WE’LL ALWAYS HAVE PARIS - figpaw

Dec 12, 2022

Fanta's life up until this point was pretty routine. She woke up, her twolegs filled her bowl with some dry pellets, she ate the pellets which were good, don't get her wrong they just seemed to be missing a certain something. After she ate her breakfast they let her outside where she was free to explore her garden all she wanted. Of course, she could always leave it if she cared to but really, she didn't. The twolegs would leave to go somewhere and Fanta was free to come and go from the house that she had all to herself anytime she wanted. When they would return home later that night she would bump her head against their legs, tell them how much she had missed them and they would lean down and scratch her chin that way she liked. They would feed her her dinner, more dry pellets but this time accompanied by a delicious wet paste and outside would be closed off to her. They would all settle down together, usually with Fanta curled up on one of their laps or at the foot of their bed. It was not a bad life. Whenever the twolegs had time to, they paid her plenty of attention. They changed out her bandana frequently they pet her and they fed her. There is not more a cat could want. And yet, today it all felt like it was not enough.

The brown and white she cat does not know what compels her that day to break free of this routine, what drives her to gather her hindquarters and leap first to the top of her fence and then down the other side into the strange and foreboding forest. She had, of course, heard the tales about the strange cats who lived there. Who hadn't? But she mostly just chalked it up to myth. A fantasy created to scare kits and she wasn't a kit anymore! She was brave.

She moves confidently through the trees, though she does not go too far away from her home. She is not brave enough to let the place leave her site, not yet anyways. It is almost chance that a mouse happens to stumble across her path and without thinking of it she drops down into a hunters crouch, gathers her hindquarters and pounces.

It's a sloppy catch, a kit in the clans that she does not yet know actually exist could do better and yet the prey dangles from her mouth. Immediately when blood hits her tongue she knows what those dry pellets her twolegs had been feeding her had been missing. Perhaps she should take it back to them and show them. She turns to head back to her twoleg nest.

// @FIGPAW

IMG_0038.gif

"Hey, wait!" A demanding cry booms from the forest, though there is no sight of its source. Instead there was the sound of rustling foliage and snow cracking under paws, whoever had made the call was rapidly gaining on Fanta.

The kittypets who usually entered the territory already had the scent of nature clinging to their pelts. They were "outdoor cats", kittypets whose twolegs allowed them to reside in the twoleg nest and outside of it as well. This cat though stunk simply of twoleg, as if they scarcely or even never had touched foot outside their enclosure until today. The sloppy kill had caused the mouse's blood to drain rapidly, that was the scent that had caused Fanta's pursuer to catch her first... It only took the slightest drop of blood in the vicinity for a hungry wild cat to pick up on it, and even in chase the feline's maw watered.

Whether Fanta grew fearful and decided to bolt, the chaser manages to catch up- even with just three legs. The whole thing was fresh to her still, but she's learned quickly, she's had to. The figure that stands before the bandana wearing kittypet was hardly intimidating, just a young red tabby, she was pretty and had a friendly aura about her. They called her Figpaw.

Through pants she says, "That's SkyClan prey... you can't have it." she knows the kittypet before her must get fed, she was not nearly in as rough of shape as Figpaw or other fulltime SkyClan cats. "...Usually I try not to be so- offensive- but, my clan really needs all we can get." She offers further in explanation, green eyes pleading that the other she-cat doesn't make this a fight.

55417772_ks6HUyroX73gwyT.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· FIGPAW, AMAB — she / her
╰ ‣ 9 moons .
╰ ‣ skyclan apprentice . believes in starclan, doesn't fully understand

╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, smells like pine nettles & sap, status — 100%
╰ ‣ A red tabby she-cat with orange eyes. Mangled right hind leg.

╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ENFP-A ❝
CAMPAIGNER❞ , Gryfindor, Lawful Good
╰ ‣ Excitable, generous, caring, quick-to-act, daft, naive
╰ ‣ finds relative ease relating to others . kind-hearted, will show mercy

╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· NPC X DAISYFLIGHT, sister to Greenpaw, Violetpaw, Snowpaw & Butterflypaw
╰ ‣ Pansexual . mistakes admiration for romantic feelings
╰ ‣ Apprentice to Tallulahwing
╰ ‣ poor fighter . okay hunter .
╰ ‣ unlikely to start fights . will flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.

Fanta startles when she hears the voice behind her, she hadn't heard the red tabby approach. Quietly she wonders how that is possible, she feels like in the short time she had been out here she's managed to step on every twig and leaf in the whole forest. It was a wonder she hadn't been discovered sooner. The unknown she cats words confuse her. SkyClan? She has zero clue what that means but her yellow eyes drift to her leg and she can't help but wonder what happened. In fact, everything about this she cat screamed about the rough life she had lived. Her fur was not as clean as Fanta's, she did not look as well-fed, and of course, there was the matter of her leg. But under all the grime there is a certain charm to this she-cat that makes Fanta's heart stutter, ever so slightly.

