private welcome to the underground // frightkit

PLAY US LIKE PAWNS AND RELENTLESSLY CONFINE
INTO LIVING UP TO GENDER ROLES AND HAVING ABSENT MINDS
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
periwinklebreeze 22 moons demi-boy windclan queen
82895788_uPPlp3McehSP0eh.png
Of all the kittens under his care, it certainly seems like Frightkit is having the most trouble dealing with.... well, everything. He adores his niece, truthfully - she is bright and cheerful, and her calls of 'Peri-Peri-Peri' never fail to make him smile. But lately, she seems angrier - lashing out. And the familiarity of it hurts. Periwinklebreeze can't help but to think of his own days in the nursery - or more aptly, the moon spent withering away within the medicine den as Wistriapaw and Nightingalecry had been made apprentices before him. Thinks of Wist, bristled up in self-righteous anger, saying that Peri must be faking it for attention. His brother had always burned hot and bright in his disappointment - until one day he'd no longer burned at all.

" Frightkit, " comes gentle voice - pale furred figure slipping over to the younger point kitten on blackened paws. For a moment, he sits there in silence, paws tucking neatly beneath his frame as he peers down at the girl with pale blue eyes. It's strange, to find himself in this situation, with roles reversed - thinks of his mother and kind violet eyes with a sharp pang of hurt. " Little nightmare, " the nickname falls from his lips thoughtlessly, affectionate and warm - Frightkit was a terror, but one he adored. " D-did you know th-that I was apprenticed l-late? " comes quiet voice - an offering of understanding. Frightkit was not waiting behind her own siblings, certainly, but it must hurt to be separated from her friends - from den mates she'd spent her whole life alongside. He'd never been as social as her when he was little.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'
Don't you think it's funny how they tell us how to live?​
Don't you think it's funny how we're all delinquent kids?​

*+:。.。 Frightkit can't stay mad when Periperiperi is around. She grins up at her uncle, abandoning the bug she was chewing on to give him her full attention. " Hi Periperiperi! " she purrs, pressing her nose into his soft chest fur. Sometimes, seeing Peri with his new kits, sparked a vile burn in her chest, irritating her beyond words. But her uncle being more present in the nursery helped ease that ache, his time - although still torn - increasing nonetheless with her thanks to his confinement. Little nightmare he calls her, earning an immediate giggle from her. What a fun nickname!
He holds her full attention now as he continues, although she's forced to blink in shock at what he has to reveal. " Sunstar was mean even back then!? " the girl exclaims. She shoots an immediate glare outside the nursery, furious at the evidence that Sunstar seems to have a particular stick up his butt when it comes to being fair with her family.

• " Speech "
    GENERAL:
    Frightkit
    DFAB— She/Her — Unsure
    6 moons — Ages 1 moon every month real-time
    Windclan Kit
    Sister to Deathkit, Witherkit, Grasskit, Whitekit and Midnightkit

COMBAT:
    Physically very easy | mentally very easy
    Attack in bold #1b1e21
    injuries: None

PLAY US LIKE PAWNS AND RELENTLESSLY CONFINE
INTO LIVING UP TO GENDER ROLES AND HAVING ABSENT MINDS
periwinklebreeze 23 moons demi-boy windclan queen
82895788_uPPlp3McehSP0eh.png
Periperiperi she calls, and always it leaves him feeling warm - heart aflutter at his niece's cheerful enthusiasm. She asks if sunstar was always so mean - and despite the flash of pain that comes with the words, he chuckles softly. " No - not sunstar, b-but the leader b-before him. S-sootstar... she was not a nice c-cat - st-strong and f-feirce, but never k-kind, " he'd looked up to her once - when he was small, younger than frightkit was even now. But things had changed - she had changed, in truth, because even now he struggles to reconcile the same queen who'd taught him and his sister to chase after leaves as the same maddened monster who'd died at sunstars paws.

" B-but that's not why I w-was apprenticed late. S-see - I got really s-sick - I fell r-right over, scared the st-stars out of both my momma's, " he says, keeping his tone cheerful. " And e-even though I kn-knew I was b-being held b-back for a reason - a g-g-good one, it st-still hurt, to s-see your momma' and my b-brother get their names before me, "

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'
Don't you think it's funny how they tell us how to live?​
Don't you think it's funny how we're all delinquent kids?​

*+:。.。 Easily distractable, Frightkit would begin to play with the flowers stuck fast to Periwinklebreeze's tail. She plucks at one experimentally, wondering how hard she can pull before a petal gives way without actually removing the blossom from her uncle's fur. Without a sound, she unevenly breaks the velvet surface just as Peri mentions- "Sootstar? I hear that name a lot! " she meows, glancing up with a smile, "She sounds cool " Strong and fierce - frightening, just like her 'Appa wanted her to be! It was pretty neat that the person who fit those descriptions managed to have her name live on despite no longer being here. Considering how many cats have come and gone in Frightkit's lifetime, and most of them she barely remembers the face of, let alone the name, it's an impressive feat.
"You had two mammas? " Frightkit gasps, thinking about double the Nightingalecrys. Her uncle was pretty lucky then! Refocusing on the matter, her smile finally vanishes when Periwinklebreeze talks about being left behind. "That's awful! Sootstar sucks for not at least giving you your name! " she lashes her tail, irritated, "All windclan leaders are so unfair! One day, I'll be leader and I'll make sure no one gets left behind! " she promises, nodding at her own vow.
Then, a new thought strikes her. "Woah wait - you had a brother? " she gasps. A second periperiperi!?

• " Speech "
    GENERAL:
    Frightkit
    DFAB— She/Her — Unsure
    6 moons — Ages 1 moon every month real-time
    Windclan Kit
    Sister to Deathkit, Witherkit, Grasskit, Whitekit and Midnightkit

COMBAT:
    Physically very easy | mentally very easy
    Attack in bold #1b1e21
    injuries: None