VOTE POPPYSTAR ❧ chatting

Nov 22, 2022

"My fellow apprentices! WE ARE AT AN UNFORTUNATE TIME IN SHADOWCLAN HISTORY!" This meeting was meant for the other apprentice's, but Poppypaw's volume made sure that every cat in the camp was aware of it despite her insistence on the others remaining sublte and playing it cool. "Pitchstar is dead, may his stink drive the StarClan cats insane, but more importantly Chilledgaze is our leader now? UGH! GAG ME! NO WAY! I'm here to SUGGEST A NEW LEADER!" A white paw dragged across the ground, drawing a circle as she turned around to fully enclose herself within it.
"IT'S ME! Reasons I am better than Chilledstar in every way! PART ONE! I am fun! Chilledstar? BORING! SO BORING! I DIED TWICE LISTENING TO THEM TALK BEFORE! REASON TWO! CHILLEDSTAR IS NOT AS SMART AS I AM! If I was leader I would just make StarClan give ALL OF US nine lives so we can take over the forest! IMAGINE JUST GETTING THEM FOR YOURSELF! IT'S SELFISH! SELFISH!"
Who even liked Starclan? Bunch of mean old dead cats up in the sky, you would think Pitchstar would tell them to be nicer to ShadowClan but they hadn't clearly since they had to deal with Chilled as their leader, this was some kind of joke and she was blaming Pitchstar for it; that traitor! Bet he was up there living his best life-or death-eating all the fat ghost mice. Did mice go to StarClan? Being the eternal prey for some cats sounded a lot like a punishment? Maybe only bad mice went to StarClan. These were not important thoughts and she shook her head to focus.
"REASON TWO! ERM THREE! I MEANT THREE! POPPYSTAR SOUNDS COOLER THAN CHILLEDSTAR? CHILLEDSTAR IS COLD, LAME, REMINDS ME OF SNOW! I HATE SNOW! POPPYSTAR IS FUN TO SAY! POPPY ARE PRETTY! WE LIKE FLOWERS! FLOWERS MEANS NEWLEAF!"

Ravenpaw had been lying peacefully until the cry rang out. It was so loud it hurt her ears, and she raised her head to glare at Poppypaw with a scowl. If the other apprentice had any sense, she thought, she'd get the hint to keep her voice down. Unfortunately, sense was in short supply in Shadowclan.

With each word out of the fools mouth Ravenpaw's expression darkened. It was all nonsense and foolishness of course, that much was plain. Bothering everyone with it was an offense to the senses. That alone would not be worth disturbing herself over. It was the mention of her late brother that tipped the annoyance inside her into anger, though she would never say as much.

She lifted herself to her paws and stalked toward her denmate.

"PoppyPAW," Ravenpaw began with a low hiss, her tone dripping with venom. "Keep your frogbrained ideas to yourself rather than bothering the rest of us with them. You are barely fit to be an apprentice, much less leader." — ♕

It's no secret that Poppypaw is loud, but even so, her shouts startle Eeriepaw as they break through the quiet of camp.

Bat ears flatten in an attempt to dampen the noise, but it doesn't help much as shrill delusion fills the camp. Poppystar, she wants to be. A better leader than Chilledgaze could be, she claims. Eeriepaw blinks at that. He likes Chilledgaze just fine. Spectermask was their friend after all, the boy sees the two of them together often. He thinks they'll be a good leader, better than what Pitchstar was, at least.

So, Poppypaw's protests, her adamancy that she was better? It makes no sense. Even if he didn't like Chilledgaze, it would still be a ridiculous idea.

"... Why?" he asks, nose threatening to scrunch up at the thought of such a noisy leader in Poppystar. StarClan help them, if she actually becomes leader, one day.

Dogfur was no apprentice, but he was lounging In camp, halfway laying on his flank with his forepaws outstretched before him to get every inch of the sun that he could reach. He sneezed—the force of it shooting his head up and he blinked rheumy eyes up as a shrill voice assaulted his ears.

Only a few sentences in, Dogfur had decided it was not worth his attention. There was nothing consequential about Poppypaw's yelping. He would keep his politics close to his own chest.

"Hmm—" Dogfur licked his lips, folding his paws over each other and tucking his hind-legs underneath his rump. "Tough crowd." He yawned.

DON'T YOU GIVE ME UP, PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP

"poppystar, huh?"

the leader's voice seems to come from their new den as they walked towards the small gathering of cats. poppypaw in all of her glory– always so fucking loud and obnoxious. they'd hoped that it would be useful one day, but what the hell would she do? manage to talk the threat to death? scream at the prey until it drops dead? it was so unnecessary to be so loud. they didn't care what a silly little apprentice thought about their leadership. in fact, they didn't they cared what anyone thought of their leadership. it wasn't as if they could change it.

"you want to be leader, huh? fine. fight for it."

they are joking. they're not about to fight an airheaded kit for a spot upon clanrock, but they will play along. they'd play along until poppypaw went too far. she was on thin ice as it was with the leader.

"the only way you can be leader is if you beat me in a fight. come on. don't back down now, oh so wise leader. you gotta have some fight in you."

they lashed their tail, brows raising with faux threat. anyone with a brain could tell they weren't actually going to fight the apprentice. they were better than that.