private Warrior of the mind ☆ Beepaw

Asphodelrain

Slave to self-righteousness
Nov 1, 2023
*+:。.。 "Beepaw!"
Asphodelpaw was fuming. His icy eyes had become a never-ending boil since the execution order, the steam only serving to fill his thoughts with fog and distrust, the images of his clanmates become more like aspirations waiting to strike rather than the cats he'd grown up learning to trust and serve. It'd been bad enough fearing the depths of his homeland's river - now he couldn't trust his homeland to begin with! And yet it was he who got punished for calling out the hidden dangers! No cat was more patriotic than Asphodelpaw!
Not even, it seemed, Riverclan's very own princess.

"What was that back there?" Asphodelpaw bounded to catch up to the ebony feline, rounding around her to block her path before she could escape into the apprentice's den for the night. Now that Lichentail had grounded him, he couldn't track her down in the privacy of the forest or training grounds, so the cover of night was all he had. And in all the time it took him, waiting for Beepaw to return from training, Asphodelpaw only grew angrier.
Addled in mind and spirit, the apprentice would blurt out - without thinking or perhaps without care - "Why did I defend your father's honor more than you?! His own daughter!"

@BEEPAW

• GENERAL:
    Asphodelpaw
    DMAB— He/Him — Unsure
    8 moons — Ages 1 moon every month real-time
    Mentored by Crashingtide
    Riverclan — Apprentice

COMBAT:
    Physically easy | mentally medium
    Attack in bold #9fc3fc
    injuries: None currently

bee_banner.png

I HEARD, I HEARD ACROSS THE MOONLIT SEA — She had been tired from training though she'd never complain about it since she's improving her skills but the fact that Asphodelpaw decided to wait for her return only to block her way to the apprentices den while her muscles ached, Beepaw locks her mismatched eyes on him in a brief warning that he was beginning to get on her nerves. "What was what? You making an idiot of yourself? That was your own doing," The bicolored molly says coolly shaking her head at him "And of all places to pick an argument, the nursery? Really? Save the queens, kittens, and my kin the trouble." Her feathery tail sweeps behind her impatiently, a part of her wants to shove him out of the way so she could rest for the next day but he's angry at her which she finds the slightest bit amusing. The amusement died quickly as the next words dropped from his jaw and her pupils narrowed into dangerous slits, the fur along her neck prickling in the slightest, and her snout scrunching up as she did her best not to snap one of his stupid ears off of his head.

"You really think what you did back there was defending his honor? All you did was spat in his face." Bee growls with her ears laying flat against her skull, "Whether you like it or not, I'm sure that my father had it planned for the Ripple Colony to join us and Smokestar simply carried out his wishes. I didn't know either of them had to ask a swiveling, dumb, minnowbrained fool for permission because his pride was hurt the other day cause of his own stupid actions." Her verbal attack dripped with venom and she thinks that he's lucky that she didn't choose to simply shove him out of the way or worse. Beepaw thinks briefly of Lichentail only to snort in annoyance and glares daggers at Asphodelpaw, he's a coward for seeking her out when most of their clanmates are sound asleep and not doing it in broad daylight. She's certain the deputy and her father would get a kick out of it.

"Now move out of the fucking way." She snaps coldly to him as she stands upright, her tone indicating that she won't take no for an answer. He may be older than her by a moon but that didn't mean he was stronger than her or clearly smarter than her given his poor decisions, Beepaw would've thought that after he had gotten in trouble that he would shape up and prove to Lichentail that he could do better and earn his right out of camp again but no... Here he is, a bumbling idiot that's choosing to speak just as foolishly and getting on her nerves quick. "Or I'll move you out of the way myself." Her final warning.

beebottombanner.png

• Untitled283_20231212190913.png
    shorthaired black smoke molly w/low white and mismatched eyes
    oftentimes comes off as untrusting of those around her, closed off, and not the easiest to engage in conversation with, she's not easy to befriend. all her opinions are IC only.
    7 moons old; ages the 10th every month
    sexuality unknown; currently interested in no one
    currently being mentored by smokestar
    firstborn daughter of cicadastar and smokestar
    sister of cicadapaw and starlightpaw
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

Last edited:
*+:。.。 When he met those dual-colored eyes, he knew he was in for a fight. Asphodelpaw's hackles bristled as his fellow apprentice immediately jumped into the talk with insults, startled yet again by another clanmate not seeing his intentions for what they'd been. "I'll give you that the nursery wasn't the best place-" he relented, only to raise his voice again, "But-" Only for the girl to seemingly snap free of her whittling patience.
He's left in silence for a moment, startled by her vitriol. When he got his bearings, he realized she'd thought he was referring to Cicadastar - but it was Smokestar Asphodelpaw had been trying to defend! She had to understand that! "I'm not referring to Cicadastar, though even then I doubt he'd have accepted those rats had he known how little they respect our clan."
When she bared her warning, though, Asphodelpaw's ears would flatten harder against his head.
Lowly, the older tom would hiss, "Do not threaten me Beepaw." He had enough of the shadows lurking in the river, more than enough seeing them reflected in the eyes of the Ripple-rats, he would hold no patience for the same in his own clan-mate's. Especially not from some prissy princess stuck on her high horse. He didn't know what impression she'd gotten out of him after the events that had unfolded, but he wasn't some scoundrel hungering for blood. He wanted justice, he wanted his home to be safe! "They're a danger to our clan" one final attempt to get her to see his side, though meeting her volatile gaze he doesn't see why he's bothering, "and unlike you, I refuse to let the heart of our home crumble from within. They're our enemies until they prove themselves. Though I suppose it's not just them anymore."
He sniffs disgustedly, stepping to the side to let her do as she pleases, "This was a waste of time. I can't believe Riverclan's finest" he practically spits out the word, "has just as little honor as the rogue borns."

• GENERAL:
    Asphodelpaw
    DMAB— He/Him — Unsure
    8 moons — Ages 1 moon every month real-time
    Mentored by Crashingtide
    Riverclan — Apprentice

COMBAT:
    Physically easy | mentally medium
    Attack in bold #9fc3fc
    injuries: None currently