camp UNWIND 𓆞 REINFORCING DENS

I'm not able to do as much before, but how long has it been? The silver tom proceeds to gather as much bramble, bracken, and bundles of reed in order to get to work? What work you may ask? Well, perhaps he it's not as pressing as other concerns at the moment, but now with limited freedom bestowed upon him a realization has dawned on him. When was the last time they had reinforced the dens within camp? He understands their dens are quite sturdy, but over time the tightly woven reeds are not as tight as before. Besides, nothing was wrong with making the dens more sturdy? Typically the nursery has priority, but he decides to focus on reinforcing the nursery last. The warrior's den hasn't been maintained in some time now, which is understandable. Everyone's giving it their all and I should too.

And so the silver tom takes bits of reeds, bramble, and bracken, taking great care in tucking and intertwining them into the wall. Tying it off with tendril like reeds and repeating the process in areas in which he deemed needed to be strengthened. It has been some time since he's done some weaving, but he's far from terrible at it. His mind drifts to a memory from moons ago. With Cindershade, Lichenstar, Ferngill, and Snakeblink. Of happy days. He can remember Lichenstar awkwardly interrogating the inky warrior. Of Ferngill inquiry about tricks. Of Snakeblink ever kind answering Ferngill. Of Cindershade cursing because she kept snapping reeds.

Chuffs leave his his maw. Life wasn't easy back then either, but we could all smile and laugh about it. How many reeds did Cindershade snap again? The thumping of paw steps lulls him from his reminiscing. He's met with another clanmate, who he greets with a smile. "Oh! I, uhm, am reinforcing the dens. W-would you like to help?" A long tail points to the bundles of reed, bramble, and bracken. "Feel f-free to use those."

// fish bingo: tilapia!

Being back in camp felt unfamiliar and her skin pricked. It felt surreal and almost as a dream while she was caged in the massive twoleg monster. Her body felt tense and rigid and the voice of Pikesplash makes chill race up her spin and she turns to face him, chambray gaze focusing on him a minute. I'm safe. You're home. Troutsnout would comfort herself as she offers a weak smile and gives a dip of her crown in agreement. “Yeah, I'd like to help.” She responds as her gaze trails in the direction he pointed and notes the materials he collected.

It's been a few days since her escape and the malicious artificial scent of twoleg still seemed to sting to her coat, regardless of how much she cleaned her coat. Perhaps, she would have to take more drastic measures such as rolling in fish or mud to get rid of the stench. It had become faint now but her nose could smell it fresh as day, the horrible days stuck and often trying to protect her or Slateheart from the hands that tried to grab them. She grabs a bundle of the three and sits down, staring at them as her paws gently touched the reeds.

Was this all an illusion? How long had she been gone? Trout had found herself in an trance as she slowly weaved the materials into weak areas of the den wall, chambray gaze staring straight but seemingly lost. She had been going well until a snap catches her attention and she blinks after realizing a reed had broken. “Oh.” A murmur comes from her as she finally is no longer in a trance, shaking her crown slightly as she continues to go back to weaving.
speech

”Can I help?” Kitten paw’s move to stand at the feet of Troutsnout and Pikesplash. A small, innocent smile adorns her face. She looks at them with twinkling blue eyes that befit her name.

Though quiet and shy, Twinklekit was just like any other kit nearing the age of six moons. Eager to begin learning, always seeking ways to feel like an apprentice and not a meager kitten. Besides, RiverClan has had a rough past moon. If she could help in anyway, she wanted too. It made her feel good. ”I… I can go around and grab more reeds for you two to use? Or uhm- do you already have enough?” She shuffles her paws awkwardly. She doesn’t know how to weave yet, material collecting would be the best she could do- probably.
  • » Twinklekit
    » RiverClan Kit
    » She/her . AFAB
    » A pretty blue lynx sepia with blue eyes
    » ”Speech”thoughtsattack
  • » A meager kitten, defeating her is no boastful feat.
    » Excels in hiding, running from danger.
    » Fights defensively to survive.
    » May powerplay minor harm. Can powerplay healing

their return was unceremonious. quiet, tired, they drug themselves back to camp with heavy eyes and heavy limbs — heavy hearts in her family’s case, riverpaw’s blue splotched pelt nowhere to be seen in any of the twoleg’s metal hatchings. missing. missing missing, not just has been taken. not retrievable, unfindable. there was little energy from those rescued, from the rescuers themselves, from the kittypets that milled newly about their camp.. it would take time. to rest, to recover.. moonbeam had taught her the importance of that long ago.

