private what a warrior would do ☾ lightstrike

—————————————————————⊰☾⊱————————————————————
TW - Brief emetophobia, spiraling mentions...

Blazestar was dead - Blazestar was dead - Blazestar was dead - it was a cruel repetitive mantra and it echoed with every step she took like a wardrum pounding in her skull. The cold was cutting with every paw placed on frozen ground, her head spinning as she finally broke away from the cluster of trees shrouding fourtrees and getting away from the gathering of cats breathing and pulsing around her; she had never liked crowds, she found she liked them even less when she felt as if her head were going to split from the pain and confusing blend of emotions - it was as if she could not decide how to feel and so her mind flit through the entire list one after another with little care for how it made her heart race.

Moonwhisper stumbled, back arching and head bowed and she wretched onto the ground suddenly, turning her head away from the sight of partially digested prey with a wrinkled nose and curled lips; her entire body twisted as she moved away from the sick, finding a place to sit where the snow didn't blanket the ground due to the trees and she could lay on her belly with her head in her paws. She shouldn't care, she shouldn't, but she is plagued with the constant memory of chasing moths with her siblings in a sunlit camp, digging her tiny claws into a pine tree as a golden muzzle pushes her up under the tail to help her scale it more easily. She'd never been good at climbing, even with the extra assistance - it was hard to say if it was because she rejected it due to SkyClan or she just lacked the skill. Maybe it had been a sign she was meant to be in ThunderClan, she felt right there and she didn't regret her decision but part of her is suddenly longing for the days where borders meant nothing when it came to blood. She bristles, angry with herself for having such weak-minded feelings, for even daring to think outside the code her sister died to form. Morningpaw would have hated it, she knows this, but she also knows Morningpaw wouldn't be dead if it had existed prior. Moonwhisper closes her eyes tightly, trying to not think about fact she no longer had parents at all, something she'd felt already since losing Little Wolf but was now only emphasized now. Did her mother welcome Blazestar to StarClan or did she shun him as he deserved.

Paws crunch and she turns, spotting cream fur amidst the trees, "...I hate that I care." She mutters, coughing, "...and I shouldn't have come, I feel awful."

• @LIGHTSTRIKE .

• dgk9va7-e404f34c-d42a-4934-8360-235d0834d2d4.png
    Moonwhisper
    —⊰⋅ Warrior of ThunderClan
    —⊰⋅ She/Her
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ LH Tortiseshell point w/ice blue eyes

WE HAVE YET TO CRASH ✧°.☀ —————————————————————————————
Lightstrike had practically shoved other cats aside to follow behind Moonwhisper's swift steps, brows furrowed in intense concern. "Moon-" he'd began, but it was no use. Before long, he was following her receding tail out of Fourtrees once and for all.

It was the sound of retching that had his head turning, muzzle crinkling. There she was, wandering away to settle no less than miserably beneath a tree. There was little hesitance before he was stepping forward to join her. She was speaking before he could. Moonwhisper sounded miserable. It tugged at his heart.

Brushing past her first comment for the time being to focus on the second, he frowned at her. "Are you... okay? I can go with you if you want to go back early. We'll be okay." It was a promise.

Lightstrike then looked down at his paws. "I mean, I don't... I know how you feel about him, but... it's not a bad thing to feel upset, you know?" Pausing, he tried to find his words. He wasn't sure how he felt about the news, either. It was hard to imagine a forest where Blazestar wasn't the leader of SkyClan. "I know you hated him, but, I mean... he..." He trailed off, trying to measure himself carefully. He knew it was always a sore subject for her, right this moment especially.

The warrior decided to leave it all unspoken for the time being. Instead he turned his head, pressing a chilled nose into chilled fur. "We can sit here for a bit, it's fine."

[penned by its_oliverr - ]
——————————— ☀.°✧ BUT WE STILL MAY AS WELL ENJOY IT