turn her away?

The boy shakes his head at the blue tabby's offer, mewing, "N-No, I..." He pauses, gathering his jumbled thoughts and swallowing over a lump in his throat. "I just discovered somethin' terrible." Lionpaw tentatively considers what he might say next; should he even bother the other youth with the details, or should he keep it to himself?

Voice laden with stony weights, stubbornly holding together its composure, Lionpaw decides to detail to his friend, "My half-brother—from ThunderClan—is the one who attacked me that day." He winces as if merely discussing the matter is just as hurtful as the act itself. "And- And he wants nothin' to do with me." Of course he doesn't! Why would Skyclaw acknowledge a foolish apprentice like him as his blood? The most crushing thing of all was that Skyclaw probably would have rejected him regardless—trespasser or not, Lionpaw was still not worthy to be seen as kin. His birth had been the first mistake as far as Skyclaw was concerned.

And to think that Lionpaw had arrived at tonight's gathering with an open mind and heart, with a desire to befriend ( or at least be acquainted with ) the kin that he was estranged from. Blazestar's code existed for a reason. If Howlfire and Fireflyglow were not close with their ThunderClan kin then what possessed him to think that he could be any different? "I feel so stupid." He curses himself hushedly, ducking his gaze to the ground and blinking his heavy eyes.

u9a4dSL.png

• ooc.
  • LIONPAW — apprentice of skyclan , mentored by crowsight ✦ penned by beatles
    trans male / he/they pronouns / 7 moons & ages every 9th
    single / bisexual & monogamous
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / underline & tag account when attacking
    easy combat difficulty / won't start fights, won't kill

"speech", thoughts, all opinions are ic
    biography — msg on discord for plots — toyhouse
  • 78922242_RoBq9inRj8ibOv1.png

a longhaired chocolate torbie point with blue eyes. a silky, cream-colored pelt is adorned with chocolate points. his points are splashed with ginger spots. tabby patterns also stripe around their dark limbs and face. a thin scratch is present on his face from right eyebrow to left cheek under his eye.

( ) lionpaw sniffles, breath shuttering, and stormpaw feels some brief flash of protectiveness that causes her chest to alight. she briefly brushes her tail along the taller cat's back in comfort, angling her ears to fully take in his soft words. hesitation lingers deep in the tom's voice, and his chin quivers before the story pours out. half-brother from thunderclan... attacked... nothing to do with me. stormpaw's ears flatten in sympathy as her friend explains, and as the story finishes, she almost feels like seeking out this idiot brother and shouting some sense into him.

it's a feeling she is not familiar with, this red-hot anger. she'd felt muted versions of it before as a kit, but never this blinding, never this blazing. "lionpaw..." she murmurs, and her brain fires off with every little thing she wants to say. your half-brother is an idiot! he doesn't deserve you! i bet his clan hates him. i bet he hates himself. "you're not stupid," she says instead, because she won't make the situation worse for her friend. "you're smarter than he is. you've done nothing to provoke his anger."

sure, an accidental traipse past the border is slightly aggravating. stormpaw knows lupinesong would chase off a trespasser with a warning hiss. but if it were a new apprentice who'd made a mistake, she doubts her kindhearted mentor would actively attack the cat. this thunderclanner seems like not only a bad brother but a bad cat. "i'm sorry this is happening to you, lionpaw. uhm, i-if it would help, you could talk to fireflyglow or howlfire a-about how they, uh, dealt with it. when you feel ready, of course." would her friend's older siblings even want to have the discussion? stars, she is not meant for problem solving.

"i'm here for you, though, no matter what. and i don't think you're stupid. i think you have a good heart." he does! he's kind and selfless and well meaning. stormpaw'll do anything to prove it to him.

• // "#758ba4"
  • 85862893_x1kRh0Q0Manhp5f.png

• STORMPAW ✿ SHE / HER, APPRENTICE OF SKYCLAN. CAULIFLOWERCURL x HERONSTEP, SISTER TO RICEPAW, DOGWOODPAW. 6 MOONS OLD, PENNED BY LAVS
    85048359_wnRmTz7bql2wF7S.png
    blue tabby with low white and blue/green heterochromia a long-furred blue feline with darker blue curling stripes that splash across her chest, flanks and tail. white floods the fur around her neck, the tip of her tail, stomach, and paws. dual hued eyes of sky and forest make her pretty in an innocent way, and her body is small and lithe, although her fluffy fur makes her look larger.