private we all fall down | chilledstar

scorchfrost

warrior
Oct 24, 2022

Dusk was closing in as Scorchfrost made his way back to camp, paws sore and muck stuck to his pelt. He'd been on an odd patrol and found his energy waning from the sheer irritation of it. He'd caught a small rat and other on the patrol had managed to get a few more bits and pieces, but nothing substantial. He was glad that the freshkill pile was doing decently or he might have committed to going hungry.

The senior warrior had only just dropped his catch in the pile when he just about ran into another cat, catching himself before he stumbled into their side. " My apologies, uh- " He looked up to see who it was and cast his gaze upon the leader. " Chilledstar. " He'd not interacted with this leader much, had barely been in camp long enough to know anyone since Pitchstar died, so we wasn't entirely sure of what to do next. " All is well? "
[ YOU CAN'T BREAK MY SPIRIT ]

Last edited:
DON'T YOU GIVE ME UP, PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP

the leader had been getting restless being in camp. they understood why the queens wanted to.leave so much but they needed to set an example themself, didn't they? so they stayed put, even though they didn't stay resting when they probably should have. they're being careful not to open their healing wounds, that much is clear. but they don't expect to nearly stumble into one of the oldest members of shadowclan. they take a step backwards, gently tipping their head in response.

"it's quite alright."

they take a second, tail lashing back and forth before they laugh, shaking their head.

"I've certainly been better my friend. not every day a cat dies at the paws of a cat they share blood with. ah, but enough about me. how have you been fairing? working hard, I'm sure, but are you taking breaks?"

Scorchfrost couldn't say he'd been expecting what Chilled said. He'd thought they'd pass some small talk before going off to do their own thing. The whole 'I died at the hands of family' was a bit.. much to suddenly take in. " I.. uh. " He was thrown for a loop. " I mean, I'm taking more breaks than I used to. Old bones and all. " He was just going to bypass that whole whirlwind.
" Our young warriors are doing well but, perhaps, too curious. I feel as though they need to stay monitored.. much to my bodies dismay. " He just couldn't keep up with constant patrols of youth. The spirit was willing but the body was weak.
[ YOU CAN'T BREAK MY SPIRIT ]