welcome home ☾ caterpillar

————— ☾ —————
NOW I KNOW WHAT'S REAL, WHAT'S FAKE

More and more kits keep filling up the nursery... Ah, maybe Swankit should be glad to be leaving soon. Still, he holds some responsibilities (eugh) as the oldest among his denmates. Second oldest, counting Applekit. Applekit's really good at knowing things and teaching other cats, but she's not always nice. Swankit can be nice, can be polite. And it's always polite to introduce yourself.

Spectermask already introduced Caterpillar... Caterpillarkit, he guesses, since that's how names work. Little bug, they called her. Runt. She is rather little, isn't she...

But most of all, she's new. Sometimes kits appear out of nowhere, Swankit knows this well. Emberkit, Crowkit... All sudden additions to the nursery. It's been a while since there's been a new one. He's gotten too used to knowing the parents of other litters that it's strange now, to have a new kit dropped into the nursery with so little fanfare. Where are her parents? Her siblings? Where did she come from?

The others aren't paying her much mind, too preoccupied with the excitement of the youngest litters leaving the nursery. Swankit blinks slowly, staring at the little kit. His steps are soft as he traces a path towards her, voice coming in it's strangely airy tone. "Um. Hello..." he says — soft, as though sharing a secret. "I'm Swankit, and you're Caterpillarkit. You're new..." he trails off, thinking. "It's polite to introduce yourself..." he concludes, by way of explanation.
RATHER SLEEP THAN STAY AWAKE
————— ☾ —————

• SWANKIT named for his pale fur, after his maternal grandmother.
    — he/him. 4 moons.
    — shadowclan kit.
    — quiet and dreamy.

penned by saturnid.​
  • "SPEECH"
  • Untitled147_20230514003200.png

Last edited:
Reactions: CATERPILLARFUZZ.
BLINDED BY THE LIGHTS

"i... i am? oh- uhm. right. i am. i am caterpillarkit and you're... swankit."

she repeats back, trying to remember bits and pieces of his scent that would make it easier to remember that. the sound of his softened voice would be something else to remember, too. with a slow nod of her head, she listens to him as he says its polite to introduce herself– she didn't even know how to do that. still, she feels bad for not knowing, but once cannot know what they are not taught.

"i'm sorry i've never had to do that before. how do... how would you do that?"

she asks, furrowing her brows together as curiosity swims within her tone.

————— ☾ —————
NOW I KNOW WHAT'S REAL, WHAT'S FAKE

Caterpillarkit seems to be catching on to the name thing quickly, that's good, but... Hm. She doesn't know how to introduce herself. There must be a lot she doesn't know. Perhaps Swankit has taken a bigger undertaking than he realized. "Ah... O - Okay...." he murmurs in response to her question.

Then, a moment of consideration. "Um. You already have, a little, you said your name, but..." But he doesn't know anything else about her. Maybe he can get some answers to his silent questions... "What... Are you like? Tell me..."

Ah, but she might not know how to do that either... He doesn't want to interrogate, so maybe... Maybe he could just give her a little nudge. Set an example. "I'm... I'll go first. I'm from Shadowclan, which is um, where we are, and I have three sisters named Valeriankit and Garlickit and Applekit and um. I like... Napping.... And stories." he nods at his own words, satisfied. That's all you need to know to understand Swankit, but what about Caterpillarkit? He watches her with an interested gleam in his soft blue eyes.
RATHER SLEEP THAN STAY AWAKE
————— ☾ —————

• //
  • SWANKIT named for his pale fur, after his maternal grandmother.
    — he/him. 4 moons.
    — shadowclan kit.
    — quiet and dreamy.

penned by saturnid.​
  • "SPEECH"
  • Untitled147_20230514003200.png

Last edited: