camp wasteland, baby — sick

it's not my fault i have my father's eyes .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
He stared at the barely eaten mouse resting idly before him, laughable, if Littlepaw was being honest with himself. It wasn’t even a bite. His chest rattled with coughs, drawing a pained wheeze from the black-and-white apprentice, stomach queasy from another day of no appetite. He’d been diligent in keeping his appetite, or lack of from everyone. Not that it was hard to hide it. Another love-hate relation with being small and unsavory.

He felt a whine bubble out from his mouth, eerie blue hues hidden to shield the worst of the morning sun, helm giving a slow, painful throb, paw reaching to press against his temple hoping to ease the terrible thump. It helped a little. Only a short while until he moved did a low whine escape a buried maw.

He wondered, sluggishly if skin tearing was worse than this. No. The scars that pulse and pull couldn’t possibly be compared to being sick. Weak limbed, but not bleeding.

Littlepaw had planned to seek Dawnglare after he’d eaten, but well—his head pulsed. Right. That was why he hadn’t yet. He curled up even tighter, barely noticeable, but for once, the apprentice hoped someone came to poke at his shivering corpse, coughing and pulling in wheezing breaths, feverish to the touch, to grab Dawnglare because he couldn’t … he couldn’t afford this. He still had things to do, training until his paws crusted with dried blood.
thought speech

As daylight waned into the afternoon sun and Dogbite squeezed through the bramble entrance. Taking on the role as Lead Warrior had left little room for him to dally but he was distracted knowing Littlepaw still hadn't come out. Concern etched itself plainly on the scarred tabby as he peered off to the apprentices den. Idly, stepping away from his group of warriors to survey the area. Their gut twisted with suspicion at the strange sense of something amiss. I should check on him. It wasn't unlike his subordinate to sulk or slink off somewhere but usually the older feline was able to keep tabs on the black and white cat.

Nosing through the entrance he squinted in the gloom to spot a familiar ball of fur. Scrunched up and muffling soft sounds of discomfort. Dogbite's tail went up in alert as he quickly stepped to the paws' side. Unable to spot any physical ailments or injuries he asks in a low warbling voice. "Littlepaw?" Fret trickles into their tone as he bends down beside the smaller tom. "Hey, is everything okay? What's wrong?" Gently, he aimed to nudge their ear. Hoping to garner the younger Skyclanner 's attention.

• image.png

• ———✧———​
    ✧ LH cinnamon tabby w/high white one blue eye
    ✧ child of npc x npc ; sibling to crescent and bear
    ✧ skyclan lead warrior ; ex-loner ; mentor to littlepaw
    ✧ 32 moons old ; birthday 07/01 ; ages realistically
    ✧ AFAB ; nonbinary ; he/they
    ✧ pansexual ; polyromantic ; single
    "speech", thought, attack, powerplay
    ✧ peaceful powerplay allowed
    ✧ penned by tasmagoric
    ———✧———​

Howlfire was no stranger to a loss of appetite. Sometimes when she had felt down in the past she had struggled to eat, only managing a few half-hearted mouthfuls before passing it on to someone else. Other times she would simply force herself to eat, knowing that even if she didn't have the appetite for it, one small meal was better than none.

Even before Dogbite approached, Howlfire had eyed Littlepaw curiously, watching as the apprentice stared at the mouse in front of him, barely even managing a mouthful. Howlfire pads over after Dogbite, lingering behind slightly, but no less concerned. "Is everything alright?" She asks, looking at Dogbite first and then at poor Littlepaw. "You've scarcely touched your mouse."

STILL DON'T KNOW MY NAME

the tom's ears pinned against his head as he watched from the outside of the medicine cat den. was little paw okay? everyone seemed to be asking that, and yet to have received an answer. was he not hungry? that didn't look too good. the apprentice had two choices. ignore it, and given into the futile attempts of the sheep who were determined to rest, or get up and be useful. be useful. he stands, wincing slightly, making his way over to littlepaw, and bumping his head against dogbite in greeting, before blinking at the apprentice.

"do you need dawnglare or fireflypaw?"

he hopes that littlepaw would be okay.

It was extra, really. the coughing, the hacking. Too many cats, some moons ago, had simply not been hungry, and then a day or so later, they would wind up in his den, Yellowcough - stricken. It's a strange thing that sickness does to a body. Perhaps the lack of appetite was so that it could kill you all the more quickly. Perhaps so it could finish whatever their victim had not, upon its ghoul - like crawl from the corpse. It's invisible to the likes of them, thankfully, but Dawnglare is sincere in it's belief. With one - too - many legs it slinked his way across their clearing, dipping into the ears of a newly - infected. The eyes, the nose...

There is a small crowd gathered, already — more noses to crawl into... Bumping his way past Drowsypaw — and to him, a meaningful look is briefly shared — Dawnglare cranes his neck down to Littlepaw. His shuddering did quite well to prove his sickness to him without further measure. " Luckily for you both, I am already here, " his mew is unexpectedly gentle, even to himself. His tail sweeps in a tentative touch to the apprentice's side, to stir him, if Dogbite or Howlfire were unable to already. " Littlepaw, I can get you something to ease the pain, if you come with me. " he goads. " ...Dogbite can help you if you need it, " he offers on the lead warrior's behalf, though he is certain that they would not mind. Not to mention – who were they to deny him?

" Downypaw will be joining us as well, " he adds with a narrowed look to the dark apprentice. A feathery tail flicks incessantly, gesturing toward his den.
EpC61GT.png

• geLHt4I.png

• ( I'M AS ALIVE AS HER BEARD IS LONG ) DAWNGLARE Medicine Cat of SkyClan. Mentoring Fireflypaw
    𓆩♡𓆪 He / him , deeply confused by the use of other pronouns
    𓆩♡𓆪 Currently 61 moons old as of 2.1.24. Mated to Mallowlark

Unsettling and strange, Dawnglare bears a unique perception to the world and stars above on top of a generally unpleasant disposition. Holds others to uniquely impossible standards and himself undeniably above the rest. Delusional and very much stuck in his ways. The death of his closest friend has helped him none, in this
    Mood is decided by dice - rolls per thread, with the exception of some important threads