WE ARE WE ( squirrel )

Stress and the residue of ire rest on a skull white maw. Black lined lips fidget over teeth from the tick of headache’s threatening peck from a small nagging beak of songbird. The lack of sleep is painted in red and grey under his eyes, his lower lid twitches on occasion the more the Windclan patrol scene plays out in his head. Seething for hours, he was left in a state of pensive numbness. His chin propped on a knuckled paw, hoisted up on elbow. He looked like a contemplating thorn shrub.

" evening, little fawn " he spots the blue hinted coat of Squirrelpaw, willing his maw into a treacherous smile. A grime ridden display, blood dried in the cracks of his teeth it’s not a pleasing sight but a warmth reserved for few. " you should join me. Let’s have our own little patrol ….the rockpile… eastern side of our territory. " he suggests, rising with a shake of his nettle covered pelt.

farthest territory from Windclan, " you can tell me about your first day of training " he suggests. The void Coyotepaw had left in his daily life, the emptiness was resurfacing bad memories. A past spent on the snowy twoleg streets alone. Thistleback didn’t realize how much of his routine had been invested into his adoptive son.

" I need to get out of here before I bite someone " it’s a lighthearted joke, he pads toward camp exit with slow and precise steps.

• @squirrelpaw

• — Thistleback | thirty-two moons | cis-male
    — warrior of Skyclan | leaves rarely
    — bisexual | fallen for Deersong 9.29.22
    — formerly mentoring Coyotepaw
    — very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes. Wears a purple collar with brass clasp.
  • bVBPWus.png