WHAT ARE FRIENDS FOR? / Fanta

IMG_0038.gif

Oh. This was bad, really bad!
Figpaw cannot believe she’s doing this, hiding a piece of prey in her maw and sneaking it off to a kittypet?! What was wrong with her?! Has she gone bird-brained? Despite the scolding her paws do not stop moving, she does not stop using the shadows to sneak past any ongoing patrols or training duos walking by. Finally she makes it, the twoleg place, her stride quickens until she reaches the nest of Fanta.

Wiggling under the fence and into her garden eyes of the sun scan the area for any outside two legs. When the coast is clear, she searches for Fanta with a couple mrrows. Once finding her new friend she places the mouse at her paws, forgetting all about the consequences this action would have if she was caught. ”…New-leaf is coming, my clan is going to be eating well again- so I think this is okay.” She verbalizes out loud to her friend, mostly to assure and make excuses for her own self. The guilt subsides very little. ”You’ve shared so much with me- so now I’d like to share this with you! It tastes amazing- if only I could’ve gotten it to you still warm.”

// @Fanta !

55417772_ks6HUyroX73gwyT.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· FIGPAW, AMAB — she / her
╰ ‣ 10 moons .
╰ ‣ skyclan apprentice . believes in starclan, doesn't fully understand

╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, smells like pine nettles & sap, status — 100%
╰ ‣ A red tabby she-cat with orange eyes. Mangled right hind leg.

╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ENFP-A ❝
CAMPAIGNER❞ , Gryfindor, Lawful Good
╰ ‣ Excitable, generous, caring, quick-to-act, daft, naive
╰ ‣ finds relative ease relating to others . kind-hearted, will show mercy

╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· NPC X DAISYFLIGHT, sister to Greenpaw, Violetpaw, Snowpaw & Butterflypaw
╰ ‣ Pansexual . mistakes admiration for romantic feelings
╰ ‣ Apprentice to Tallulahwing
╰ ‣ poor fighter . okay hunter .
╰ ‣ unlikely to start fights . will flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.

Fanta has been growing used to her new friend coming around, she liked the wild apprentice, so much so that she finds herself perched on the top of her twoleg fence, peering into the woods for any sign of that now familiar orange tabby pelt coming around the corner. Her heart nearly did a somersault when she spotted her, this time though she had something clutched in her jaws. The chocolate tortoiseshell leaps down from her perch to meet Figpaw, a greeting dying on her lips when the red molly beats her to speaking first.

She looks down at the mouse that is now in between her paws, a rush of warmth surging through her as she remembers the day that she and Figpaw had first met. She wonders if she had been thinking the same or if this was merely coincidence. Her heart nearly skips a beat nonetheless. "Awe, ya didn’t have to get me anything at all you know that" she says, heat rising to her cheeks but the warm smile on her face suggests that she is pleased by this surprise, despite her words. "Are ya sure it’s okay? I don’t wanna eat while you go hungry… why don’t ya join me?" she says, reaching out with a paw to push the creature closer to the space between them. She didn’t want to try her first bite of prey alone after all!

IMG_0038.gif

”I know,” Figpaw says, enjoying the smile planted on her friend’s face, ”But I wanted to!” with that, she smiles too.

Besides it only felt fitting, mouse was the prey Fanta nearly almost had for herself before Figpaw put a stop to it. Part of her still felt a little bad, but her clan had really needed it at the time… but now that things were better and new-leaf was upon them surely it was okay to allow Fanta to enjoy this gift from the forest?

”It’s okay, promise. I wouldn’t tease you with it if it wasn’t.” The SkyClan apprentice purrs before moving to crouch aside it upon request, ”I’ll take a couple of bites, but trust me this is for you to enjoy! I’ve been eating mouse all my life and there will be plenty more after this one.”

”Take the first bite out of its belly, that’s where most of the good stuff is! Some cats rip the fur off before eating, but some like it’s texture.”

╰ ‣ 11 moons .

· ENFP-A ❝

Fanta looks bashfully down at the mouse while Figpaw explains that it’s really all right for her to have it. "This is tha nicest thing anyones ever done for me thank you" not a hard thing to accomplish considering Fanta has not met very many other cats other than her neighboring kittypets of course, but still, the gesture is widely appreciated by the chocolate tabby. She leans down and takes a bite out of the very spot her red tabby friend had suggested, eating it fur and all. She wanted her first experience to be genuine after, all! Immediately thought she decided that she is not one of the cats who likes the texture of it and makes a mental note to eat around it next time.

Her mama did not raise her to be rude though so she chews and swallows the fur rather than spitting it out like her brain initially told her to do, pushes past it to the meat, the thing she really was craving a bite of. It doesn’t disappoint.

It’s gamier than the kibble her twolegs feed her and obviously fresher but it has a taste that is slightly familiar. It’s like she has been waiting to eat this her whole life. She suddenly is hungrier than she’s ever been and she wants to devour the whole thing then and there but her ma had always told her she needed to be polite. Especially when she ate. "It’s delicious!" she exclaims, looking up from her meal and licking her lips in satisfaction. Her stomach grumbles loudly and she lets out a small, awkward laugh. "I guess that means my stomach likes it too I suppose!" she leans down and takes another bite, chewing thoughtfully "Y’know Fig I think it’s really cool that ya know how to catch stuff like this and fight and all that. The only thing I’ve ever had ta fight in my life is the small roaring monster my twolegs take out sometime" she remembers bravely squaring up with the vacuum only for it to roar at her fiercely in response. She had run away and hid then, coming out only to her twolegs coos and promises that it was alright, the coast was clear. In comparison to Figpaw, she knows she is not nearly as cool, or as brave. Her heart flutters thinking about the danger the red striped apprentice has seen and lived through. Perhaps if she was lucky Figpaw might tell her a tale of some of her adventures sometime soon. She did love hearing about them.

