WEATHER AIN’T BEEN BAD [moonstone visit]

dfkjvp3-d66fda25-9d8d-4dbd-9a5f-d235254b8f50.gif
Sootstar isn’t sure what caused this impromptu journey into the Moonstone, Branchfall’s death sparked it, but why was she transversing these tunnels to speak with StarClan? Why was she not just collecting the sacred rocks for burial and heading home? Sootstar doesn’t know why, but it’s the same unknown she felt when she followed the hawk to the Moonstone for the first time. To this day she still looks for that brutal yet magnificent bird when she visits.

She’s only done this three times, but traveling through the cavernous tunnels felt like second-nature now, she recalls being so lost the first time she attempted it. Her nose had been pushed into sharp rock far too many times that night… but the miraculous view was perfect.

The moon did not hang directly above the stone tonight, but it still gave off a glorious shimmer. No matter how bright the room was she was always awestruck. Laying down she presses her nose into the rock and in time falls asleep. Who knew what she’d see or hear when her eyes fluttered open?

57376414_z9vtUtAYThkuXA6.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_6.png
╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· SOOTSTAR, female — she / her
╰ ‣ 37 moons . pisces. ages on the first
╰ ‣ windclan leader . marsh-born . believes in starclan
╰ ‣ former soldier of the marsh group

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_3.png
╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, smells like heather and wet dirt , status — 100%
╰ ‣ blue smoke . scarred chest, difficult to see through fur . green eyes

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_4.png
╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ESTJ-A ❝ EXECTUTIVE ❞ , Slytherin, Lawful Evil
╰ ‣ Cunning, brash, fierce, confident, self-reliant, envious & selfish
╰ ‣ finds great difficulty in relating to others . can be cruel, usually shows mercy to those she can find sympathy with
╰ ‣ sole key to her heart is loyalty, if you have her trust, she often shows a completely different side of herself. Aggression tends to manifest from her extreme paranoia
╰ ‣ Appreciates titles such as "miss, m'am" etc

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_5.png
╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· SOOT CLAW x PEBBLE BREEZE, sister to Pebblenose
╰ ‣ heterosexual. mate to Weaselclaw
╰ ‣ mother to Windstrider, Sootchaser, Moorkit, Adderkit, Harrierkit, Bluekit & Cottonkit
╰ ‣ mentor to Smokepaw
╰ ‣ average fighter . skilled hunter .
╰ ‣ will start fights . unlikely to flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.

The once serene and star-ladden hills of the landscape Sootstar was all too familiar with recede suddenly, the grass shining with an ethereal sheen seem to wither away starting where she stands and spiraling outward until she is left in a void of starless black ink. One by one the shimmering forms of cats rise up around her in a circular, their glow so powerful that any defining features or markings are fully obscured and she is left surrounded by unfamiliar specters who begin to speak in unison, “Sootstar, leader of WindClan.” They greet, the varying tones all reverberating through the air in a synchronized hum of sound; overwhelming yet fully coherent. The anger in each voice is prominent as the sound booms around her.

“You have come to us for guidance yet we deem you only worthy of a warning!

Your reign is one of bloodshed and dishonor, from the scars you brand upon your followers to the pools of red you have left staining the earth in your wake. Should you continue down this path of senseless violence you will fall.”

The many feline silhouettes surrounding her seem to grow larger, looming almost with necks craned to peer down upon the WindClan leader, luminous eyes large and critical as though examining a fascinating insect.
“‘What say you to our words, so-called Queen of the Moorland?”

dfkjvp3-d66fda25-9d8d-4dbd-9a5f-d235254b8f50.gif
What... what was this?
A maddening ringing sounded in her ears as the thunderous vibrations of voices filled the air. The power that quaked the realm she walked in made sense, she was among gods, but they've never come out this loud before. Did their powers strengthen? Or perhaps...

They were wrathful. And of what? Whom? Her?! That is what she heard, blatantly in her ears. Her jaw drapes open and her viridescent eyes swell with utmost bewildered. They called her reign... dishonorable? They say she is senselessly violent, that she leaves pools of red stained in the earth, perhaps that was so- perhaps she was feared... but how was that bad?! The blue smoke was delirious, how could the gods she worshipped and advocated for so much say this?! How could they belittle all of her hard work, how could they not see that she's done with all the hardships and trails they've thrown at her? The traitors, the inferior clans constantly at her throat, her own clan-mates who could not keep order if it were to save their lives!!!

Should you continue down this path of senseless violence you will fall.
"I WILL NOT!" She roars back, her vocal cords straining and growling against her throat. She could not match the booming voice of her gods, but her scream was piercing and defiant all the same. "Everyday... I do my best with what I've got! What I've been given! My methods may be tough, but they work. My cats may not love me, but their fear and hate keep them in order. It keeps them in my clan, on my moors, under your sky. Without me... half of WindClan wouldn't even know to worship you!" Sootstar hisses and spits, needless arguing with her ancestors, her makers, and she knows it. Yet she is so outraged with them, the heavy sense of betrayal pours into her heart and tears burn in her eyes. "I have only ever punished those who do not obey... and you KNOW that! I will not allow cats to be traitorous and disorderly with no retribution!"

For a moment she seems to quiet, the only sound coming from her being shaky breaths. Her claws curl against the starry floor, her chin digs into her chest fur as she looks at her paws. "...I am a god too, and the difference between you and I is I'm living, and you are dead." She cannot control the words coming out of her mouth, it is as if she's become possessed- but she welcomes it. She was a god too, she would not stand for this, she would defend herself! "I will not let dead gods who have already played their lives tell me how to play mine. To tell me that my worship and efforts has not been enough. The Queen of the Moors says to hell with your warning, she's doing just fine!" With each word she spoke the scene grows dimmer and dimmer, but the hundreds of stares upon her somehow grow brighter to her. Were they damning her? What else would be the fate of a leader who spoke back against her ancestors, who told them their words they spoke would have no grip on her?

Even in the darkness of her vision she feels red-hot tears stroll down her face, her lungs sting. She cannot shake the feeling of Judas' kiss.
When she wakes up she stumbles away from the now blinding rock, it has a frightening aura now that she's never witnessed before. The void of the tunnels was never more welcoming. To the dark she feels a whole new sense of belonging and welcome.

57376414_z9vtUtAYThkuXA6.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_6.png
╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· SOOTSTAR, female — she / her
╰ ‣ 37 moons . pisces. ages on the first
╰ ‣ windclan leader . marsh-born . believes in starclan
╰ ‣ former soldier of the marsh group

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_3.png
╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, smells like heather and wet dirt , status — 100%
╰ ‣ blue smoke . scarred chest, difficult to see through fur . green eyes

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_4.png
╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ESTJ-A ❝ EXECTUTIVE ❞ , Slytherin, Lawful Evil
╰ ‣ Cunning, brash, fierce, confident, self-reliant, envious & selfish
╰ ‣ finds great difficulty in relating to others . can be cruel, usually shows mercy to those she can find sympathy with
╰ ‣ sole key to her heart is loyalty, if you have her trust, she often shows a completely different side of herself. Aggression tends to manifest from her extreme paranoia
╰ ‣ Appreciates titles such as "miss, m'am" etc

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_5.png
╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· SOOT CLAW x PEBBLE BREEZE, sister to Pebblenose
╰ ‣ heterosexual. mate to Weaselclaw
╰ ‣ mother to Windstrider, Sootchaser, Moorkit, Adderkit, Harrierkit, Bluekit & Cottonkit
╰ ‣ mentor to Smokepaw
╰ ‣ average fighter . skilled hunter .
╰ ‣ will start fights . unlikely to flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.