private tuck you in at night . carawaykit

It felt strange to explore the camp on her own for a change. For the longest time, their parents had chastised and ushered Bumblekit and her siblings into the safe cradles of branches that guarded the nursery. Despite their unified protests, each whine went unanswered.

She had grown tired of the same thickets of moss, mud, willow and reeds, watching the other kits swat at a ball and tussle around with their playmates. When Poppysplash broke through the fray of soft, downy pelts, Bumblekit was amazed to receive permission to roam. The news nearly made the tiny molly jump out of her fur.

In a mad dash to be the first to explore before her siblings, she rounded the corner of the nursery, and skittered to a halt in the clearing of camp. Bumblekit was instantly dazzled with the newfound responsibility. Pausing her eager trek to hungrily observe the scene. Since it was a cool afternoon, every cat was moving about in the usual flow of camp activities.

Some were repairing barriers, others hauling in fresh kill, and a few cleaning one another's pelts. Bright yellow orbs, as vibrant as a full moon, flashed at the rumble of paws behind her. Bumblekit spotted a she-cat looking over the mass of kits, an NPC queen with a stern expression. The knowledge of being watched soured the experience, but that feeling was eradicated by the approaching presence of her sister, Carawaykit.

- - - -

OOC; @carawaykit I apologize for the plain start and posts appearance. I haven't quite picked a proper one for her yet!

• Love
Reactions: carawaysong

nearly knocked off her paws by bumblekit's excitement, the tabby sits stunned for a moment. large eyes blink, when they open again her littermate is gone. just like that! how were they supposed to play if the ebony she-kit was running around all crazy? disgruntled, carawaykit does not take the time to explore. instead she is searching for her sibling gone rogue.

it doesn't take long to find them, a shadow sat in the center of riverclan's camp. "bumblekit!" her accusatory whine is contradicted by the aim of a friendly shoulder bump. "if you really wanna have fun, first we gotta get rid of miss meany-paws over there," her sweet voice is hushed, secretive as she talks about the npc queen looking over them. "i heard that minnows like to hang out in the shade over there, you wanna catch some? imagine if we brought back enough to feed our whole family! willowroot and poppysplash'd be so proud they'd have to let us be apprentices early!" it truly would be a feat, yet she wasn't sure that she could even carry that many.

but there was still an issue, the sentry who held a scornful gaze over their every move. luckily, there were many kits roaming about. surely they could get lost in the mix. "okay, okay. i have an idea. wait for my signal, and then run." it was a fool proof plan, especially when she was about to put on a major show.

gliding away, the kitten waltzed up to the queen, worried expression on her face. "miss? i'm really, really worried 'bout shellkit, told me she was gonna try and climb across the stepping stones, now i can't find her!" wildly, her tail waved bumblekit on as the queen began to look around for the supposedly lost kitten. really, shellkit was taking a nap, but nobody had to know! with her perfect distraction in place, she waited until the queen left to go search before giggling and running off to the rendezvous spot.

• NO WORRIES tysm for making <3

• IMG_0077.png
  • CARAWAYKIT she/her, kit of riverclan, two moons
    carawaykit is a pretty longhaired silver tabby kitten with green eyes and a lithe frame. born into riverclan, she loves her home and has a deep fascination with becoming a warrior to provide for it. a highly spirited and adventurous kitten, she enjoys playing games and pushing boundaries.
    willowroot x poppysplash ↛ sister to bumblekit, tidekit, mosspaw, hazepaw, antlerpaw, and buckpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Her sibling's friendly shoulder bump didn't match her earlier accusation, and Bumblekit couldn't help but giggle. It was a familiar quip to flip on the trouble mode. All the lanky feline could do was eat it up greedily.

"Miss meany-paws!" Bumblekit echoed in a playful whisper, her green eyes sparkling with mischief. "Yeah, we should get rid of her." The thought of catching minnows and making their parents proud made her heart race with excitement. They definately wouldn't be mad if we brought something back? It was sound enough reason in her eyes.

Carawaykit's plan seemed daring and thrilling. She couldn't wait to be part of it. "I'm ready. Just tell me when." She whispered back, her feathery tail twitching with anticipation.

Whiler her sibling put their plan into action, Bumblekit watched in awe. Her sister was truly clever.

When the queen left to search for the supposed missing kit, the small feline didn't waste a moment. Bursting with energy, she dashed off after their sister, heart pounding with the thrill of a successful escape.

Pounding the earth with all the force she could muster it was a miracle when her eyes opened wide to see the outside of camp. Tall grasses, pebbles and reeds haphazardly strewn about. Taking that to mind she dropped low. Not wanting to alert any incoming patrols.

Surely, to the outside view her attempt was pitiable, but to her it was a strong attempt. Cautiously, she crept around until she could wave Carawaykit to a thicket of grasses tall and wide enough to hide them both. Slipping inside she waited to plot their next move.

carawaykit listened to paws skitter off in the distance as meany-paws turned tail. her dark muzzle cracked into a giddy grin as she followed in bumblekit's footsteps, turning over her shoulder and following her shadow of a littermate to safety from whatever tongue lashing she was going to recieve.

skidding to a halt, the tabby looked with the same marvel at uncharted lands, you could really see over here, much better than by the nursery. of course the whole 'surrounded by the river' thing made actually leaving pretty difficult, but carawaykit assumed this was a close second best. as quietly as she could, the kit slipped into the grasses and crouched down, peeking through the edge to take a better look at the near river.

a shady spot overhead, bumblekit had found a perfect hunting spot. ears twitching with excitement, she coaxed the other kit over to the bank with a quick wave of her tail. from what she heard, you were supposed to keep your shadow away from the fish so the didn't get scared, so that's what she did. peering down into the water, she spotted the school of minnows idly sitting under the surface and her grin widened.

"they're here, bumblekit!" she squealed with quiet excitement, shifting her paws happily. "okay, do you wanna try first?" her head turned with her question despite her eyes lingering on their future catches.

• CARAWAYKIT she/her, kit of riverclan, two moons
    carawaykit is a pretty longhaired silver tabby kitten with green eyes and a lithe frame. born into riverclan, she loves her home and has a deep fascination with becoming a warrior to provide for it. a highly spirited and adventurous kitten, she enjoys playing games and pushing boundaries.
    willowroot x poppysplash ↛ sister to bumblekit, tidekit, mosspaw, hazepaw, antlerpaw, and buckpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.