IMG_0038.gif

Its rude to hover while someone is eating, but Figpaw just can’t help it! She just has to see her friend’s reaction to the taste, though part of her can’t help but expect gagging and for the bite to be spat right back out. Would mouse taste good to a cat who’s at kibble all her life? It would be a sad reality to not be able to enjoy a good mouse, but Figpaw finds it scarily plausible. Yet as Fanta chews and Figpaw notes a swallow, a certain light instantly warms her eyes.

It’s delicious! Immediate accomplishment settles inside of Figpaw and she relishes it. To be the cat who first introduced Fanta to prey, who would’ve though! ”I’m glad you like it! Maybe next time I can bring you something else? Maybe a squirrel? Oh, what else do you want to try?!” Figpaw excitedly begins to brainstorm, seemingly forgetting about the guilt of stealing prey from her clan for the time being.

When Fanta goes on to praise her for being able to hunt and fight, Figpaw’s pelt bristles in alarm at the mention of a “small monster” the bandana wearing cat reports she has to fight off. First thing of concern was how Fanta ever managed to fight a monster off! Figpaw wasn’t even sure the entirety Of SkyClan could do that! Two, how could a monster be small? It was hard to imagine… her limp legs lets out sympathetic pains in thought and she closes her eyes.

But I’m okay. She assures, and with a deep breath opens them again, ”A monster?! I can’t believe you have to fight off monsters! That’s terrifying!”

╰ ‣ 11 moons .

· ENFP-A ❝

Fanta nods sagely, feeling a little bit guilty that her friend thinks of her as some big strong hero when all she did was run up to it and hit it while it was sleeping. She doubted it even felt it but still, she had felt brave in the moment. When she looks at Figpaws leg though, she realizes that she had never faced true danger like the wild cat sitting before her had. "awe it ain’t so bad" she says, embarrassed slightly. "The twolegs keep it in control I think and if ya stay out it’s way it doesn’t do you any harm" that was true for the big ones too, but Fanta is not sure she is ready to tell Figpaw about the times she has ridden in the belly of the big ones, watching the world go by as it races through the streets on those big black paws, faster than she could ever run that was for sure!

"Id love to try a squirrel sometime!" she says, already getting excited at the thought. All these new things that she was getting to try! It was so exciting. "are they harder to catch than mice?" they must be with the way they are able to scurry up trees and leap from branch to branch. Fanta envisions them to be pretty quick little things.

IMG_0038.gif

Fanta assures Figpaw that it’s fine and not a big deal, but she isn’t so sure! She’s never heard of a cat hitting a monster before, sleeping or not, the fact she was still living with no permanent injury was amazing! ”Yeah… but, what if a day comes where you don’t realize you’re in its way before its too late?” That’s what had happened to Figpaw and the monster that struck her. She had no idea it was coming until it was too late! She grimaces remembering the sound her leg made on impact.

At least talks of future prey-tastings was more light-hearted! Figpaw nods, ”I can do that.” she promises with confidence she should not have. Could she really do it? Squirrels were rarely sighted on ground, a majority of her past catches had been in the trees. ”Oh yeah, by a lot- because of the climbing they can do. But it’ll be no problem! You’ll have a squirrel at your paws in the next two sunrises.”

╰ ‣ 11 moons .

· ENFP-A ❝

She can tell the topic of monsters makes Figpaw uncomfortable by the way the red tabby apprentice grimaces "The two-legs control it and I trust them to not let it get me! Don't worry I'm careful." She hopes that puts her friend's worries at ease. Though it would be a lie if she said it didn't make her a little happy that Figpaw was as concerned for her as she was too. From the vague things she's heard and seen so far being a wild cat seemed like dangerous business, but still, she was intrigued by Figpaw's life. It sounded like more fun than staring out a window all day that was for sure!

She doesn't want to insult her friend by doubting her hunting abilities. She was a better hunter than she was after all, so Fanta simply smiles "I'm looking forward to it!" she says simple instead. "Does this mean you're leaving again?" she asks quietly, shuffling her paws quietly. Her least favorite part of the day was when Figpaw had to return to her clan. She understands that she needs to get back to her family, and her other friends, so they wouldn't worry, but Fanta secretly finds herself wishing that she could just stay here, with her.

IMG_0038.gif

Solemnly Figpaw nods, ”It does.” she too hated this part. She wishes she could stay by Fanta all day long, but if she did not return her clan would look for her. Tallulahwing and Daisyflight would grow worried sick she had gotten herself ran over again or worse, and when they found her how would she explain?

She feels like her heart is being stretched in two, but at the end of the night she knows she belongs in the forest. ”But I’ll be back soon! Before you even know it!” The marmalade apprentice gives her friend an affectionate lick at the side of her head before paws begin to take off in the direction of home, ”Walk with me to the fence?”

╰ ‣ 11 moons .
╰ ‣ skyclan apprentice . believes in starclan

· ENFP-A ❝
╰ ‣ Excitable, generous, caring, quick-to-act, distrusting, resentful
╰ ‣ cats of windclan blood or those she deems morally inferior will be met with her ire

╰ ‣ Crushing on Fanta
╰ ‣ good fighter . excellent hunter .