"SkyClan?" she echoes, confused, blinking at the red tabby that now stood before her. Every muscle in her body is tense, but she does not seem like the savages she had heard about in stories told to her by the neighbor cats. She looks down at the mouse and then at Figpaw before taking a paw and pushing the prey in her direction. It was clear that she needed it more than her. "Here you can have it" she says, heart twisting at her words. "If ya want food I have plenty back at my nest" she tells her, though she is not sure why. Her mouth works faster than her brain. Ma had always told her not to invite strangers into her nest but Figpaw looked like she could use a good meal and Fanta had plenty to spare. "My name is Fanta by the way" if she was going to invite this cat over for a meal, and give away the one she had just caught, they at least should know each other's names right? Admittedly she is disappointed she has to give her catch up but one look at the red tabby tells her that its a necessary sacrifice. Perhaps she could catch another?

IMG_0038.gif

During the short amount of silence between kittypet and clan cat, Figpaw observes the accessory she wears. Instantly she is reminded of her sister who wears a yellow one, but this cats was orange with an interesting details she could not describe. The best her mind comes up with for what was suppose to be soda fizzling were “light orange circles atop an orange background”. It was funky… she liked it!

At first, Figpaw is confused at the kittypets confusion. Yeah, SkyClan, she almost responds, but she gets the feeling this kittypet never even heard of SkyClan! This is shocking to the ginger girl, most outsiders if not all shes ran across knew of their existence. They were widely known by the outdoor cats in the Twolegplace, or so she had thought! ”Oh- we’re a clan… they’re my family, and we live in this forest.” She’s never had to explain what a clan was before, did this suffice?

Regardless, the brown and white tabby gives her kill up in a polite manner. Figpaw smiles and dips her head gratefully, the she-cat even offers her food from her nest! Did kittypets really have that much to spare? She supposed… Tallulahwing and other daylight warriors were still well fed despite everything.”Oh… I don’t know- I don’t think I’m suppose to.” The girl meows hesitantly, nose twitching. Her stomach did growl… and she knows she will get very little to eat tonight. Would it not help her clan if she ate from this felines nest? She did always wonder what kittypet food tasted like… apparently it wasn’t very good.

Confliction eats her up, ”How far away is your nest?” That would be the deciding factor.

Fanta, a weird name as all kittypets were, but it was fun. ”And I’m Figpaw. But hopefully not for much longer, my warrior ceremony is in a couple of moons.” She blurts, already forgetting it was possible for this feline to not have a clue what a warrior ceremony was.

╰ ‣ 9 moons .

· ENFP-A ❝

Fanta thinks she understands what a clan was. From the sounds of it, it consisted of Figpaw and her family. She nods her head to the red tabbies words "In that case my housefolk and I must be a clan!" she says excitedly. In her mind her words rang true. If a clan was a cat and their family that made them a clan right? "I wonder what our clan name would be?" she speculates out loud "Ya got any ideas?" perhaps they could be called something fun like Red Dot Clan or Crinkly Ball Clan! But Figpaw was the apparent expert here, she would know better than Fanta would.

She is pleasantly surprised when the she cat actually accepts her invitation, or at least when she shows interest by asking how far it is. "Its only a few paces thataway" she says, indicating with one chocolate dipped paw in the direction of her nest. She could see the fence from here. "The food isn’t as great as mouse blood but ya don’t have to catch it and its not too bad once you get used to it!" she informs her, hoping that information would sway her further in the direction of coming with her. It would be nice to have a friend. She had been the only cat in her litter and she was the only cat in the house. As much as she loved her twolegs she had to admit it did get lonely sometimes.

Figpaw huh? That was such a cute name! But she doesn’t understand the ‘paw part or the part where she wouldn’t be Figpaw for long, or even the part about warriors. It sounded scary though! "if your name won’t be Figpaw what will it be?" she asks, genuinely curious she wants to ask so much more, like what’s a warrior, and what had happened to her leg, and if living in the woods was hard. It looked like it was, but Fanta would have time to ask later. For now, she did not want to be rude and bombard her with questions.

IMG_0038.gif

Figpaw blinks, ”Oh- no, I don’t think quite.…” she tries to correct with a sheepish grin. ”Twolegs can’t be apart of a clan… you have to live in the forest. I think a clan has to be more than just a couple cats too, there’s a ton of cats in SkyClan and all the others. Plus you have to believe in StarClan.” Was this better explanation…? Gosh… now that she really thought about it there were a lot of specifics to what made a clan. It came naturally to her as someone clan-born, but it wouldn’t for Fanta. Hopefully she wouldn’t have to explain all the intricacies, they’d be here all day!

Figpaw looks in the direction of the kittypet’s chocolate paw, it wasn’t far away at all. Well… she supposed it wouldn’t hurt…? She gives a glance around her as if to make no patrols had snuck up on them before nodding, ”Okay, sure, thank you! But I can’t be away long.”

When asked what her name will be she shrugs, ”I don’t know. My leader will pick when I graduate.” She explains, ”I’ll still be Fig, just not Figpaw. It isn’t too scary… I’ve gone through it once before when I was a kitten and went by Figkit.”

╰ ‣ 9 moons .

· ENFP-A ❝