private WE DO FORGET FACES — cherrypaw

✿—— the small tabby makes her way hesitantly towards a calico form, half-tail flicking nervously behind her. it's not that she's intimidated by cherrypaw, exactly—for one thing, it would be silly to be afraid of talking to an apprentice. it's just that it shocks her, how such a young cat can be so confident ... some would say excessively so; that and her mother is a whole other story. orangeblossom is decidedly intimidating, even if her daughter is not. regardless, cherrypaw is crowpaw's friend, and that's what matters, isn't it? it would be good to speak to the younger shecat who will be training alongside her kits for the coming moons, sharing a den and conversation; if nothing else, bobbie is friendly. she does not have it in her heart to refrain from speaking to any cat, not if she can help it; nervous as she might be, she likes to speak to others, to share things.

"cherrypaw?" she mews, somewhat tentatively, padding towards the white-splashed apprentice and meeting moon-yellow eyes with her own green. one ear flicks, and she pauses, hoping to lay and rest her sore muscles; warriorhood has begun to take its toll, though she hopes it will subside as she grows used to her new duties. she tips her head, indicating her own fur slightly mussed by patrols and training and climbing practice, mewing politely, "would you like to share tongues? perhaps talk about y-your training, how you and crowpaw are adjusting?"

• ooc: @Cherrypaw !!
  • 68403446_KpQyDZrn5ORVKjb.png
  • ❀ bobbie — for her kithood love of bobby pins
    she/her ; cisgender female — skyclan — queen — 40 ☾s
    —— smells like sweet lavender & tea leaves ; sounds like sansa stark ; speech in #D64933, thoughts in #B1C797
    —— peaceful / healing powerplay permitted ; attacks/contact in underline ; won’t start fights ; will flee ; will show mercy ; won't kill or maim
    —— pansexual panromantic monogamist, divorced, not looking ; open to friendships, enemies, casual interactions, plotting ; not open to unplanned romance & unplanned battles
    penned by dejavudesklamp9 on discord for plots
  • shhh don't look here (battle info will go here at some point)

One, flame-touched ear twitches at her name. The syllables are unfamiliar in this mouth, elongated and softened, someone she really only knows through circumstance. She twists her head over her shoulder, eyes alighting on the brindled form of her friends' mother. "Hi, Bobbie." Cherrypaw's gaze darts down to the warrior's pelt, then her own; their similarly-long locks are somewhat tousled from a day's work, forming foreign, unsightly whorls. "Sure."

Slate doesn't want anything of her right now, or at least as far as she remembers, so she happily folds herself down for a grooming session. She starts with Bobbie's half-tail first, gathering a clump of it in her mouth to work at with her tongue. "Crwpwwf?" Cherrypaw blinks at her, but it takes another second for her to detangle the fur from her mouth. "I'm okay. I don't like Slate," she muses plainly. "Crowpaw doesn't like Silversmoke either." She doesn't actually know, but based on how she knows him and how similar Silversmoke and Slate are, she can make a guess. And to her, her own guesses are as good as fact. "Lupinepaw is good with Dandelionwish though." As for Drowsypaw, she hasn't been around the girl much, ever since they'd had their little spat a moon ago. She's still okay with her though; it's not like she's Plaguepaw or Doompaw.​

✿—— the apprentice's eyes, yellow as the newest moon, make an unsurprising dart to the messy pelt she wears more often than not. her tail twitches, the warrior's own eyes glancing about before taking heed from cherrypaw and settling down alongside the apprentice. she's still growing used to the tradition of sharing tongues, though it's been moons since she joined—for some reason, she can accept the idea of star-blessed cats but not of helping with the pelt of any clanmate, even though she knows less well. the tabby notes this privately with some amusement, but accepts the calico's working at her shortened tail; she'll acclimate eventually, and it's a way to bond with her clanmates, something bobbie's found rapidly becoming important to her in recent moons.

she sets herself to the task of washing the fur along the younger cat's spine, a bit rumpled by the winds outside camp, one ear flicking in acknowledgement at the other cat's words until she's free to speak. the warrior laughs quietly in amusement at her blatant dislike of slate—she almost approves of it, to be honest, though her brows furrow at the knowledge crowpaw doesn't like his mentor either. she can't say it's exactly surprising, given her own spat with the silver tabby warrior, but it's unfortunate to think of her son spending moons of his life with a cat he doesn't like. bobbie replies, residual amusement tinging her voice, "i can't say that's exactly surprising. dandelionwish is sweet, but those t-two can be pieces of work sometimes," she remarks with a quiet sigh.

