Weather Man [Cinderfrost]

I TOLD YOU ONCE, I CAN'T DO THIS AGAIN

It had been drizzling as the sun set earlier that night, Luke-warm rain sprinkling onto the newly deemed “Roe”‘s nose for the first time ever.
It had been exciting, sticking her head ever so slightly outside of the medicine den to feel the droplets on her muzzle, excitedly chittering to Cinderfrost as the medicine cat tried to focus on her work, despite Roe’s attempts to drag her away to play in the rain.
It had been exciting, fun even- until night settled in, and the soft drizzle now turned into a downpour.
Huddled in her nest, wide eyes watched the entrance anxiously.
CRASH!
The loud clap of thunder echoed from somewhere within the clouds, and Roe felt her heart nearly jump out of her chest.
CRASH!
Cinnamon ears clasped against the back of her head and sage hues stretched wide in fear, and she made a run for the only safe place she had in this strange new camp.
Quietly, she slipped over to Cinderfrost’s nest, peering over the slumbering mollys shoulder, before attempting in inconspicuously wiggle her way into the nest herself, burrowing her tiny being into the grey mollys warm flank, just as she had done with those twigs that fateful night.
She would feel Cinderfrost stir, and quickly attempting to press her frame into the wall of the nest, watching wide-eyed as she realized she must have awoken the medicine cat. "I-i’m sleeping here tonight." She would squeak when the mollys hard gaze to settle on to her, Roe’s tone insistent.

@cinderfrost
"speech."

There was nothing like children's innocence. Unlike those jaded by years, they got excited over the smallest of things. It was lovely to watch and caused the she-cat to purr in contentment.

However, when Roe had attempted to drag her outside she continuously declined. Not because of the rain but because she knew that, the moment she stepped out, all eyes would be on her.

The cold-blooded murderer was still in possession of the kit? She could imagine their judgemental and questioning looks. She knew she deserved their contempt but she wished to shield Roe from it.

Although... When had it become decided that Roe would stay in her den? The she-kit sort of just... Never left.

Nighttime thoughts were disrupted: not by the booming thunder but the sensation of the aforementioned kit snuggling into her side. Weary head lifted up immediately, revealing she had yet to fall asleep, and gazed down at Roe in a mixture of warmth and fear.

Another loud crash echoed, followed by electricity crackling as lightning lit up the insides of the cave "Okay." she responded without protest. However, she still remained stiff and tentative to lay her head back down.

"It'll be okay." she awkwardly tried to comfort the clearly scared kit. "It's loud but there's nothing to fear. Do you know why?"

Wary green eyes met teal with only a slight waver, but when Cinderfrost replied, her accepting tone helped Roe to relax the slightest bit, shuffling back from the edge of the nest towards Cinderfrost.
Another crash sounded from outside, but this time light followed its crackling sound harsh on tiny ears.
She lets out a gasp, tucking her paws over her eyes.
"I hate rain" she grumbled with a shaky voice. Cinderfrost begins to speak again and Roe forces her paws from her eyes to look up to her.
Nothing to be scared of.
"W-why?" Roe answers her question with her own, the curiosity blossoming under the fear and adrenaline causing the fur along her spine to lay flat, even for just a brief moment as she anxiously awaits an answer. "How.. how are you so brave?" She asked another question, though this one was in desperate need for an answer. Roe wanted to be brave like Cinderfrost was.
"speech."

Rain certainly wasn't a pleasant experience; it chilled you to the bones while attacking one with dreadful water. Growing up in the swamps, one would think she'd be fine with being damp and wet. However, her nose crinkled at the thought. Or maybe that was simply trauma speaking.

"I'm not brave." she admitted, though her fears were more toward incorporeal ideas; fear of rejection, fear of not being good enough, the list went on and on. Oh, how she wished the storm outside scared her more than the one inside her brain. "I get nervous and scared - just like everyone else. If someone says they're never afraid then they are lying to you. It's how you deal with it that matters."

A small smile relaxed her facial muscles as she looked toward the exit of the den. "They say the thunder is caused by the cats walking among the stars. They're happy up there and excited: hunting fresh prey and stomping about like small kits. I must admit, they get a bit too overzealous sometimes, though." Normally, the molly shied away from lies. She'd always been an honest cat. However, this situation called for a little white lie. Besides, cats literally came down from the skies and now haunted her dreams - it didn't seem like too much of a stretch.

"It rains when they remember those they've left down here. That's how you know they still care and are watching over you. StarClan is a land free from strife but that doesn't stop the pain of missing the ones they've lost."

Roe’s gaze is transfixed on Cinderfrost as the blue mink tells her tall tale- not that Roe would believe anything different. If she didn’t trust Cinderfrost, she trusted no one.
Biting her bottom lip, she wriggles ever so closer to the ashen molly, finding herself content for a brief moment before more Thunder would echo.
"You promise there’s nothing to be scared of? It’s just cats…?" She asks softly as wide eyes peer once more towards Cinderfrost.
A tiny forepaw fidgets at a disturbed tuft of moss in front of her, channeling her anxiety out on the little green furze.
Subconsciously, the kitten found herself glad that she had crawled over to Cinderfrost, as the fear was slowly beginning to dissipate, until her breath was once again steady.
"speech."

"I promise." Mentally, she recoiled at those two words. Her promise meant nothing. She'd promised - sworn - to keep Leaping Toad and Ash safe. She told them they'd be find, that she would protect them.

So, naturally, a promise was used to formulate the little white lie she told Roe. Lying to the little one felt wrong but at the same time.. a similar story had been told to her when she was around the young kit's age. Besides, StarClan opened up a whole new realm of possibilities so who ever know what was true anymore?

"Next time I'm visited by StarClan I'll try to file a noise complaint."