private WATCHING THE WORLD FROM THE SIDELINES [✦] caterpillarpaw

He'd always thought Siltcloud and Caterpillarpaw were an odd pairing, even long before the warrior's brother had been thrown out of Chilledstar's den by Smogmaw. Long before the truth had spilled from the gray tom's mouth, before Siltcloud's compliance to Granitepelt's crimes had been known. He'd thought the pairing to be strange, thought it to be a concern as once ever-tired, patchworked limbs returned to camp.

And yet, Spectermask's discovery mourns. She begged for her mentor's forgiveness, for her to stay. She aided in the death of his friends, Siltcloud — aided in the death of too many. And yet, Caterpillarpaw mourns. Would he do the same, if Spectermask did similar?

A dark gaze finds the blind apprentice before she can find him, long limbs pacing toward the apprentice. " I'm sorry, " he marks his presence with, lacking the words to make any of this better. He's sorry that Siltcloud is bad; sorry that he is still an apprentice — that he hadn't become a warrior sooner to protect the kid from any of this. Caterpillarpaw didn't deserve any of this —but neither did Ghostpaw, Poppypaw, Tornadopaw. ​
border2.png
  • // @CATERPILLARPAW.
  • 74597010_gbJle40pG2JetDM.png
    ???EERIEKITEERIEPAW
    ── Apprentice of ShadowClan

── ??? x ???
    ── AMAB; He/Him
    ── A spindly black tom with unblinking, dark brown eyes.
    ── Mentored by Spectermask
    ── "Speech"; Attack

• Wow
Reactions: CATERPILLARFUZZ.
BLINDED BY THE LIGHTS

her stomach hurts. her head hurts. her paws hurt. she hurts. everything from physically to emotionally, she's just in pain. but it doesn't feel right. it feels... fake. like she shouldn't be so upset. not like her new mentor, lilacfur, who was in love with siltcloud. not like applepaw, who's mentor was the forefront of the all the horrors. not like nettlepaw, flintpaw, and starlingheart who had lost two family members in one fell swoop. and yet... she was. she couldn't stop crying. she thought she ran out of tears but this is re-tearing old wounds they swore had closed. she thought she was over the idea of being left behind but it had never been that simple.

she sniffles, tail curling around her pathetically as she whimpers into the fluff of her tail. she only stops when she heard paws crunching near her. she wipes her face, turning to face eeriepaw with a slow blink as she "looks" at eeriepaw.

"h-hi..."

her voice is... scratchy from the sobbing. she sounds pathetic. she feels more so.

"you're... s-sorry? you don't have to be sorry. you... didn't do anything... right? you didn't do anything that's gonna make you leave me, too, right?"

The little shadow looks worse for wear, all curled in on herself, trembling with tears. Mourning. She cries for a traitor, a murderer — her mentor. Siltcloud hurt her too. Perhaps not with claws, but the fiend struck Caterpillarpaw down all the same, in guidance thick with lies and deceit.

" Hello, " Eeriepaw returns when blinded eyes begin their search for him. His apology is met with confusion, with worn down words tattered by hardly-stifled tears. The tortoiseshell claims he has nothing to be sorry about, but he does, he really does — he should've been a warrior by now, he should've been her mentor, he should've —

"You didn't do anything that's gonna make you leave me, too, right?"

Bat-sharp ears fold back at Caterpillarpaw's inquiry, and Eeriepaw shakes his head — swiftly, as if to shake away the sorrow her words bring to him at the thought.

" No! No, I am staying, " he assures her in juddered locution, his voice a pebble skipping over the marsh's stream. " This — ShadowClan is home. I am not leaving. " It was Siltcloud's home, Granitepelt's too, he remembers. But they're gone now, exiled for the heartless scorn they caused, the lack of care for the marshes — the cats — they lived among.

Eeriepaw isn't like them, he knows; he hopes. ShadowClan hadn't been their home in the same way it had been his. Perhaps it's the foundling in him that provides a fuller heart to the marshes that raised him.

" For Siltcloud. I am sorry. " he tells her, moving to sit beside the younger apprentice — a foundling just as him, one held under the care of Spectermask all the same. " I am not a warrior. I could have been your mentor. Instead you cry. " ​
border2.png
  • 74597010_gbJle40pG2JetDM.png
    ???EERIEKITEERIEPAW
    ── Apprentice of ShadowClan

── ??? x ???
    ── AMAB; He/Him
    ── A spindly black tom with unblinking, dark brown eyes.
    ── Mentored by Spectermask
    ── "Speech"; Attack