private WE TREAD WATER HERE ] pinekit

Iciclefang wastes no time. The moment she departs from Lichenstar's den, the sleek tortoiseshell heads to the nursery and finds her kits scrapping. She takes a moment — just a heartbeat — to admire them, her sons and her daughter, the way their muscles have begun to tighten under their pelts, the way their fur has become sleek and water-repellent, losing its kitten plushness. They will be fine warriors, no matter who mentors them... Buts he feels reassured after her discussion with Lichenstar today. She has faith the leader will heed her words and carefully select mentors for her children.

She angles her head towards her daughter, lifting her tail to signal her to approach. "A word, please. You can go back to your game in a moment." She pads away from Cragkit and Crabkit, hoping Pinekit has the sense to follow her out of the nursery without too many questions. Part of her wonders if she should have taken Crabkit instead, if she should have taken the challenge... but what if she's too soft on him? Lichenstar will know best, she tells herself uncertainly.

"I just spoke to Lichenstar," she tells Pinekit. She turns to regard her daughter's golden gaze, her brindled pelt, and she offers her a small smile. "I requested to mentor you. She accepted my request. In less than a moon, I will be your mentor."

• ooc: @Pinekit ⭒
  • DEuJTnr.jpg
  • Iciclekit . Iciclepaw . Iciclefang, she/her w/ feminine terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 26 moons old, ages realistically on the 17th.
    — mentored by Smokestar ; mentoring n/a ; previously mentored Cicadaflight
    — riverclan lead warrior & queen. mudpelt x icesparkle, gen 2.
    — former mate to Stormywing ; current mate to no one.
    — penned by Marquette.

sh tortoiseshell and white she-cat with ice-blue eyes. confident, capable, proud, dry, conceited, condescending, distrustful.

• Love
Reactions: Noor ♡

dd7rnmq-573746d8-568e-4514-85d0-0ea98764e7ae.gif
-ˋˏ ༻ ❆༺ ˎˊ- With each sunrise, Pinekit’s apprentice ceremony drew closer and closer. The once tiny tortoiseshell had just about filled her social circle with apprentices, each brain ready to nitpick about everything Pinekit wanted to know. The kit didn’t always get an answer, but that was okay. Honeyed hues had learned how to hone.
The kitten was just about to make Cragkit earlier teased when the shadow of her mother is cast, and it is her Iciclefang calls forward.
A word, please.
Straightening her spine, the girl steps away from her brothers to silently follow her mother out. The way in which her eyelids flutter with rapid blinking is the only sign of the curiosity that threatens to spill from her maw at any moment, though Pinekit had been trying her best to mimic her mothers composure as of late. Pollen-dusted gaze is pinned to the back of her mothers head until cool blue hues turn back to her as they come to a stop. The faint smile on Iciclefang’s maw makes Pinekit tilt her head a little, whatever this was, it was bound to be good.
I spoke with Lichenstar.
There’s a spark in Pinekit’s chest as she immediately adjusts her posture, kicking her heart-rate into overdrive. When the news is finally spilled, Pinekit’s eyes are in the shape of two blazing suns, stretched wide with disbelief and excitement. “You really mean it? You’re going to mentor me?” To other kits, Pinekit knows the mere idea of having one’s mother as your teacher might be chilling, but her mother wasn’t like the others. Iciclefang was a prodigy, everything Pinekit knew she could be, under the right guidance. Upon further confirmation, Pinekit’s expression would shift from shock to eagerness, her own wide grin meeting her mothers. “I won’t let you down, ma!” you’ll see, I promise. The thought plays on repeat behind sunshine hues.

• PINEKIT she/her, kit of riverclan, 5 moons.
    plush-furred tortoiseshell she-kit with white dipped forepaws, tail tip, and muzzle and round, honey hued optics.
    daughter of Iciclefang && Stormywing ࿏ sister to Cragkit && Crabkit
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Noor@toyangel on discord, feel free to dm for plots.