"how are you all liking climbing?" she asks, working at cherrypaw's fur again for a bit and adding, "it's been difficult for me, but i'm much older than you a-all."

• ooc: ——
  • ❀ bobbie — for her kithood love of bobby pins
    she/her ; cisgender female — skyclan — queen — 40 ☾s
    —— smells like sweet lavender & pine needles ; sounds like sansa stark ; speech in #D64933, thoughts in #B1C797
    —— peaceful / healing powerplay permitted ; attacks/contact in underline ; won’t start fights ; will flee ; will show mercy ; won't kill or maim
    —— pansexual panromantic monogamist, divorced, not looking ; open to friendships, enemies, casual interactions, plotting ; not open to unplanned romance & unplanned battles
    penned by dejavudesklamp9 on discord for plots
  • shhh don't look here (battle info will go here at some point)

Pieces of work. The phrase brings a grin to her cheeks, hidden behind Bobbie's many tufts of fur. That's funny, Slate and Silversmoke. Pieces of work. With three words Bobbie shrinks the beasts of cats to shreds of prey, feathers or fur clumps strewn around her paws. Or maybe they're the mosses gathered in apprentice jaws, happily shredded and ready to be thrown into nests or dipped in mouse bile. Bobbie's sigh makes it sound like she'd like to dip "those two" in mouse bile, just a little bit. Maybe only the tips of their tails or something.

The queen-turned-warrior is more gentle with her tongue than Cherrypaw is; she works at a particular stubborn tangle on her thigh with reckless abandon. "I love climbing," she purrs. "It's really fun." That's it, she supposes. She's not as articulate as Lupinepaw, once again, and doesn't know how to quantify the feeling of up. "I know," she adds unmaliciously. Maybe it's because Bobbie is bigger and therefore heavier (though not by a lot) that she struggles with climbing. Maybe it's because the queens aren't afforded the energy of kittens to run up and down camp. Whatever it is, Bobbie isn't as good at climbing as Orangeblossom is. "You work really hard." Her own mother does too. Is it a universal trait among mothers? "Do you think you could climb to the top of the Tall Pine one day? Like, the very top? My ma told me she did it once." A thin thread of smugness laces her last remark.

ooc: ignore how late this is </3​

✿—— she knows cherrypaw can be more than a little overconfident (then again, what new apprentice isn't?) and fiery, but in this moment the calico apprentice is a pleasant companion. she's a bit of a headstrong, feisty personality, yes, but those traits seem to have served her mother quite well—stars know orangeblossom's sharper tongue is part of what allows her to command a camp full of warriors to the day's patrols with barely a blink. bobbie has no doubt that cherrypaw will find a way to balance her confidence in time, and she'll make a warrior that does her mother proud one day; of that, the lilac tabby is certain. she twitches an ear in amusement as she washes the calico's fur—though far from a spitfire herself, bobbie cerainly has some choice words for a couple members of blazestar's council.

"that's good," the warrior remarks, simple but kind, in reply to cherrypaw's purred assent, her own chest rumbling ever-so-slightly. "i try to, for what good it does me," she replies, tilting her maned head slightly in consideration of the apprentice's question. of course she's heard of the tall pine, the ultimate challenge for their clan's most proficient climbers, but the thought of herself among its skyward branches isn't one that she can say has ever crossed her mind. finally the tabby mews, "maybe, but that day would be very far in the future, that's for s-sure. your mother's a much better climber than i am." these last words are spoken with admiration bobbie doesn't bother to conceal.

4d5460.png

• ooc: no worries <3
  • nothing here, have a nice day :-)
  • 69139399_py669CBh1zLPqxi.png
    — bobbie
    — she/her ; warrior of skyclan ; 40 ☾s
    "speech" ; thoughts ; attacks
    — chibi by its_oliverr
    — penned by dejavu