private UNDER THE CITY LIGHT \ lily pad

Mar 15, 2024

She knew Lily Pad as Howlingstar's kin, but very little more- but the sadness in her eyes was easy to place. Wolfwind's death had struck the clan stringly, a wave of poison that had extended beyond the fangs of the adder. The venom of suffering was custodian within them all, and Lily Pad especially had been withdrawn, Thundergleam had noticed. Monitoring eyes of rosy pink had overflowed with pity, and eventually Thundercleam could not stand idle any longer. Tentatively, kindly, she padded over to the warrior, a soft pity written in her eyes, a gentleness in her demeanour. A downy tail flicked warmly, and she sat a freshly-caught bird at Lily Pad's feet.

"Share with me?" she offered, a small smile. The sun was beginning to set, at last... it always took longer in these warmer months. The stars would smile down upon them, soon. "Will you look up to the stars, tonight? I know it can be painful to think about... but sometimes, I feel myself almost brushing pelts with StarClan." Perhaps knowing her kin was still silver at her side would soothe Lily Pad's soul.

\ @lily pad
penned by pin ☾