wanderer — honeysplash

DUSKPOOL

fate leads the willing and drags the unwilling
Feb 18, 2023
anger makes you stupid . stupid gets you killed .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
A slow rasp rattled his chest, lungs soaking up the familiar scent of herbs with a slow inhale, narrowly overwhelmed by the powerful stench of prey resting heavily against his tongue, burning molten hues drifting to Honeysplash’s form within the medicine den. He rumbled in greeting, placing the mouse closest, muzzle wrinkling in tandem with a slow nudge, bringing it closer to the feline, wooly tail sweeping behind him in languid swirls. “Figured ya might be hungry.” He rumbled, tone deadpan.

He’d been in a similar position, pelt prickling with unease for his eye, moons ago when Bobbie was still new, learning when dogs sprung from the depths of darkness. Shouts rang, and a life taken brought a bitter taste, tongue pressing against the roof of his mouth, swallowing lightly. He shifted, falling against his haunches with a strained grunt, bones pulling alongside muscle drawing out a languid pulse. “How are ya holdin’ up, kiddo?” He hadn’t interacted with the feline all that much, sparingly so before the other vanished, returning moons later with horrific injuries. Being grounded to the medicine den couldn’t be any easier, no less frustrating with nothing to do but watch and let yer thoughts wander. “Thought ya might want someone to talk while yer stuck in yer healin’. Nearly ripped out my fur stayin’ cooped up in here.”

@Honeysplash
thought speech

It felt like they had been grounded by Dawnglare. They had tried to do something to help the clan or really anything to keep their paws busy, but it seemed so futile. Everything was against her healing correctly and it was driving her mad. She had been gone for months at this point and she couldn’t even serve her clan like she wanted too. She wanted to make it up to Blazestar and her sister for abandoning them.

Honeysplash had been laying in her nest when sounds of a cat walking in caught her attention. Her mossy green hues looked up at the sound and expected to see Dawnglare or Fireflypaw or someone she knew. Though to her surprise it was Duskpool. They hadn’t really talked all that much but he was a rather kind fella and it was awful nice of him to bring her food.

They had been taking their time with eating as they had been starving when they first arrived. Food hadn’t been easy to find in twolegplace and it showed in their skinny body, not just winter cold of course. “Thank you that’s very kind of you,” She murmured softly and looked down at them prey. Her stomachs growled and she bent down to take a small bite.

Duskpool then questioned how she was and she wanted to unleash the entirety of her feelings. Someone to talk to, someone to care about her for a little bit cause even her own sisters hadn’t come to visit her yet. She though had ot bite back the suffocating need to talk about her experiences and fears- Duskpool didn’t need to know this. He had plenty of other things to worry about than her own feelings.

I’ll be okay- I just want to get back out there and help,” They spoke softly and shrugged their lithe shoulders a bit, “How’re you?

"Speech"

living in a world so cold

anger makes you stupid . stupid gets you killed .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
He grunted in acknowledgment, watchin’ the other take the first bite of prey, tail flickering idly from where it lay. “Don’t need to thank me, kiddo.” He rumbled, timbre low. “Gonna need to get yer strength up if ya wanna get out here sooner en later.” He finished. He wasn’t a healer for a reason, more tuned in with the thrills of battle that hardened bruised skin, paws soaked in blood, cats and creatures alike. Nothin’ more than death in his wake, but he was a real stubborn one, ain’t much for quitting when he had his kin to think about.

The older warrior grimaced, brow sliding upward in contemplation before letting out a brief sigh, shaking his helm at the kid’s stubbornness. Still, admittedly, Duskpool had his stubbornness to worry about bothering the lot of ‘em with his strife, brought on by moons' worth of solitude and memories he squashed down into the back of his mind, free to collect dust and cobwebs until some part of him brought it back to the surface. “Ain’t gotta be strong with me, kiddo.” He rumbled, burning molten flickering, staring at Honeysplash, tone smooth. “Ain’t got nothin’ to worry about, kid. I ain’t someone ya gotta be strong with, but I know, I ain’t one to talk.” He cracked a half-hearted grin, turning his attention toward the medicine den’s entrance, ears angled forward, attentive.

“To answer yer question, I’m doin’ alright, kiddo.” He hummed, amused. “But you’ll be alright, just takes time that we ain’t all that patient for.”
thought speech

• Love
Reactions: wolfie
The young warrior was taken slight aback but the toms’ outright words of not needing to be strong, dismissing their thanks too but that wasn’t really an issue. Honeysplash adverted her gaze down to her paws and swallowed a bit thickly, she didnt need to pretend? There was so much emotion swirling in her stomach and chest that they didn’t know what to begin to do with the whole thing. What was the best course of action for wording how she felt? Where there even words?

A white paw picked at the prey for a moment as they gave a small quiver of their lower lip and they found slight comfort in the toms’ words. Yeah they were just being impatient about the whole thing but it was so lonely in the medicine den. Her friends hadn’t stuck around much and her sisters hadn’t come by. Quillstrike hadnt even come to say hello either and that hurt more than anything else.

Honeysplash then let a few tears roll down her face and she shook her head slightly, “I don’t feel very strong?” She admitted softly and her tail flicked behind her, “I just- i missed everyone so much and thought about you every day and the two leg place isn’t what i thought it was-,” She started to ramble as she tried to keep a sob from choking her throat. ​

"Speech"

living in a world so cold

don't raise your voice . improve your argument .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
He remained silent, burning molten staring at the prey beneath Honeysplash’s paws, wooly tail twitching against his side, gaze softening. He was a hypocrite, but it ain’t anything special. He’d done and said more lies than he could count on a single paw alone, no more truthful than his old man had been, but Duskpool wasn’t entirely deceitful, not with the pawful he cherished. Few and rare as they were. He nearly chuffed at the thought, light-hearted as it would have been, but nonetheless deprecating as that number grew fewer and farther between.

He rumbled, soft and soothing. “Ya got here, didn’t ya?” The upwalkers were another thing, cruel as some could be, Duskpool had faced their wraith far too many times to count, but it wasn’t that knowledge that made him say it. Honeysplash was strong in her own right, returning with a broken limb and bloodied wounds. He breathed softly, dark lips tilted upward in a bittersweet smile, tail curling tighter around his forelimbs. “You’ll get there, kiddo. Ya got a sound head on yer shoulders, just look at this old fool, bet you’ll be runnin’ circles around me in no time.” He rumbled, timbre low-sounding, sounding like low rolling thunder.

With a steady breath, Duskpool hummed. “It sure isn’t, huh, kiddo?” He commented, glancing upward, burning molten narrowing. “It ain’t what it all caked up to be.” He confirmed, mangled ears twitching, molten hue sliding to Honeysplash, expression grim. “Ain’t gonna assume what ya went through, but be proud kiddo; sure as hell ain’t fair what ya had to go through, but yer here, ain’t ya, battered as ya are.” He rumbled.
thought speech