lilac and alabaster curls still drip with water from a morning swim, sleeking to too - shown bones and the hollow of her slowly filling belly. the snap of reed inclines ears forward as she approaches troutsnout’s side, giving her a light brush along the flank with her own — friendly, curious, sugared amber eyes blearing up at her with a questioning squint. she seemed faraway as of late, not all there since she’d been brought back from the twoleg’s grasp.. she wants to ask. she doesn’t.

instead, twinklekit offers her assistance — shellpaw beams at her. she was growing up quick, nearly ready to be apprenticed. she remembers those days still vividly, eager and hot - pawed.. the medicine den had prolonged her moment in the sun. the girl thanks her stars her siblings would not face that same difficulty, ” that would be — a big help, twinklekit. we’ll.. go through them fast, if troutsnout keeps it up. “ a hoarse tease, voice ever gentle as she rounds pikesplash to pick up a few stalks herself, ” when.. when you come back, maybe i can show you.. how to weave a little? you’ll be doing it all your own so soon.. “

78127991_CB8CUpPRXAUSuLM.png
  • i.

• 75178334_B2nz6qRU6QTC3MQ.png

• SHELLPAW 𓆉 SHE / HER. SEVEN MOONS OLD, APPRENTICE OF RIVERCLAN, MENTORED BY LICHENTAIL ; SMELLS LIKE SALT & RIVER BLOOMS. HAZECLOUD xx LICHENTAIL, NIECE TO SMOKESTAR. PENNED BY ANTLERS ----------------- ° ❀ ⋆
    frail alabaster molly with lilac striping and watery amber eyes.
    78128298_wohFIHxKbNARetE.png
    she is pallid ; platinum splotched with ribbons of dovey lilac curls, wisped ends like memories of a distant shore and plush enough to conceal the juts of malnutrition beneath. tufted elderdown fur conceals a body worn fragile by tumultuous youth, too thin in some places and round with baby fat in others. her face is short - muzzled, framed half mast by eyes coined rheumy, rosen amber. the anemic cold pink - purple at tender paws and nose tell a lifetime of sickness, further made obvious by the feathering weakness in half - whispered tones.
    CHRONICALLY ILL ; prone to wheezing, nose at a constant drip from longterm illness - induced nasal polyps. not contagious.

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚. Though the reasons would not be shared by the medicine cat she had been keeping her distance from Pikesplash. He had not been injured and had not been put on any herb patrols with her thus far so it had been easy enough to do but she knew that she could not do this forever. Despite him doing one of the worst things a clan cat could do - not the worst by far but it was high on the list for Moonbeam - she could still appreciate the fact that so long as he stayed within the territory he was meant to live in Pikesplash did the right things. Reinforcing the dens was something that had been overlooked in all the chaos so it was good that he was doing so now, and it seems to have caught a crowd just as it had the last time they had been reinforced.

She watches as experienced paws weave through reeds to make sure dens were made sturdy and quietly eyes flick to those that began to gather, attention being grabbed by the small conversation had from Twinklekit and Shellpaw. "I think that's a great idea." She'd muse as she neared the two. Though Twinklekit didn't know how to weave reeds quiet yet she could help by gathering and Shellpaw offering to show the kit how to weave was a good idea too - give Twinklekit something to let her energy out on. "Why don't I come with you to gather reeds hmm? I can show you what the good ones look like and help you carry them back so we can bring more over."

76807578_J7HAFb99CicY51c.png

• --
  • flesh wounds
    ꕥꕥ infections
    aches & pains
    ꕥꕥꕥ illness
    ꕥꕥꕥ breathing
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ traveling
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ broken bones
    kitting
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ poisons
  • SH white masking cinnamon torbie w/orange eyes & small ears