we walk in the dark // blazestar

The bramble wall snags on his shoulder, Thistleback rips his pelt away with a low growl and slams his paw on the ground making his knuckles rap hard. He dismisses Snowpaw with a flick of his tail, wordless and fuming. Every moment with the looming threat of twolegs, their missing warriors, and yet another Windclanner planted in the soils of Skyclan like a weed. What he did to Kuiper playing over in his nightmares, over, and over, and fucking over. His hackles tremble every moment of the day, his temper short but hidden well with the crackle of tendons and tightly clamped jaws.

His shoulders hurt, the ache radiating down his notched spine like a vine climbing and twisting. His eyes are narrowed and burning into the treetops, only turning back onto the bustle of camp briefly before shooting toward Blazestar’s den. He doesn’t know why but his paws take him there.

To a grieving, angry, betrayed man. Someone who deserved more, someone who deserves better. His paws plant at the den entrance, " Blazestar. " he’d wait for permission before stepping into the low-lit den. " The twolegs now another bloody Windclanner… " he grunts, settling on his ribs and crossing his forearms to flex his toes angrily. " I’m … " sorry?, Thistleback was never sorry and thought it a useless thing to say at best.

" cannot recall the last day we’ve had peace " he breathes out slowly, " I hope you’re okay. Blazestar. My prayers probably don’t reach Starclan but you’re in them " he rasps.

• @BLAZESTAR

• MqZ0nzd.png

Thirty-seven moons EVENT TRACKER | IMPORTANT INFO
    — Lead warrior of Skyclan since 12.22.22
    Devoted to Deersong 9.29.22 | polyamorous
    Father of Coyotepaw, Pricklepaw, and Eveningpaw.
    — mentoring Snowpaw graduate(s) Quillstrike
    — very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes.
    voice & accent
    biography・゚✧
    OPEN for Dice battles | 🎲 stine#3004
  • bVBPWus.png

Blazestar lifts his head at the gritty but welcoming tones of his friend. He had retreated to his den after Dawnglare's WindClan mate had come simpering at the border, after his medicine cat had spit in his face. The Clan feels strange to him now, as though he does not know those around him -- as though every cat who'd once been a friend, a Clanmate, a confidante, had been wearing the face of another.

"Please, come in." He wonders if Thistleback is angry that Blazestar had allowed the white tom to stay. He's not exactly happy with himself, after all. But he'd given Dawnglare the ultimatum and it would be dishonorable to back down from it. Besides, if I had turned him away, they would have gone on breaking the warrior code, he thinks bitterly. At least now that's over.

He blinks at Thistleback, tired. The lead warrior does not sound angry -- not at Blazestar, anyway. The change of pace is welcome. He stares at his friend for several moments before looking away. "This isn't the SkyClan I wanted to build," he murmurs. Shame creeps like spiders over his pelt. "I'm failing. And they all know it." He gestures with his nose toward the mouth of his den, out to the camp beyond.

After a heartbeat, Blazestar says, "Thank you for checking on me. If StarClan does not hear your prayers, then they are all fools." He closes his eyes. "You're a good friend. I'm lucky to have you by my side. And so is SkyClan."

[ PENNED BY MARQUETTE ]