WHAT A WOMAN &. intro

C

COYOTECACKLE.

WOMEN IN TOTAL CONTROL OF HERSELF

//brief mentions of gore!!

"and so i said... well you know it takes an eye for an eye! you guys would so get it... wouldn't ya?"

the brown feline looked at the two pieces of prey that they had. she had taken an eye from each of them, placing them in the other ones mouth. a giggle leaves them as they pick up on frog, mimicking a voice near and dear to her.

"you're crazy, sister. this is why I left to join cicadastar and the rest of the fish gutters! they know how to treat me a lot better!!"

she grabbed the other frog in her paw, beginning to mock her own voice.

"but brother! we were supposed to stick together! mother will be so mad... i will never be able to forgive you! all of this, for a bad frog joke. all i said was it was time for you to... hop on to it! you couldn't even– pff– laugh!"

she rolled herself back onto her back, paws covering their mouth as they began to snicker, before sighing heavily. they stayed in the position for a while before swaying their tail. he left because he doesn't love you. they don't want you as a sibling. i mean come on. haven't you seen us in a reflection? who could possibly want us as a sister?

"oh, come on! 'm not that bad! i jus' tell some pretty silly jokes every now 'n' again. it's not our fault he left. they just don't... care about us. but we don't need him. all they did was stiffle our creativity. like watch this."

they stood back on their paws, picking up the frog and making it do a silly dance, laughing to herself as she tossed it in the air, catching it mid air and landing neatly on her paws. oh yes! bravo! what a show!! bow for the audience! they must know how talented we are!

she giggled, bowing down with a swish of her tail. to be able to entertain herself like this... what else could they possibly do?

"hey, you. you mind tellin' me a nice joke? ya don't gotta, I can tell ya one, too, but i much rather you try."

Rosemire doesn't have any high ground from which to judge other people for their eccentricities or questionable mental states, but watching the other ShadowClanner play with frogs and mime a conversation between them (one that sounds a bit personal), well...look, it's not taking the high ground if he's on a flat plain and she's dug a hole so deep she might be nearing the bones of decency. He's rarely disquieted by anything that isn't the clans' casual willingness to repeatedly destroy each other, so he's at a loss for words.

And to make matters worse, he thinks she's talking to him. Possibly.

"A nice joke? Or a good one? Because I don't have either." His encounter with Clayfur certainly introduced him to a new terrible joke, but not a good one, and why is he even considering telling her a joke, anyway? Rosemire eyes her carefully. "You uh...hung up on family leaving for RiverClan?" Seems like there was a time damned near everyone had somebody who left for whatever's in RiverClan's water. "Never mind. That seems like something neither of us wants to talk about. What's your joke?"

"TO MEET YOU UNDERNEATH THE MOONLIGHT"
Willowpatch let off a soft sigh of satisfaction as she looked down at her completed work. A tiny braid of flowers, intricately woven together barely an inch long, and the bird skull she had been working to clean as to add to her collection.

She would rotate her neck carefully, being hunched over from working always made her sore, before looking up and spotting Coyotecackle and Rosemire lightly chatting. What luck! She had been wondering who this art piece should be for anyway. Grabbing the two small treasures, the dilute would make her way over to the pair, catching the tail end of what Rosemire had been saying. Oh my, so Coyotecackle had lost family to those snake-tongued Riverclanners? She would need these gifts then, Willowpatch would determine.

Taking a seat beside Rosemire, she would place her gifts between Coyotecackle and Rosemire before meowing softly, "Are we telling jokes? I'd love to hear if that's alright."

✦ ★ ✦

can we leave it behind? The tension that loomed over Coyotecackle like a fog had hardly encouraged the older warrior to approach her. Sabletuft had his own fog to navigate through, cross-contaminating only made things more difficult for him to get by. Though it was no secret, Coyotecackle's kin had left for her for a life in RiverClan. He could hardly understand the amount of betrayal she felt at the moment. Grieving someone who still lived wasn't any easier than grieving the dead.

The strange voices that she played with her prey-puppets had gone unheard as he wasn't quite in earshot of the show, but had come close right as Willowpatch had. While he stood behind the pair his eyes glanced down at the defiled frogs uncomfortably, remaining silent but present for now. — tags

Reactions: Willowpatch
on the outside always looking in ✧°.☀ ———————————— In one of his more disgruntled moods Wolfpaw had made his way to the stock of prey that finally seemed at a safe level. He had been a kit when the pile was never full enough and he was one of the priorities, but even if you don't go as hunger as others you hear the grumbles of empty stomachs all the same, and something is ingrained in you. So, as he slowly lifted a small frog of the fresh-kill pile he couldn't help but overhear the colorful acting of Coyotecackle. Dancing around two dead frogs, two pieces of food, being mushed and mangled by frantic paws.

So Wolfpaw sat near the molly and her growing crowd and waited for someone to tell a joke as he slowly went to tear flesh from his lunch. He could feel a observation at the tip of his tongue as the warriors in the group seemed to meander around telling a joke themselves, and instead waiting for Coyotecackle to offer one up. He fought the words that bubbled in his throats... he couldn't say this to a warrior, they were to be respected. But, his tongue slipped "I have a joke," he didn't cringe outwardly but he felt everything inside of himself shrivel as he understood there was really no going back, "Why was the cat playing with it's food?"" He didn't wait long until he delivered the punchline dryly "There were too many words falling out of her mouth to let anything else in." it by all means was hardly a joke. Wolfpaw was honestly ready to be sent of by the warriors around him, but he already was in a sour mood so what was a punishment going to do?
[penned by user - [tags☀]]
———————————— ☀.°✧ will i ever be more than i've always been?