tunnels what if i put off my inheritance? {Honeysucklepaw}

Cricketcry

wretchedly nervous
Jul 1, 2024
𓆧 There's an entryway to the tunnels that is relatively close to camp concealed by gorse and a crawling shrub, its perfectly camouflaged. Cricketcry led his apprentice here, unspeaking; the sun was just beginning to spread weak tendrils of light across the moors and the dawn patrols departed camp at the same time they had. He intends to guide Honeysucklepaw into the tunnels for the first time. It was only a couple days ago when he met his apprentice, and their relationship already started off rocky. He hopes to amend this in some way by showing the young cat through the tunnels.

Cricketcry murmurs hoarsely, "I-I've heard it can be... s-sss-scary for some their first time in the tunnels." As he speaks he can vividly remember the first time he stepped foot into the dank tunnels, protected on each side by the earth... even with all the weight of the world threatening to collapse onto him at any moment, he remembers that he could finally breathe. "W-we won't go deep or far today, y-you must stay close. Always k-k-keep your nose touched to my tail. Theres... not much room-m-m to turn but if we must surface, we will."

The compact tom pads forward towards the mouth of the sprawling tunnels and gestures for Honeysucklepaw to follow. He shoulders aside the shrubbery and pads into the darkness, eyes dilating and adjusting to the dimness. "It will t-take... time for your senses to adjust and become... finely tuned, but it will happen in d-due time, n-not on this first journey or your next, and so you must communicate, l-listen-n-n and stay close. It is not narrow for several tail lengths, b-but the tunnel will shrink and slope downwards..." He blinks slowly at his apprentice, Cricketcry wonders if she is at all nervous, and if she is he is sure she will grow out of the worry... Cricketcry will keep guiding her into the sprawling tunnels until her senses are poised and finely tuned, just as his. He will not let Honeysucklepaw down in this manner... there's no denying the pathetic feline has a passion for the tunnels.

"Right. C'mon," Cricketcry faces away from Honeysucklepaw and limps further into the shadows, projecting his voice, "If you're too... scared... just tell me now..." He admits a husky chortle which sounds boisterous as he travels further into the depths. "We w-w-will be staying s-straight and then taking the first right. Do you know how I will be able to know when the turn is?"

u9a4dSL.png

• OOC—
  • CRICKETCRY —— Tunneler of Windclan 𓆧
    𓆧 he/him/ 28 ☾
    𓆧 petite, reclusive, & wistful
    𓆧 has a slight limp
    𓆧 lh chocolate tabby/fawn chimera